Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2016, 04:46 PM
Master Fan

lol

BD became more mature in season 4 - they were much better together.
I liked most couples on the show except Dylan and Kelly (just can't get into them at all)
Old 03-21-2016, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

I don't like DK either, they just never seemed to fit together imo. I liked how BD grew as characters in s4, it was nice to see. I like most of the ships, like you. I'm generally a multi-shipper/appreciator but I usually have one ship I love more than others.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:18 AM
Master Fan

i dunno im not against DK i saw some good things in there but they still just werent interesting enough for me. i think ive only really have some major ships in shows and like for this show it was instantly D&D and no other couple made me feel the way they did even before they were hinted at being together.

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Old 03-22-2016, 03:34 AM
Elite Fan

I think it's safe to say that they were the main ship on the show since it went on for almost the entire series. So obviously you weren't the only one that was drawn to them. They had some really cute moments early on.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:03 PM
Master Fan

You can see who my main ships are on my signature but I'm forever BK and BD.
DK bored me to death
Old 03-22-2016, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

How did they even get back together toward the end of the series? They had so many problems during their relationship in s3/s4 and it seems like Kelly had a deeper relationship with Brandon than anyone else on the show...
Old 03-23-2016, 03:38 AM
Master Fan

ITA
I always thought Kelly had a deeper love for Brandon than Dylan. She loved Dylan and vice versa but their relationship was unhealthy and parts of it was very repetitive but some fans may view them differently to people like us. What I seen in that relationship wasn't good from start to finish - even a kid could not keep them together.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:38 AM
Master Fan

I understood it in
Season 3 it made sense they were young however i didn't quite understand it in the later seasons I felt like Dylan's feeling were more understood by someone like valerie.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Oh for sure, it made some sort of sense when they were still teenagers and they were guided by hormones. But they both seemed to outgrow that after a certain amount of time. I was surprised when I heard they ended up together when it seemed like that relationship was closed in s4 and they both moved on.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

That is largely because Shannen and Jason did not want to return which is why we had the DK ending - what else could they do? Ideally it would have been BD, BK and DD because that is what most fans wanted
Old 03-25-2016, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well I didn`t watch the show from the start. I was too young when it started.
Anyway: IMO the Dylan/Kelly end was fine for me. I was never a shipper of Brenda/Dylan because I didn`t like that scene when those two came out of the hotel after Dylan had that fight with his father and then he yelled at Brenda and everything just went too chaotic for me personally. When I watched that scene on DVD no I just couldn`t ship them at all. I mean it started pretty good but that scene in front of the hotel no thanks that was really not my cup of tea. Sorry.

And Donna/David well not really my favourite couple either. I mean I liked them in Season 2 and 3 but later when they got back together the heat was gone for me personally. I wanted David to be with Valerie. They were more sweet and adorable together IMO.

So I`m not most fans and I`m fine with that.

And that Shannen left well that happens. I wasn`t so sad about that even if I really like her. But Brendas last episode was so bad written...it was such a stupid goodbye.
And when Jason left yeah that was a little more sad because I liked Brandons friendship with Steve and it was sad that Brandon wasn`t at Steve´s and Janet´s wedding.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-25-2016, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

^ It's perfectly okay if you don't like the same ships as other people, that's what makes this show so fun. There are literally 50 ships to choose from. If not more.

Shannen's last episode wasn't meant as a goodbye, they didn't know if she was coming back or not. At least, that's how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:47 AM
Master Fan

i think thats right. it makes more sense with it being the way it was with that reasoning of not knowing if she was coming back.

i think its great that this show has really different meaning and fun for everyone and they fact that there are so many ships is really good. alot of shows on tv now are all like one main character and then one girlfriend who is the main ship.

Old 03-26-2016, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
Well I didn`t watch the show from the start. I was too young when it started.
Anyway: IMO the Dylan/Kelly end was fine for me. I was never a shipper of Brenda/Dylan because I didn`t like that scene when those two came out of the hotel after Dylan had that fight with his father and then he yelled at Brenda and everything just went too chaotic for me personally. When I watched that scene on DVD no I just couldn`t ship them at all. I mean it started pretty good but that scene in front of the hotel no thanks that was really not my cup of tea. Sorry.
If you are referring to the scene in Isn't It Romantic, I wouldn't say that was a strong reason to dislike a couple but if it bothered you then fair enough. Personally, Dylan was frustrated with his father and got angry outside of the hotel. He needed comfort but he didn't mean to take it out on Brenda. Thankfully they comforted each other. So I don't think there was anything wrong in that scene tbh but some people may view things differently.
Same applies with DK, you may say that certain scenes with them is great but I may view it very differently.
Many BD fans do hate Kelly and vice vera and this is true. I don't like Kelly BUT I've always admired her relationship with Brandon.
Again, Donna and Kelly are my worst 2 characters on the show BUT I view their friendship as the best one and the most genuine along with Steve/Brandon's friendship
This makes life very interesting to see fans views on each couple and it's all good
Old 03-26-2016, 06:59 AM
Elite Fan

Kelly was probably my least favorite character on the show, I just couldn't connect with her. And I saw later seasons more often earlier ones so that opinion has nothing to do with DK or BD. I would say it's Jennie, but I liked in "What I Like About You" so I'm not sure what it is. But what I've seen of her relationship with Brandon, I do like her interactions with him--he brought out something in her that I didn't see when she was alone. So that's something. Maybe I'd feel differently if I actually watched the show from start to finish. I've seen all of s1-s4 and sporadic episodes/story arcs after that.

PS: I love that we can all express our different opinions here and no one is getting upset, that's such an awesome thing to find in fandom.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread