Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2016, 03:18 AM
Master Fan

Yes it is I love David and Donna together. I guess I measure it this way I lobe David's character maybe because when i first started watching in season 1 he seemed to try hard to fit in and he was quite funny and interesting to watch . Then I liked Donna because in season 2 she was the only one to give him to time of day. So when they got together I was just so happy that all the Dylan Brenda drama was just not as interesting for me. Now Davids my favourite though because I've liked him with pretty much any of his pairings.... But I don't like dominated with all her pairings.

My second favourite is Brandon

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Marki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 03:29 AM
Absolute Fan

^ I agree in what you said about David. He wanted to fit in and I liked the way he grew up from this skinny boy into a man over the years. Funny enough, I didn't mind David and Donna - in fact I ended up having to support them in seasons 9 and 10 because all the ones I shipped were broken off and I didn't like any couples existed in the final 2 seasons except DD but I'm not a huge shipper of them though. I am pleased that they got married at the end - the only highlight of the final episode.
I did not like Donna with any guy apart from David - I thought they were right for each other.
Brandon was always my favorite - love his flavor-of-the-week girls but I liked him with most of his relationships (Kelly, Emily, Lucinda, Susan, Nikki) but it was a shame they didn't pair him with Andrea though
BH90210 couples that I ship: Brenda/Dylan, Brandon/Kelly, Steve/Clare, Dylan/Valerie, Lucinda/Brandon, Colin/Kelly, Colin/Valerie, Brandon/Emily, Dylan/Toni and Brandon/Susan - huge fan of Brandon/Andrea as well
Huge Fan of 60s,70s,80s,90s, 2000s R+B, HipHop and Motown music

Last edited by TopManKing; 01-12-2016 at 03:35 AM
TopManKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

I agree it is dissapointing the Brandon Andrea pairing didn't really happen. Season 1 they were the first couple I shipped and I know that s1 was hinting at them being together which I liked but by season 2 tgey didn't really continue it. There were always moments between them after s1 that I would be like maybe its possible for them to be together but not enough.

I don't really know much about why the writers didn't put them together. I think Steve Andrea was interesting Idea that would of been funny to see for a longer period than one episode

Old 01-12-2016, 11:09 AM
Absolute Fan

Brandon-Andrea was my first ship as well. I was really annoyed that they didn't pair them at all after wasting 3 seasons thinking whether it will happen or not.
Initially I was annoyed that they paired Brandon with Kelly probably because as a Brandon-Andrea fan at the time, I thought Brandon-Kelly was a bad idea and didn't ship them when I watched them first time round. Ironically, over the years, BK became my equal favorite couple along with Brenda/Dylan but I always wonder "what if?" regarding Andrea-Brandon.
If they knew that Brandon-Andrea wasn't going to happen, then pair Brandon with Kelly in early season 3 - that makes more sense to me knowing that Kelly had a crush on him since their first meeting instead of having the ridiculous Bermuda triangle that is Brenda/Dylan/Kelly. I thought Brandon was seriously wasted in season 3 and he was supposed to be the main lead.
Now Steve-Andrea would have been a great pairing - I think the writers messed up not pairing either Brandon-Andrea or Steve-Andrea
BH90210 couples that I ship: Brenda/Dylan, Brandon/Kelly, Steve/Clare, Dylan/Valerie, Lucinda/Brandon, Colin/Kelly, Colin/Valerie, Brandon/Emily, Dylan/Toni and Brandon/Susan - huge fan of Brandon/Andrea as well

Last edited by TopManKing; 01-12-2016 at 11:28 AM
Old 01-12-2016, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Hilarie Burton

David was cute in the early seasons. He had his moments later on though but that's true with all the characters. Brenda and Brandon are probably my favorite characters, I just love the Walsh family I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopManKing (View Post)
Steve and Val start hooking up from beginning of season 5 but it was short-lived.
I saw early s5 but I don't remember Steve/Val. Guess they didn't grab my interest.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:00 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
David was cute in the early seasons. He had his moments later on though but that's true with all the characters. Brenda and Brandon are probably my favorite characters, I just love the Walsh family I guess.

I saw early s5 but I don't remember Steve/Val. Guess they didn't grab my interest.
They kind of went out together - Steve was serious about her but she was playing him.
To me, Brenda and Brandon are the main reason why this show was big, Love the Walshes
Old 01-13-2016, 02:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Initially I was annoyed that they paired Brandon with Kelly probably because as a Brandon-Andrea fan at the time, I thought Brandon-Kelly was a bad idea and didn't ship them when I watched them first time round. Ironically, over the years, BK became my equal favorite couple along with Brenda/Dylan but I always wonder "what if?" regarding Andrea-Brandon.
i felt the same about brandon and kelly in season 1 i didnt like it i gues because i wanted andrea to be in that place but when they got together later on in the show they were awesome and i was all for it.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marki (View Post)
i felt the same about brandon and kelly in season 1 i didnt like it i gues because i wanted andrea to be in that place but when they got together later on in the show they were awesome and i was all for it.
At first, I didn't like Kelly and Brandon in season 1 because, like you, I wanted Andrea and Brandon together but actually now I think BK moments in season 1 were very cute. Yes BK in later years were amazing. So I have now established your No.1 ship Donna/David and you like Brandon/Andrea and Brandon/Kelly.
Do you like Brenda/Dylan and Dylan/Kelly?
Old 01-13-2016, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Hilarie Burton

I don't think BK meshed well in s1 but it worked when it did happen on the show. They were both different people when they got together.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:11 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
I don't think BK meshed well in s1 but it worked when it did happen on the show. They were both different people when they got together.
Yes they were - did a lot of growing up, you mean? or because they were an "opposites attract" couple?

Last edited by TopManKing; 01-14-2016 at 02:33 AM
Old 01-14-2016, 03:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
At first, I didn't like Kelly and Brandon in season 1 because, like you, I wanted Andrea and Brandon together but actually now I think BK moments in season 1 were very cute. Yes BK in later years were amazing. So I have now established your No.1 ship Donna/David and you like Brandon/Andrea and Brandon/Kelly.
Do you like Brenda/Dylan and Dylan/Kelly?
I'm pretty much on the fence with them. I don't mind Brenda and Dylan and Kelly and Dylan I mean I wasn't really in love with any of Dylan's relationships except Toni. But in saying that I prefer kelly with Brandon over Dylan

Old 01-14-2016, 04:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marki (View Post)
I'm pretty much on the fence with them. I don't mind Brenda and Dylan and Kelly and Dylan I mean I wasn't really in love with any of Dylan's relationships except Toni. But in saying that I prefer kelly with Brandon over Dylan
I'll say Brenda-Dylan and Brandon-Kelly are my equal favorite couples. Never liked Dylan-Kelly together. I did like Dylan with Toni though.

BTW What is your fav Donna/David moment?
I know I don't really ship them but I thought they were OK, my fav moment is when Donna lost her virginity to David at the end of season 7 but their wedding comes a close second
Old 01-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I actually would have been happy with Steve/Kelly endgame if Brandon wasn't available. Lucinda and Brandon were fantastic together, it was sneaky and funny. For me, Brandon and Kelly belonged together. I wasn't keen on Steve with either Carly or Janet but I didn't mind him with Celeste though.
How about Steve with Elle?
Steve with Elle? eh.
Dan and Blair
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
Steve with Elle? eh.
Well if he wants something unique and different, Elle's your (wo)man
Old 01-14-2016, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Hilarie Burton

Quote:
Yes they were - did a lot of growing up, you mean? or because they were an "opposites attract" couple?
They both grew up.
Reply   Post New Thread