Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

I actually don't know that song or the band.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oops! I assumed that you're familiar with the song. Sorry for that.
cottonmouth13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Yay, great selections everyone!

An amazing old-school song by an awesome group. Anybody else remember hearing this? They played it on Full House a couple times, hehe.
~carnival-heights~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonmouth13 (View Post)
Oops! I assumed that you're familiar with the song. Sorry for that.
That's fine! The song is catchy.

I wasn't a big Boyz II Men fan. The only song I really know from them is "End of the Road". It was my 5th grade graduation song and my high school graduation song (which I wasn't too happy with and I know a lot in my class weren't.)

April
Old 06-25-2011, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

It looks like I have some catching up to do! Thanks for sharing all these great songs.

MMMBop love(d) this song. So super catchy! They played it the other day during a 90s party I went to, and everyone went crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Vruck
Me and my friends like to take midnight trips to the beach in the summer and I remember one night we were putting in 90s cds to keep us awake. And my bff put this song on and we were cruising down the road at like 4am singing this song at the tops of our lungs.
I can totally see this happening! It sounds like a scene from a movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonmouth13
I can remember as well when that song came out and how my cousin, who's 5 years older than me, used to sing it with the wrong lyrics
Are you sure I'm not your cousin? I always had a totally hard time singing the right lyrics too.

I'll Be There For You I don't know this song either, though it looks super 90s! I thought it was going to be the theme song from Friends for a minute.

Motown Philly That video! Just awesome!
Sabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Vruck (View Post)
I wasn't a big Boyz II Men fan. The only song I really know from them is "End of the Road". It was my 5th grade graduation song and my high school graduation song (which I wasn't too happy with and I know a lot in my class weren't.)
I wasn't ever really, either. They were a bit before my time, as I grew up on the bubblegum pop of the late 90's. I only started listening to some of their stuff a few years ago, but I loved their song with Mariah Carey, "One Sweet Day".

Quote:
I'll Be There For You I don't know this song either, though it looks super 90s! I thought it was going to be the theme song from Friends for a minute.
I thought the same thing.

This thread is a good reminder to me to update the 90's playlist on my iPod.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:09 AM
Master Fan

A 90s songs playlist on your iPod? That's such a good idea. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hello guys! Can i join in the fun?

This is my contribution and it's definitely 90s.

I was 11 when i first saw this on mtv and according to my dad sailors love this song because it "gets their groove on."

Just looking at the video brings back memories and it reminds me how time flies by so fast.
margauxnextdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

^ OMG OMG OMG, that's such a brilliant 90s song! I had absolutely no idea what it was going to be based on the title. But when I pressed played I was like: Of course!

Thanks for sharing margauxnextdoor and welcome! You can most definitely join in on the fun. I'll add you to the list. What's your name?
Old 06-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oh my, I'm a huge Boyz II Men fan! Their one of the best R&B boy group/band of all time. On Bended Knee, I'll Make Love To You, End Of The Road, Water Runs Dry, 4 Seasons Of Loneliness, Brokenhearted, The Color Of Love and A Song for Mama are their best songs. Although I'm not familiar with Motown Philly at all. It's actually my first time of hearing it. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Are you sure I'm not your cousin? I always had a totally hard time singing the right lyrics too. :lo:
Maybe you are..? Kidding! If I don't know the lyrics of a certain song, I just hum it.

Quote:
I was 11 when i first saw this on mtv and according to my dad sailors love this song because it "gets their groove on."

Just looking at the video brings back memories and it reminds me how time flies by so fast.
I love Tubthumping! I used to dance to this track too when I was young. Me and my siblings. I believe this is one of the songs in the Dance Dance Revolution game back in the day.

Oh yes. How I wish we could all turn back the time. In the 90s of course.

How about this one? Is someone familiar with this song?

Another track that I used to dance when I was young. Oh boy...90s boyband is the best.
cottonmouth13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great songs, everyone... Keep 'em coming.

I re-played and re-played this song over and over again... My mother was a big fan of Celine. Titanic.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Blind Melon - no rain.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

That song still makes me my eyes out.

April
Old 06-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Hee, yes "Tubthumping"! That was one of those one-hit wonders, but what a way to do it! "I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down!" Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonmouth13 (View Post)
Oh my, I'm a huge Boyz II Men fan! Their one of the best R&B boy group/band of all time. On Bended Knee, I'll Make Love To You, End Of The Road, Water Runs Dry, 4 Seasons Of Loneliness, Brokenhearted, The Color Of Love and A Song for Mama are their best songs. Although I'm not familiar with Motown Philly at all. It's actually my first time of hearing it. Thanks for sharing!
Aw, no problem! I'm glad you enjoy their music. I also saw in the news they're getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame next year (or this one?).

This song is still one of my favorites from the 90's. Natalie is so pretty in the video, even if she's just wearing a hoodie, tank top and cargo pants.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

I still hear Torn on the radio a lot. One of my favorite songs!

Tubthumping! Love that song!

April
Reply   Post New Thread