Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Born This Way (2x18) - Episode Discussion

Born This Way (2x18) - Episode Discussion
TUESDAY, APRIL 26

“GLEE” GOES GAGA WITH SUPER-SIZED 90-MINUTE EPISODE TUESDAY, APRIL 26, ON FOX

Series Returns with All-New Episodes Tuesday, April 19

GLEE pays homage to Mother Monster herself, Lady Gaga, when New Directions performs her latest smash hit, “Born This Way,” in a super-sized 90-minute episode airing Tuesday, April 26 (8:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

In the “Born This Way” episode, MR. SCHUESTER (Matthew Morrison) teaches the glee club a valuable lesson about self-acceptance and embracing what makes you unique through the music of Lady Gaga. Meanwhile, LAUREN ZIZES (guest star Ashley Fink) and QUINN FABRAY (Dianna Agron) go toe-to-toe for the prom queen crown, MS. PILLSBURY (Jayma Mays) confronts her obsessive issues, RACHEL BERRY (Lea Michele) struggles with a life-altering decision and SANTANA LOPEZ (Naya Rivera) has something up her sleeve that could permanently alter the glee club dynamic.

In the short amount of time since GLEE hit the airwaves, the series has racked up two Platinum and two Gold albums, two Grammy Award nominations, more than 22 million song downloads, the No. 1 soundtrack of 2010 (“The Christmas Album”) and an incredible 19 Emmy and 11 Golden Globe nominations, as well as four Emmy Awards and three Golden Globes, including the award for Best Television Series – Comedy or Musical. The critically acclaimed “Glee Live! In Concert!,” starring 14 members of the television show’s cast, will return to North American concert stages this spring.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread Hannah! Can't believe it's gonna be 90 minutes!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know!!!

Okay I'm off to watch!

Hope everyone enjoys the ep.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Unpretty is already trending <3
Old 04-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

my poor bb quinn. i kinda hate that puck let lauren do that too her. :/

“Sometimes when I'm alone, I take the pearl from where it lives in my pocket and try to
remember the boy with the bread, the strong arms that warded off nightmares on the train, the kisses in the arena.”
Old 04-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

Thoughts on tonight's episode:

Aww @ Puck wanting to be Lauren's king..

I prefer pregnant Quinn over self-absorbed Quinn.

Unpretty used to be my theme song growing up

@ Santana's "Only straight I am is straight up bitch." Well, alrighty then!

I love watching Mike dance. He's got talent on top of talent.

Aww @ Finn saying Rachel was beautiful.

The way Rachel announced she was getting a nose job reminded me of 90210's "Donna Martin is graduating"

Aww. Blaine & Kurt equals adorable. (SN: Where did the random piano come from? )

Wow..that was kind of mean, Lauren, putting up all the pictures of Lucy...er Quinn.

Kurt/Rachel friendship. them

I'm glad Emma is getting help. She needs it.

I'm sorry Artie. But I Santana and Brittany together. (Glad she wore the shirt)

No weave? all righty then!

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 04-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Poor Dianna being given this lame ass excuse of storylines.

Ruined the ep for me.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
styles&tomlinson
Old 04-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Supreme Fan

The whole Lucy thing was stupid. Completely out of left field.
Also did not care for Santana's storyline.

Loved everything else .

Quote:
Unpretty used to be my theme song growing up
Mine too!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

LOVED:
• Emma! Her first therapy session and Will's blunt wake up call was the first step to recovery. I'm glad their finally taking this seriously.
• Unpretty/I Feel Pretty mashup
• Born this way which included Emma and Will at the end. Perfect

LIKED:
• LUCY! I have a personal connection with that name so I'm delighted to see that one of the characters has that name.
• Kurt vs Karofsky in the office
• Barbra Streisand duck sauce song in the mall. Very cute

Didn't like
• All this butt kissing of Kurt as if he's the savior of the world. Enough already
• Warblers - Bubye guys. Glad to see the end of you
• Santana being the leader of the anti-bullying brigade. Seriously? Nah, there's nothing hypocritical about that. I'm glad she was too chicken to do the BTW number.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah not even going to pretend I will even watch this failboat that would have been 90 minutes i would have wasted.

But it's sad that the writers obvs. don't respect some of their fans and have no problem kicking them when they are down? Quick is the one ship who haven't gotten anything, and they still treat them the worst.
The Quinn SL? Really, it's was ripped from some bad soap opera or OTH and even they did it better. Nothing made sense. so her parents just forgot about her real name? That little blond girl who fell asleep in her father's lap was someone else? This season just lacks quality and all of the SL's feel like repeats or just out of the blue. And I guess when Quinn asked Mercedes in season 1
Quote:
"how do you stand it? I’ve only had to deal with this for a few months, you’ve had it your whole life’ speech to Mercedes make sense if she used to get bullied constantly?"
she was lying? Or yeah...nothing in season 1 happened.

But at least there was some continuity, Quinn's dad..being a douche. Who lets their 11 year old daughter get a nose job? No wonder that girl is so messed up.

oh well Dianna, only one season left then you can work with people who appreciate you as well as your talent and are professional.

EDIT: Oh lol..and really Glee? Using the awful promotional shoots for the posters? That was just...like...even lame for this show
This episode really ruined Puck for me, he is now beyond redeemable. To actually go out of his way to help his gf sabotage Quinn, the girl claimed he loved? And not really give a sht about making her feel bad? Double standard much?

Last edited by Caliina; 04-26-2011 at 09:11 PM
Old 04-26-2011, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

watching and typing lol

- Finn's dancing causing Rachel to break her nose. That's hilarious!!!

- omg, how offensive gosh. i didnt get a nose job at 16! way to use a stereotype against us

- Santana mouthing off is hilarious

- so funny, but this whole nose talk made me look at all their noses and jeez! they ALL have beautiful noses. what are the chances? in real life, i know more people with less than perfect noses than i do with perfect ones.

- "im keeping it real"

- OMG. dont EVEN go there. Cory Monteith is the hottest man alive. he is perfect wouldnt change a thing about him

- i love will so much. he reminds me so much of will from early season 1.

- I LOVE SANTANA SO FAR. she caught karofsky checking sam out, that's hilarious.

- sam's Sean Connery imitation is really cute too.

- I've got to gay

- I don't accept Lauren.

- I love Emma "i was born this way, hooray!" hilarious.

- ugh, i dont like Lauren AT ALL.

- Puck is soooooooooooooo HOT.

- Quinn's nose really is awesome. She has the nicest nose I have seen. NGL, Quinn is being extremely likable today

- OMG i LOVE this quinn/rachel duet. im crying for real. wow. That was amazing.

- I still dislike Lauren, but she is right with what she told Quinn.

- OMFG. Santana, so far, is the QUEEN of this episode. "the only straight i am is straight up bitch!" ily <3

- Finn is sweet and awww, that song is realllly good and he sings it beautifully! i love the dance lesson too. Mike and Finn hardly ever have scenes together, this is cute.

- finnnnnnn. I LOVE YOU! "Rachel, don't do this. You're beautiful"

- Karofsky this is obviously staged Santana did it!

- Puck, i love you forever.

- kurt is backkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH! Blaine and Kurt are really cute together

- wasn't into Kurt's song. sorry.

- OMG QUINN that's effing hilarious.

- wow. Lauren is awful. just an awful person. I HATE HER.

- Kurt that's so sweet "so are you Rachel"

- omg puck dancing has got to be one of the hottest things EVER!

- wow, that was awesome <333 the dancing at the mall!

- poor emma

- Finn is the sweetest guy ever. He is so nice to Quinn.

- TY for apologizing Lauren.

- cute Brittany/Santana scene <3 awwww I"m with Stupid is hilarious!

- butt chin

- that song was absolutely amazing. I need to get it. They sang it really well "Born this way." the entire message of this episode is inspiring.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

After the boring episode last week, this one was much more solid. There were some things that I didn't love, but overall, SO much better.

--- Lauren continues to bug the ever loving snot out of me. Her schtick used to be sort of amusing. Now she's just a bitch for the sake of being an annoying bitch. Her apology wasn't worth much imo.

--- Santana, and by proxy Naya, continue to be what makes me get excited for this show. And Santana has come a long way since the beginning of the first season. She's at least being honest about who she is to herself, which is the first step. And blackmailing Karofsky was fantastic, even if she initially did it for selfish reasons. I think she genuinely cares about Kurt, and because she sees some of herself in Karofsky, it makes sense that she'd zero in on him. Brittany continues to baffle me though, she obviously has issues with Santana and who she chooses to date, or beard, or whatever. And she claims she loves her. So why is she still with Artie? Seems like Britt is hedging her bets until Santana is out, loud and proud.

--- Finn wasn't a douchebag the entire episode. Gasp. Are the writers actually hearing fandom and realizing how awful Finn has been coming across recently? It was a really nice change.

--- Too much Kurt as the messiah coming home. But I'm glad he's back, if only for the fact I won't have to see the Warblers much at all anymore. The Blaine/Kurt moment on the steps was just over the top cheesy and blah though. But I don't ship them in the least because of my intense dislike for Blaine, so that's probably a bit of a biased opinion.

Overall a very solid episode. I'm hoping the trend continues into the last couple of episodes.

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 04-27-2011, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

First of all, why was promoted as a 90 minutes episodes when it barely lasted 60 without the interruptions?

KURT IS BACK!
I was sad to see the Warblers go, but he needed to come back.

SOWK made me tear up like a crazy

Finn nearly killing Rachel
I'm glad she didn't do the nose job, she'd not be herself.

A big hurray for Finn's character grow in this episode:
- protecting/worrying for Kurt
- calling Rachel beautiful in front of everyone
- cheering Quinn about her past

Puck/Lauren are really a dangerous duo
It's sweet that Puck wants her to be PQ, but the thing with Quinn was a low blow.

So Quinn is basically a fake.
She's not a real beauty. She's just a bunch of surgeries and diet.
Way to kill her character.

Santana is really accepting her gayness.
Well her alliance with Dave is weird but it allowed Kurt to get back so I won't complain too much.

@ Will interrupting MT making out

The mall attack was AWESOME!

Emma was an awesome character in this episode.
She's finally coming to term with her disease

BTW was absolutely fantastic!
Old 04-27-2011, 04:12 AM
Passionate Fan

I haven't seen the episode yet but I heard it's revealed that Quinn was fat ,brunette and had to get a nose job ?

Really writers ?
I'm tired of pop culture trying to comfort it's viewers by bringing down the pretty girls (painting them as malicious or dumb) or in this case denying their existence at all.It's insulting.No one is going to feel better about themselves because Quinn fabray isn't real, but the product of surgery. (well okay some people may, but that's tragic in it's own way) Beautiful women exist and the average woman know's it and deals with it, the writers don't have to write this escapist bs to make girls feel better. It's a whole new level of delusion It is possible for Quinn to look gorgeous and have issues , that's the irony and brilliance of life. So much fail, I can't even.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It is possible for Quinn to look gorgeous and have issues
apparently not.

so that kid i thought PQ shared, does she look like Lucy or Quinn?

Last edited by Caliina; 04-27-2011 at 04:55 AM