Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2014, 02:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclarexdelena (View Post)
what did everyone watch on the CW?
I don't watch any CW shows. I tried watching OTH in its first season on the CW... As bad (but still terribly good) the show was in its first four seasons, I couldn't watch anymore. I understand storylines had to be altered because of certain cast members, but still. Some of the plot that played out were completely unnecessary. In the end, it wasn't even about the rivalry between Lucas and Nathan anymore. It was a "Pity Peyton, Bring down Brooke, Naley-loving" show.

I love Naley, and I don't really care for Peyton... I'm neutral towards her. But it was originally about Lucas and Nathan, not all the soapy love triangles and other ridiculous storylines.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved OTH!
Old 02-22-2014, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved OTH until the 4th season. I would even say the 5th..but after that...

I watched off and on for the 6th season but after that I stopped. OTH was supposed to be about Lucas. How can you continue the show without him? I though the s6 finale would of been an amazing series finale.

April
Old 02-22-2014, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Lucas stopped being the primary focus of the show after s1/s2. It definitely became about secondary characters (s5/s6 anyone?!) and crazy-soapy storylines after a while. I'm a Peyton lover though so I didn't mind her getting her own storylines. But the show stopped focusing on the brothers and their relationship after s1 I'd say. That ended pretty early in the show.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:30 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah, that's pretty unfortunate.

I mean, I loved the Brucas and Naley relationships. But the rivalry between Lucas & Nathan died down pretty quickly and they no longer were the focus of the show. I did like Peyton in the first season, but after the second season I wasn't as crazy about her. Mark Schwann really messed this show up, it had so much potential in season 1 & 2. Season 3 was good. Season 4 was all right, and that was the last season I watched.

Then it could have just been the CW's demands of Mark and other show writers. They expected certain things on their network, and all the shows on it had to go that way. Just look at 7th Heaven, it was meant to be family-oriented and season ten was the perfect ending of it. But then it was brought back with an eleventh season, on the CW, and it was nothing like the ten seasons previous.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I remember reading/hearing that Brooke wasn't suppose to be a regular character.

Didn't particularly like the last season of 7th Heaven. Although I do kind of like the series finale or at least the opening of it. I didn't like how it kind of gave you the feeling that Eric was dying.

April
Old 02-23-2014, 10:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Was Kate Voegele on OTH?
Old 02-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah, I heard somewhere that CMM demanded Sophia be brought onto the show. He didn't want Lucas to be paired up with anyone but Sophia's character, who would come to be Brooke Davis.

My friend actually has a fanfic where the second to last episode of 7th Heaven (ever) was actually about Eric's death. She wrote a whole 250K long story, beginning from that point.

Kate Voegele was on OTH! I believe she played Alex, I could be wrong.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bec =) (View Post)
My friend actually has a fanfic where the second to last episode of 7th Heaven (ever) was actually about Eric's death. She wrote a whole 250K long story, beginning from that point.

Kate Voegele was on OTH! I believe she played Alex, I could be wrong.
250K? That's pretty impressive.

I've written stories before but I always end up with writer's block.

I have a couple of Kate's cds. Although it's been a while since I've heard one of her songs she has a pretty good voice.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

CMM and Sophia met while they were on the show. They began dating after the show started, not before. But anyways, we'll have to agree to disagree on s3 and s4. I didn't like s3 but I liked s4. Everyone just likes different things though!

Kate was pretty much herself on the show. She was a struggling music artist that Peyton and Haley sponsored. If I recall correctly that is. Haven't seen s5 for a while.

I hear you about writers block! I have so many ideas but my muse doesn't always work with me.

Last edited by rossfangirl86; 02-24-2014 at 08:33 PM
Old 02-24-2014, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

CMM and Sophia's divorce is one of the reasons why the writers decided to break them up. From what I heard both of them said that they could be professional, but the writers decided to respect their divorce. I did like them but deep down I was a Lucas and Peyton fan. s3 is when I started hardcore shipping them.

Also one of the reasons why I'm usually against actors dating off screen.

April
Old 02-25-2014, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
CMM and Sophia's divorce is one of the reasons why the writers decided to break them up. From what I heard both of them said that they could be professional, but the writers decided to respect their divorce. I did like them but deep down I was a Lucas and Peyton fan. s3 is when I started hardcore shipping them.

That is what I heard too. I didn't mind Lucas/Brooke either, but I was always a Lucas/Peyton fan too.

I loved Kate on the show though, she played the part of Mia really well.
I am an original”
Old 02-25-2014, 06:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
I know what you mean, considering I was a Damon/Elena shipper. Ian and Nina dated off screen for a while and then they broke up. What I can't judge is if the Damon/Elena relationship started going downhill before Ian/Nina broke up....if that makes any sense. Hopefully it does.

(I waited forever for Damon & Elena to be together...and they eventually did... but then it deteriorated. It was horrible. Just )
Old 02-25-2014, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I just picked up the first season of One Tree Hill earlier this week, and I'm gonna start watching it soon.
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 02-26-2014, 03:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

I didn't watch the seasons Kate was on OTH (Mia, thanks!), I stopped watching in season 5. I shipped both Leyton and Brucas, and accepted the endgame Leyton. I thought Brooke would have been better off by herself if not with Lucas. She married a guy named Julian, I believe. I thought she was better off by herself, show a woman be strong and independent for once. Brooke definitely showed those qualities.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread