Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

Pretty icons!

Felicity was such a good show. I need to break out my dvds soon! Nothing beats season one. <3
Old 07-30-2009, 03:14 AM
Total Fan

thanks!
Nothing beats season 1, and nothing beats Felicity's pilot episode

bbcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

-- Matt Czuchry
Ruby_Slippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Did anyone else like Julie and Ben together?
Old 07-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

I liked them in season 1.

-- Matt Czuchry
Old 08-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

not me!
come back to me..
Keith Urban
Mrs.Lachey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Meh, for me Felicity's fourth season did end with The Graduate. The Time Travel Episodes just felt like "filler episodes" and a way to please the lingering "what-if Felicity chose Noel" question, and from the sounds of it, they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenfan1 (View Post)
Did anyone else like Julie and Ben together?
I did, I was as big a Julie/Ben shipper as I was a Felicity/Ben Shipper; Those two really seemed to connect and understand each other as a couple and as friends, if only because of their similiar backgrounds and their uncanny ability to get one to talk about something they'd rather keep a tight lid on, emotionally speaking.

I honestly wish that the writers had the two separate in a cleaner fashion than they did near the end of season one. Like I said in the previous thread(s), if Felicity hadn't chosen Ben and went with Noel, Julie and Ben would've been the couple I would be rooting for wholeheartedly.

family bonds are never meant to be broken."
- The Farron Sisters
J.R. MacReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

I always thought Julie/Ben should have stayed best friends. They had a good friends vibe.

-- Matt Czuchry
Old 08-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I kind of hate Julie. SO SO much. When she got her claws into ben i was extra angry a her.
Glib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkin' with a ghost (View Post)
I kind of hate Julie. SO SO much. When she got her claws into ben i was extra angry a her.
How did "get her claws into Ben"? I mean, alot of the stuff that on between them as when Felicity was flirting/dating with Noel. Ben, under the illusion that Felicity was fine with being "just friends", was interested in Julie first, she went out with him on/off for awhile, they broke up in the first season when she caught him and Felicity about to kiss, they weren't on the best of terms for a some time, but managed to maintain a healthy friendship afterward. She helped him out with his problems with his father, by pretty much revealing what she didn't do for her father when she had the chance. Even when Ben decided to use her to get to Felicity, in the Time-Travel episodes, she still regarded him as friend enough to ask him to on the road trip with her, and let bygones be bygones and went on without him.
- The Farron Sisters

Last edited by J.R. MacReady; 08-04-2009 at 02:21 PM
Old 08-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, when Julie got so mad at Felicity tho, their friendship never recovered. So, as a character she didn't make as much sense on the show.

-- Matt Czuchry
Old 08-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers (View Post)
Yeah, when Julie got so mad at Felicity tho, their friendship never recovered. So, as a character she didn't make as much sense on the show.
When both parties got mad each other, over the silliest thing in the world (a boy, I.E., Ben), their friendship wasn't as strong as they percieved it be in the beginning, but they were still friends, just not the kind that they wanted to be. They weren't "best friends", like Felicity was with the other characters, because they both wanted something that niether of them could share, were quick to accuse each other on the subject, and were both too stubborn to really mean their apologies when all was said and done because they would get upset with each other all over again, over Ben. There is no BFF if something as silly as a shared crush on a boy can put you on shaky ground with one another for the here on out, but casual friends they remained.

The Old man from Season Two, Episode Four, "The Depths", makes the greatest Quote in Felicity history ever which sums it up pretty well:

Old man: "The way I see it… you two best friends were never best friends to begin with. --- Hmm. If I’m understandin’ right and I think I’m understandin’ right you two met when you were both seriously lonely and maybe a little desperate, when you both needed a best friend. You shared a few things together, started to refer to each other as “best” , but that was premature, wasn’t it? ‘cause what you had never really earned that little. I had a best friend for 63 years, played in the Minors together, went to war together, 63 years. And here’s the fact: you can’t get a best friend. Best friends become. They don’t happen in a meeting or a year or 2. It’s a package deal—friendship. Only as valuable as what you put in, come through. Judging something like that after one year, even if you got all the facts, that’s like looking for the final score before you’ve seen the second inning. I don’t think you two were best friends to begin with. Now one of 2 things is gonna happen. You’re either gonna come through this on your way to becoming the kind of friends you thought you were or you become memories, memories that will fade into nothin’."

As for Julie making sense on the show? She was on the main characters, and while her world did not revolve around Felicity's drama of the week, she had enough subplots/stories and relationships with other characters (mainly Ben) on the series to maintain her status and still be relevant until Amy Jo left to grieve the loss her mother.
- The Farron Sisters
Old 08-11-2009, 03:31 AM
Total Fan

Love that quote. It was a great episode for Fel&Julie

bbcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcountry (View Post)
Love that quote. It was a great episode for Fel&Julie
yes it was.
- The Farron Sisters
Old 08-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Add me please I love Felicity!
I tried to climb your steps, I tried to chase you down, I tried to see how low I could down to the ground, I tried to earn my way, I tried to change this mind, you better believe that I am trying to beat this•Now and again we try to just stay alive•Two weeks and you ran away.•
LostEvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread