Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2018, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Watched the second episode. The acting was better.

April
Old 10-27-2018, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

It´s okay when you liked it a bit more now.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 10-27-2018, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Besides loving the original and no reboot could live up to it, honestly I don't understand all the outrage.

April
Old 10-28-2018, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well I`m just cautious with such things called reboot that´s all
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 10-28-2018, 02:44 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Even though I'll give anything a chance if I hear good things, I was just reminded of that AWFUL Powerpuff Girls reboot (I keep blocking it out) it just reminded me why I haven't gotten into any reboots lately. They want to reboot or remake EVERYTHING these days then they just screw it up badly.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with you on your last sentence that they wanna reboot everything and then ruin it.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed.

I've just seen a lot of hate comments online about it. Even before it aired.

April
Old 10-30-2018, 09:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

Shannen Doherty Defends Charmed Reboot: 'I Would Implore Everybody to Be a Little Bit Kinder' to CW Series
Old 10-30-2018, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting.

I think with reboots you have to treat it like books adapted to tv. You have to go in not expecting the same format or storylines, etc. Go in wiht it being a completely different and not the same expectations.

April
Old 10-31-2018, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
Agreed.

I've just seen a lot of hate comments online about it. Even before it aired.

No I meant Butterfly85´s last scentence that they often ruin an orginal show with a reboot.
Oh and I don`t know any of those actresses of that Charmed 2018 show btw.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

I need to watch episode 2/3, I've heard its much improved the pilot. And lets be honest, no pilot is perfect.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have episode 3 recording. Since CW reaired it tonight it wouldn't let me watch it On Demand.

April
Old 11-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's much improved over the pilot. But I still feel it pales in comparison to the original show. All because of the casting, and the chemistry among the leads. And I think they put it in the wrong age bracket. But that is me.

I didn't care for how Charmed changed once Prue died. But those first few years were great. I miss that. And I am not sure the reboot captures that yet.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 11-02-2018, 12:25 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

I agree, the best seasons were the ones with Prue. I felt the show dropped a lot in quality, and got childish and dumb after she died IMO. Paige also wasn't a good replacement to me and just didn't fit with the other two sisters. I stopped watching sometime in S5 after Phoebe became a mermaid RME. So, S1-3 (even though I hated the overrated Cole/Phoebe pairing) are where it's at for me.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah Prue was wonderful and I really wished she would have stayed on the show until the end.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread