Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

I felt that the Puck/Rachel pairing was a missed opportunity because we really didn't get a reaction from Finn or Quinn.

I guess the writers are still trying to figure the characters out but we have to go with what they give us. Finn is supposed to be the the dumb lovable jock but the dumb stuff can wear thin fast. Another thing with Finn is that it can be hard to peg him at times. Finn is supposed to be dumb, but at times he apears to be an emotional savant. I'm not sure if that's the right word.

At time it seems that he knows exactly what to say. There is an awareness that he has that you don't see in the others. Maybe it's because he's had the most scenes with the adults than the other kids. But his conversations with Will, Ken and Emma show a level of maturity.

We have seen Finn manipulate the football team, the glee club and Rachel. Manipulation is not a good thing, but it's not something that you normally find in a slow person. It seems the writers make Finn dumb when need be and aware and able to handling situations when the story requires. To me that's not consistent.

I don't know if Finn has a Sean MacNamara (see Nip/Tuck) dark side but I don't think it's needed. I think you just have to be consistent.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
We could have done without the Quinn/Finn still wanting to be popular storyline and made it into how they feel about P/R hooking up especially since Puck hates/hated her. You would think with Quinn being pregnant and from a strict home she would have been more worried about her parent's reactions than her peers.
Like I said, it was an ambitious storyline they tried to pull off but the execution was bad. I think they thought they needed to do a follow up about Quinn's pregnancy being outted by Sue so they wasted time on that forgetting that they needed to show her and Finn's reactions to PR. They didn't have enough time to showcase their reactions. I think they shouldn't have tried to do both plots in the same episode.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Sorry i disappeared!
I have to leave again too. I'll talk to you all later!
There is an essay out their with my name on it and i have just tonight to write it!
Old 10-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They better brought some serious good stuff for RF after the mini hiatus
Old 10-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
Like I said, it was an ambitious storyline they tried to pull off but the execution was bad. I think they thought they needed to do a follow up about Quinn's pregnancy being outted by Sue so they wasted time on that forgetting that they needed to show her and Finn's reactions to PR. They didn't have enough time to showcase their reactions. I think they shouldn't have tried to do both plots in the same episode.
They should have also had a scene between Rachel and Finn about him quitting Glee. It's hard to believe that Finn would quit glee without even speaking to Rachel about it, especially after getting her to come back to glee.

A little off topic, but since you bring up Quinn. How is she supposed to perform with a baby? The school district in my area would have her placed in an alternative school.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Guh. I hate when there's discussion like this and I'm about to go home Anyway will try to actually respond to stuff when I get home. I'm off work. Bye~
Old 10-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
They should have also had a scene between Rachel and Finn about him quitting Glee. It's hard to believe that Finn would quit glee without even speaking to Rachel about it, especially after getting her to come back to glee.
Yeah it was hard for me to believe that as well. Like it's been said though this episode was just rushed. None of the storylines made any real sense and came out of nowhere.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi all! I'm home.

Jen, did you guys ever hear from gleeclub regarding loveourbaby promotion/affiliation? I can't remember whether it was you or Sam who sent it.

Quote:
Another thing with Finn is that it can be hard to peg him at times. Finn is supposed to be dumb, but at times he apears to be an emotional savant. I'm not sure if that's the right word.

At time it seems that he knows exactly what to say. There is an awareness that he has that you don't see in the others. Maybe it's because he's had the most scenes with the adults than the other kids. But his conversations with Will, Ken and Emma show a level of maturity.

We have seen Finn manipulate the football team, the glee club and Rachel. Manipulation is not a good thing, but it's not something that you normally find in a slow person. It seems the writers make Finn dumb when need be and aware and able to handling situations when the story requires. To me that's not consistent.
I think after episode 5, they kind of deviated from "emotional savant" Finn. At least I don't remember him seeing that level of awareness he has since that episode. Maybe the stress got to him? I wonder if there was a different writer for this episode compared to the one previous. :looks:
Old 10-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Jen, did you guys ever hear from gleeclub regarding loveourbaby promotion/affiliation? I can't remember whether it was you or Sam who sent it.
I believe Kat was going to ask because she was knows one of the mods over there. I haven't heard anything though.

Quote:
I wonder if there was a different writer for this episode compared to the one previous.
I'm wondering that too.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey, you can remove me from mod-ness now. I don't know when LJ will fix the custom css problem they have because I can't save the layout where I uploaded the images on my own server. I'll just send the code to you once they've fixed it.

Someone posted this at love ourbaby.. I wish we can see up to the feet so I can see her tippy toes..

Old 10-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Hi all! I'm back!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Master Fan

Sam!

That picture is so cute! I love the height difference so much maybe because I'm a short girl.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

WB! Did you finish your essay?
Old 10-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

That pic reminds me of what Lea said on Rachael Ray the insanely tall guy and the extreamly short girl!
EDIT: Yup! all done!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is the truth~

You know what I love about this show? HOW THEY REUSE OUTFITS!! /random comment