Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2016, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

^I agree. I didn't mind Kelly in the first 2 seasons and I thought her relationship with Brandon was excellent for the most part and if I'm honest it is probably the most sought-out relationship on the show. It's weird for me because I think Luke and Jennie are the best actors on BH90210 but putting their characters together just doesn't work for me but will work for some who support DK. I love Jennie in WILAY.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

They all hit rough spots at one time or another, I think they all did unlikable things but that's normal on teen driven dramas.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

LOL so true
Old 03-27-2016, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

I think their drama is really interesting because I can't say I experienced most of those situations they did

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Old 03-27-2016, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

I think the same could be said for 95% of the population.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

haha so true indeed
Old 03-29-2016, 03:56 AM
Master Fan

its interesting the show is relateable in the way relationships might turn out etc but then the characters arent relatable to the life that alot of us lived.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

That's probably why it lasted as long as it did. People didn't relate to the situations the characters found themselves in, but they could relate to the characters emotions.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:01 AM
Master Fan

Now I think shows need to trap that formula so they run for longer like Beverly Hills did

Old 03-30-2016, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
Kelly was probably my least favorite character on the show, I just couldn't connect with her. And I saw later seasons more often earlier ones so that opinion has nothing to do with DK or BD. I would say it's Jennie, but I liked in "What I Like About You" so I'm not sure what it is. But what I've seen of her relationship with Brandon, I do like her interactions with him--he brought out something in her that I didn't see when she was alone. So that's something. Maybe I'd feel differently if I actually watched the show from start to finish. I've seen all of s1-s4 and sporadic episodes/story arcs after that.

PS: I love that we can all express our different opinions here and no one is getting upset, that's such an awesome thing to find in fandom.
Yeah Kelly was a character that not everybody loved. She was bitchy and she had a mom who drank alcohol and took drugs and then her dad left. Sad story actually.
But for me Jennie played her role so well. But I liked Valerie better than Kelly. Valerie was my favourite character she was so interesting and had so much depth.

Yeah Kelly and Brandon were pretty sweet together. Even me as a Kelly/Dylan shipper I was fine with it until Season 8.

PS: That´s why I love this forum: Because we can all discuss here like it should be
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-30-2016, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
Yeah Kelly was a character that not everybody loved. She was bitchy and she had a mom who drank alcohol and took drugs and then her dad left. Sad story actually.
But for me Jennie played her role so well. But I liked Valerie better than Kelly. Valerie was my favourite character she was so interesting and had so much depth.

Yeah Kelly and Brandon were pretty sweet together. Even me as a Kelly/Dylan shipper I was fine with it until Season 8.

PS: That´s why I love this forum: Because we can all discuss here like it should be
I think Jennie is a fantastic actress but I don't like Kelly at all. Val is brilliant though - love her!!!
I need to put things into perspective regarding BK, season 8 wasn't good for them but a lot of that was down to JP wanting to leave which is why the writers did the cheating storyline (which was a load of nonsense) to start it off and then anti-wedding (even more dumb) but for me that did not put me off at all - in fact I had much more sympathy and made me support them much more.
I agree the you, it is good having discussions on what we like or not - makes life very interesting.
It's funny because my wife loves DK and I don't like them but I love BD and she hates them so imagine the debate we have BUT her favorite couple is BK so it does smooth things out between us LOL
Old 03-30-2016, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

^ Talk about shipper wars that are close to home.

I think every ship on the show was flawed and had some really terrible moments/storylines. I think we're all equal in that.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with you there.
Every ship had his ups and downs.
But I was pretty angry with Jim Walsh when he forbade Brenda to see Dylan again. I mean even for the fact that he´s (Jim) her (Brenda´s) dad and that he is just worried about her that was just silly of him (Jim). He has no say to tell Brenda who she can date. I mean Brenda doesn`t pick bad guys. She´s smart. And I understood her anger towards her dad. At least Cindy wasn´t that strict.
Wow and I say that even if I don`t ship BD.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-31-2016, 03:46 AM
Master Fan

I feel like candy didn't have much of an opinion about anything

Old 03-31-2016, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

I think she liked to be neutral, can't blame here, Jim and Brenda were very stubborn.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread