Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2021, 04:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

The Lion King #3: So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I.

The Lion King

Fans
1. mcdreamylover
2. Ruby Slippers
3. PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
4. LukaAbbyLover
5. lechin
6. CrazyKimmie
7. coconut16
8. retro physical
9. Ellie Cameron
10. dreamingoutloud
11. Jinkxy123
12. strawberrypie
13. Mrs.Lachey
14. blazing star
15. ~Unfaithful~
16. Motoko Ayoama
17. Adie 010
18. bellagrey13
19. ||michelle||
20. greeneyeswe3tie
21. LittleMissObsessive
22. theresadawn
23. Lazy
24. ellehcim_belle
25. - bad romance -
26. quicksand
27. emesoohci
28. KellynDylanForever
29. Natasja1982
30. lizzybug57
31. .dEpp.
32. V-Nessa
33. alwaysandforever21
34. padfootsprincess02
35. rossfangirl86
36. Jenny's Dimple
37. loganandroryforever
38. Leo_Lover
39. murphyboy11
40. baelfire24
41. atwoodsmariano

Release Date: June 24, 1994
Summery: Lion prince Simba and his father are targeted by his bitter uncle, who wants to ascend the throne himself.

voice cast:
Rowan Atkinson ... Zazu
Matthew Broderick ... Simba
Niketa Calame-Harris ... Young Nala
Jonathan Taylor Thomas ... Young Simba
Whoopi Goldberg ... Shenzi
Robert Guillaume ... Rafiki
Jeremy Irons ... Scar
James Earl Jones ... Mufasa
Moira Kelly ... Nala
Nathan Lane ... Timon
see full cast here

x

previous threads:
#1 / #2

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 08-12-2021 at 10:19 PM
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt Jen and adding in a nice colorful gifset

I also love the quote you chose for the thread title

bringing this over from the last thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Mufasa was a great father. Like I said, I can't get through Mufasa's death scene without being choked up or crying. Even after all this time it's impossible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
I have a friend who was a huge Lion King fan back in middle school and her dad sadly passed away last Summer

can't imagine what it would be like for her to re-watch this movie now
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
^ I regret to hear about your friend's loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
it was a loss for me as well because I really liked her dad
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 05:41 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Aww, the title *cries* Still my favorite animated Disney film! I don't think anything else will ever beat it for me lol.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 04-15-2021 at 05:58 PM
Butterfly85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

14 Times Actors Became A Really Big Deal After Playing An Iconic Villain
Jeremy Irons - Scar
The notoriously difficult-to-anagram British actor Jeremy Irons got his start in the legitimate theater, appearing in Shakespeare plays and on Broadway, where he won a Tony for his role in Tom Stoppard's The Real Thing. When he moved into film, he played prestigious roles in "serious" pictures, such as the mini-series of Brideshead Revisited, the dual leads in David Cronenberg's Dead Ringers, the title role in Steven Soderbergh's Kafka, and the lead in Reversal of Fortune, for which he won an Academy Award.

The string of prestige pictures might well have continued uninterrupted had Irons not voiced the nefarious Scar in Disney's The Lion King. After that, Irons was catapulted into the realm of playing villains in Hollywood blockbusters, appearing as the bad guy in Die Hard with a Vengeance the following year, not to mention Dungeons & Dragons, Eragon, The Time Machine, playing Alfred in Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman and Justice League, and appearing as Adrian Veidt in the Watchmen TV series on HBO.

"Are you kidding?" Irons, who bought and began restoring the ruined Kilcoe Castle in Ireland in 1997, replied when asked why he took a role in the notoriously bad Dungeons & Dragons movie. "I'd just bought a castle, I had to pay for it somehow."
Here's the link, https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...Hx7EE#image=15
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Thanks!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

re-watching this again tonight I really do think the whole voice cast really brought their A game when it came to their performances

Jeremy, JTT, Matthew, Moira, and the actor who played Rafiki are standouts for me especially

you can really tell that Jeremy had a lot of fun acting as a villain in the first half of the movie
Old 08-24-2022, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

All 10 Movies In The Disney Renaissance Era From 1989-1999, Ranked
1. The Lion King (1994)
A young lion prince has to take his mantle as king years after he abandoned his position as a child. Yep, that’s pretty much the movie in a nutshell.

I mean, come on now. What can beat The Lion King? The story is the best (it’s basically Hamlet), the animation is godly, and the music is unmatched. I STILL say Hakuna Matata to this day. This movie IS my childhood.
Here's the link, https://www.cinemablend.com/movies/a...V1XX8GSWvC-UXc
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 08-24-2022, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Definitely number one to me
Old 08-24-2022, 09:34 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

The Lion King will always be #1 for me! The Little Mermaid should be #2, I can kind of understand the others being above it except for Mulan. I love Mulan (and she's my favorite Disney Princess) but that's ridiculous lol. I love The Disney Renaissance, that will always be their best decade and top tier Disney.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I personally like Little Mermaid and Aladdin more than Beauty and the Beast

But I know for a lot of people Beauty and the Beast is their number two

Looking at that list I think Rescuers Down Under is underrated
Old 08-25-2022, 11:34 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I like Beauty and The Beast, but I agree I like The Little Mermaid and Aladdin more. I also agree The Rescuers Down Under is very underrated. It is SO much better than the first film.
Old 11-16-2022, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

15 Movie Villains Who Were Right All Along
The Hyenas — 'The Lion King' (1994)
It should go without saying that hyenas are carnivores. They need to eat meat to survive. It's not their fault that Simba (Jonathan Taylor Thomas) was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Besides the fact that Simba, being a lion, isn't exactly innocent himself. He may not have actually eaten meat on screen, but he's a carnivore too, and it's doubtful that he only ate salads throughout his childhood.

Granted, conspiring with Scar (Jeremy Irons), the usurper of the throne, isn't exactly a great look for them, but their motivation for doing so is because they want the right to hunt in the Pride Lands, which is lion territory. Basically, the lions, at the top of the food chain, are always getting the good prey, and the hyenas want some of it too. Who can blame them for that?
Here's the link, https://collider.com/movie-villains-...78r839sFP3EWMI
Old 04-03-2023, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

10 Heartbreaking Character Deaths in Kid's Movies We Still Can't Get Over
'The Lion King' (1994) — Mufasa
When talking about character deaths in children's cinema, the conversation is guaranteed to veer into the iconic '90s Disney classic The Lion King, and the way young Simba's father Mufasa is killed by his brother, Scar.

The whole film is absolutely phenomenal, with a brisk runtime of less than 100 minutes, memorable songs, endearing characters, and a perfect combination of laugh-out-loud comedy and compelling drama. One of the best scenes in the movie is the one that kicks off the plot: Scar's betrayal and Mufasa's death, and the heartbreaking reaction of Simba when he discovers his dad's lifeless body.
Here's the link, https://collider.com/heartbreaking-c...g5UnsAZ9ruL0OA
Old 04-03-2023, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mufasa still crying like a baby nearly 30 years after