Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2017, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that there are schools that still teach the kids cursive. I would explain to the kids that it is important for them to be read cursive and why. Many important historical documents are written in cursive.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland Fan Forever (View Post)
I think that there are schools that still teach the kids cursive. I would explain to the kids that it is important for them to be read cursive and why. Many important historical documents are written in cursive.
Yes!

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

Never thought of that argument before, I like it.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
Never thought of that argument before, I like it.
I would also explain that to the kids who don't have great penmanship that it's okay, just do your best and to make sure that they can read cursive.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 10-26-2017, 04:17 PM
Elite Fan

^ Good point.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
^ Good point.
I would just want any kid to feel good about themselves and not every kid is going to have great penmanship and I wouldn't want any child to feel bad if they don't have good penmanship. I think that if a child is told directly why they are learning something then it will mean more to them. "Doug" was a show that did a good job of showing normal fears that just about any kid has but that if they make good choices and are kind to others that things will work out well for them in the long run.
Old 02-16-2020, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

never watched this show but until recently I always thought it was originally a Disney show not Nick
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Nick cancelled it at some point and Disney bought the rights and continued it.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
I think Nick cancelled it at some point and Disney bought the rights and continued it.
Yes, ABC continued "Doug" for one season.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:12 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I couldn't get into Disney's version of Doug, I just remember it being weird and terrible compared to Nick's version. Then they made "Doug's First Movie" which was garbage. I wonder what a Nickelodeon Doug movie would of been like, their movies were always good.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved the original too

JoJoF92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What is this thread about?
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

this cute old cartoon called "Doug"

JoJoF92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I couldn't get into Disney's version of Doug, I just remember it being weird and terrible compared to Nick's version. Then they made "Doug's First Movie" which was garbage. I wonder what a Nickelodeon Doug movie would of been like, their movies were always good.
Nickelodeon definitely took their movies seriously back in the 90's.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:34 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, I loved The Rugrats Movies (which is funny cause they came out after I stopped watching the show. I'm glad in the second movie Chucky finally got a mother) The Hey Arnold movies (still grateful The Jungle Movie got made and we finally got closure about Arnold's parents after all these years) Good Burger, and Harriet the Spy. 90's Nick had quality shows and movies.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread