Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sliding Doors (1998): There are two sides to every story.

Fans:
1. PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
2. Marki

I love this movie! James/Helen are utter love!

Last edited by Marki; 02-17-2013 at 01:32 PM
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

I don't think I've seen it
Old 02-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

im quite surprised there hasnt been any talk about this movie. Good movie. I remember anticipating its release as they used Aquas turn back time song on some of the adverts and i loved aqua.

I have been finding it very weird to see John Hannah in game of thrones (i don't watch it but ive seen some scenes from others watching) play that type of character as im so used to him being nice and charming in sliding doors. but i haven't seen him in much else.

Overall the concept of this movie is well thought out.

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Marki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

20 Timeless Romance Movies That Never Get Old
Sliding Doors (1998)
Love is all about those chance encounters that change everything. Sliding Doors is one such gripping tale of love with a forking storyline. Starring Gwyneth Paltrow as Helen, the movie begins with her getting fired from her job and trying to board a train but missing it by mere seconds. After which, her life splits into two parallel realities: one where she catches the train and comes home to find her cheating boyfriend with another woman, and one where she doesn’t catch the train, comes home but eventually grows suspicious and ends up living a depressing life. Both the timelines explore how infinitely complex the matters of the heart can be, showing just how ordinary decisions can cause massive ripples and alter destiny. With lyrical elegance, the movie ultimately tries to say that love finds a way, no matter how or in what form.
Here's the link, https://movieweb.com/timeless-romanc...ing-doors-1998
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 10:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

I always liked this movie
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

10 Underrated '90s Rom-Coms
The '90s had so many good rom-coms, that some didn't get their moment in the spotlight. Here are 10 underrated romantic films of that decade.
Sliding Doors (1998)
Sliding Doors is a rom-com for those who think about the “What-if” and the multiverses. This is the story of Helen (Gwyneth Paltrow) and two different lives unfolding for her: one where she got on the subway and found out her boyfriend was cheating on her, and one where the subway left without her, and she didn’t find out.

A Great Idea with a Fantastic Dual Performance by Gwyneth Paltrow
The film has become a forgotten romance movie worth checking out, and that’s a shame. The dual story of the what-if is great, used with some comedic effect, and in smart ways, showing both contrasting lives. Gwyneth Paltrow has a superb performance in her dual role, so much so that you’ll even believe she’s British. The movie has some beautiful ideas about destiny and finding the one for you that are still interesting today. Streaming on Peacock.
Here's a link, https://movieweb.com/underrated-1990...ing-doors-1998
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread