Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2021, 03:43 AM
Master Fan

Sisters

Back in the early 90’s, there was a great tv show called sisters. It was on every Saturday at 10pm on NBC.

Sisters focused on four very different sisters living in Winnetka, Illinois. Their recently deceased father, Thomas Reed, a doctor, had been absent and a workaholic, while their long-suffering mother, Beatrice, turned to alcoholism to cope with his neglect and affairs. Having always wanted sons, their father had called the girls by male versions of their full names: Alexandra was called Alex; Theodora, Teddy; Georgiana, Georgie; and Francesca, Frankie.

For the first two seasons, each episode began with the sisters' weekly ritual of chatting in a steam bath together,[1][2] but switched to a more traditional opening sequence beginning with the 1992–1993 season: glossy, black-and-white filmed scenes of the sisters engaging in various activities during both their childhood and adult years. Initially, the only soundtrack used for the opening was the sounds of the characters, but in the fall of 1993 a piano solo composed by John Debney was added as theme music.

Most episodes of the show featured a number of flashbacks, in which the characters would interact with or simply observe their younger selves (played by younger actresses).[2] Although the show was a drama with soap opera–style storylines,[2] the show was also quirky and offbeat in the style of other shows at the time like CBS's Northern Exposure.
Old 02-08-2021, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:59 PM
Master Fan

Your very welcome
Old 02-09-2021, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread