Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2009, 07:16 AM
Elite Fan

Moesha [1996-2001] #1

Moesha" is a sitcom (which, in later years, took more of a dramatic turn) that follows the life and times of a black teenager living in the Leimert Park section of Los Angeles, CA. For years since her mother died, Moesha Mitchell has taken care of her father Frank and younger brother Myles. So when a teacher at her school, Dee, marries Frank, Moesha feels her territory being encroached upon by a new step mother. As time went on, the two females of the house would learn to appreciate and cherish each other's presence. Moesha's boy-crazy best friends Kim and Niecy as well as her eternally hungry neighbor and pal Hakeem are there to support Mo throughout all of the drama she finds herself in--and there's always plenty. Andell, a local smoothie shop owner, is another close confidante of Moesha's

FANS
1) Lennie1984
2) Ruby_Slippers
3) PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
4) CrazyKimmie

Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones

Last edited by Lennie1984; 07-02-2009 at 01:06 PM
Lennie1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

Add me, pls!

I loved this show. Brandy was so cool.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Please add me.

I didn't really catch much of this at the time, but liked it once I discovered it in syndication.
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Add me, I like this show Brandy was great in it.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
MrღMrsStinsbatskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh my god oh my god I did not saw this one add me please! seriously my mom and my gran like thought I were nuts singing Brandy songs all the time and I so loved Moesha
looking at the stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

Add me please.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mo to tha, E to tha

I love this show. I love Brandy.

Add me!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can I be added? I this show
Old 08-14-2020, 11:57 AM
Moderator Support Team

My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The most fashionable '90s TV characters
Brandy inspired little girls across the country with her super-chic style as the titular teen on UPN's "Moesha," which aired from 1996 to 2001. Years later, Brandy admitted she put in great effort to support emerging Black designers by wearing their looks on the sitcom: "I always tried to support young, Black entrepreneurs," she said.
Here's the link, https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...aEH_QI#image=9
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tony winner and "Moesha" star Sheryl Lee Ralph won an Emmy last night for her work on "Abbott Elementary." Here's a link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRw8IFLS1Fs
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 10-02-2022, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

10 Great TV Comedies Everyone Forgot Existed
Moesha Balances The Laughs With The Drama
Moesha follows the titular character as she adjusts to her new family dynamic while balancing her friends, romance, and school. Moesha Mitchell (Brandy) was accustomed to being the matriarch after her mother died; she cared for her father and brother.

Once her father remarries, Moesha feels like she has lost her place and takes time to accept her stepmother. At times, Moesha is unbearable, and an awful friend, but her flaws are understandable and relatable to many fans who applaud the show's examination of many key issues.
Here's the link, https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...IAdv4KAIZDgpCs
Old 05-12-2023, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

26 Best ’90s TV Shows We Still Love Today
Moesha (1996–2001)
Singer Brandy Norwood was not the first Black teen to light up the small screen. But she put the life and times of a headstrong, outspoken and stylish female high school student of color at the center of a show. Moesha was set in a historically upper-middle-class Black neighborhood in Los Angeles and highlighted her and her classmates’ experiences with social issues like premarital sex, race relations, gender inequality and peer pressure.

Conscious authentic choices made by the creators—she wore braids, for example—and aspirational costumes (she wore Christian Louboutins a couple years before Carrie Bradshaw made the red soles famous) were part of the appeal. The show also hired trending musicians as guest stars. Moesha was rewarded with awards from the NAACP and the Parents Television Council. For more Black girl magic, try one of these books by Black authors.
Here's the link, https://www.rd.com/list/90s-tv-shows...yM-jyP9jx1hxXg
Old 12-23-2023, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Brandy Sends Her Former Moesha Stepmother Sheryl Lee Ralph a 'Very Merry Christmas' Gift
Ralph's son posted a festive unboxing Instagram Reel on Thursday featuring the R&B star's new holiday album, 'Christmas with Brandy'
Here's the link. https://people.com/brandy-sends-form...s-gift-8419737
Reply   Post New Thread