Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2016, 01:59 AM
Elite Fan

Board Recustomisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 10-25-2016, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait to see the board when it's done!
Old 10-25-2016, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have no idea where to start. Honestly I love the colors on here so much.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:19 AM
Elite Fan

We can stick with these colours if you wish to keep them and just update the graphic .

Are there any items, characters, people, ect. which are important to the 90s which should be included in the graphic? Is there anything in the current graphic which you feel should be in the new graphic? Another thing you could look at is what are the most popular threads here? Their topic may be something you feel should be included in the graphic.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Jack/Rose should definitely remain in the graphic, imo. As well as the Rugrats and Power Rangers. Maybe we could add something from Friends since it was a huge part of the 90s? Maybe something from Buffy, Dawson's Creek, and BH90120 should be added as well since they're regularly updated threads. The Backstreet Boys thread is also popular. I know that's a lot of stuff.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was thinking about Friends. And Macaulay Culkin should stay in there too.

As for popular threads, there's different threads that are popular at different times.

I'm torn with keeping Will Smith in there or not.

As for the colors if they do change maybe similiar colors? I'm bad at picking color schemes.

April
Old 10-28-2016, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

^ Yeah that's the problem, I like all the things that are currently in the banner.

Not great with color schemes either, was there really a color theme in the 90s?
Old 10-28-2016, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

The colour scheme does not necessarily have to fit the nineties, it could just be colours you like. But if you are happy with these colours we can stick with them. They will be altered slightly and could be in different places as the customisation will be made to match the new graphic but it would not change too much.

You could also stick with what is in the current graphic if you wish too .

So far I believe you would like to have:
Jack/Rose (Titanic)
Rugrats
Power Rangers
Friends
Kevin McCallister (Home Alone)
Beanie Bear
TGIF Show or Logo (Shows: Sister Sister, Family Matters, or Fresh Prince)

And possibly have:
Buffy
Dawson's Creek
BH90120
Backstreet Boys
Will Smith

I have no idea if it means anything to you but some of your suggestions have boards here so you may not want them represented? Another thought is you could throw around some ideas and let the team take their pick from them and combine that with your must haves? In that case you would be surprised by the final result of which items were included in the graphic.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe Beanie Babies too? Or just one since people went crazy over them in the 90s.

the 90s really didn't have a color theme just really bright and bold colors which I don't think would look great on a board.

April
Old 10-29-2016, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

Beanie Babies . I am all for those being included.

No bright colours would not work too well. These colours you have now are nice.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

From the last post
Quote:
Another thought is you could throw around some ideas and let the team take their pick from them and combine that with your must haves? In that case you would be surprised by the final result of which items were included in the graphic.
I'm more of a surprise me person.

April
Old 10-30-2016, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the advice Rae, I didn't even think of those shows having boards. I like the idea of adding Beanie Babies into the banner. Is it possible to add the TGIF or Nick Toons logo into the banner? Or you could use this?

If you can't use that, I think we should definitely include at least one of the TGIF shows into the banner. Maybe we could replace Fresh Prince with something from Family Matters or Sister Sister?

I like the colors of the board as well but I wouldn't mind seeing something different. As long as it isn't too bright or too dark, I'll like it. I think anything you guys come up with will be great.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:32 AM
Elite Fan

That picture would not be usable as the heads are cut off but if you have pictures from the TGIF shows or want the logo I am sure we could incorporate it .

What sorts of other colours do you like? Just so we can take them into consideration as well as sticking with these ones.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wouldn't mind seeing light shades of colors of the rainbow.

April
Old 11-01-2016, 05:26 AM
Elite Fan

^ Maybe something like the colors in Urkle's suspenders? Particularly the two colors to the far right--that blue and a purpleish-pink color?

This is small but here's the same picture of Urkle that's in the banner:

Sister/Sister:

Picture

Nickoons Logo:

Picture
Reply   Post New Thread