Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2013, 03:14 AM
Master Fan

welcome to the 90s board i think the 90s really did have great cartoons so many that i still remember today. what was your favorite cartoon?

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Old 10-22-2013, 11:50 PM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

I have many, the few I can name atm are Ahhh! Real Monsters, Hey Arnold, Rockos Modern Life, Rugrats etc

I liked quite a few 90s anime as well.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome to the board Cynergy!
Old 10-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Updated the ABC thread.

April
Old 11-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome!
I am an original”
Old 11-21-2013, 09:01 AM
New Fan

September 8, 1998

Hi there! My name's Sean! I'm 22 years old, and I've got autism. Since I like the nostalgia of both the 1980's and 1990's, and since I'm a die hard St. Louis Cardinals fan, what memories do you have from September 8, 1998 when Mark McGwire broke Roger Maris' 37 year home run record when he hit his 61st and 62nd home runs off Chicago Cubs pitchers Mike Morgan and Steve Trachsel, even though Mark admitted years later that he used steroids?

Thanks!
Sean
Old 11-22-2013, 03:22 AM
Master Fan

Welcome sean. i havent seen much of american baseball so i can't help you there.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:46 AM
New Fan

Attention Children of the 90's: I Need Your Help With A Book I'm Writing

Hi, everybody. First off, I'm new here, so hello. I joined this forum (among other reasons) because I'm writing a novel influenced by my passion for the nineties and I need some first-hand accounts to help inform my writing.

So attention all those whose heart still lies in the 90’s. Whether you were a wallflower, freak, rocker or dreamer, I need your help in preserving the awesomeness of this decade.

I am a young writer (22 years old to be exact) embarking on a series of novels taking place in the nineties. They are Young Adult novels and follow the lives of four friends as they traverse the struggles of adolescence during the 1990’s.

Here’s a quick blurb:

“Take a trip to Soundheim, Pennsylvania, circa 1993. Grunge is on the rise, The Gulf War is over, flannel shirts are all the rage and the world is about to change, but Brian Toddler couldn’t be more depressed. His parents have recently divorced and he is about to turn fifteen—he stands on the threshold of change, but is completely consumed by a sweltering rage. As he enters high school he embarks on a quest for identity that takes him through failed love affairs, fantasy games and a fateful decision that could have life-altering consequences.

Meanwhile, his friends face their own internal challenges: C.J. Denner, a fantasy-obsessed aspiring filmmaker, must reconcile his own illusions with the harsh reality surrounding him; Raymond Harris, a trailer-park kid, is abused by his stepfather as he experiments with a world of sexual deviancy and Spencer Elsworth grapples with his religious beliefs while seeking freedom from the tyrannical rule of his oppressive father.

And once the enigmatic Becky Strausberg enters the picture, the boys’ lives are changed forever. Sharp and insightful, she instantly attracts the attention of C.J. They embark on a whirlwind relationship fraught with passion and tragedy. She teaches the boys the importance of life, but houses a dark secret that forces them to confront their darkest fear: growing up…”

So what I need before I begin writing is research on the culture of the nineties. I’ve read a bunch of books, but I’d like some first-hand accounts. More specifically, I’d like to talk with people who were either in high school, college or their young adult years during the nineties to hear their side of the stories. I suppose that would put you in the age range of thirties/forties.

I’d like to hear from all different kinds of people. So if you fall into these categories please email or private message me. I would like to hear all about you. Introduce yourself, your name, age, what you do, where you grew up, etc. I’m hoping this can be an ongoing correspondence where you can share stories and details and I can ask you questions. My email is taylorbush@comcast.net

In terms of the nineties, I want to know pretty much everything (to help me feel as if I were really there). I wanna know your favorite shows, games, movies, extra-curricular activities. What were some of your favorite restaurants to go to? Music to listen to? What did you and your friends like to do? Hobbies? Sports? Food?

I’d like to know about fads. What did you like to wear? What did others like to wear? What did most people look like (in your eyes)?

And about culture. What were some big events you remember? What affected you?

And most importantly I want to know who YOU were back then. I want you to feel open to share ANYTHING with me, no matter how personal. I want to know all kinds of stories about you and your friends—parties you went to, pranks you pulled, struggles you had to deal with, etc. Seriously, don’t hold back. Sex stories. Drug trips. Crimes committed. Give it to me (I’m not a cop and I’ll preserve all anonymity). Whether it was sex, drugs, or rock-n-roll, I want to hear it ALL!

Some specific things I’d to hear about (although certainly not limited to): mental illnesses (how were you treated, how did you feel, why did you feel, how you coped, etc.), concerts (what were they like, who were your favs, etc.), film (this is a biggie—did you go to film school? What kind of equipment did you use?, How did you make your films?, how did cameras work then?, what kinds?, etc.), abortion (how did you go about getting one? How much did they cost back then?), wrestling, divorce and religion. Maybe these seem odd, but they play important parts in the novel, so I’d like to know more.

Also, the book takes place in Soundheim, Pennsylvania, which is an analog for my hometown Pottstown, Pennsylvania. So if you happened to grow up in Pottstown, even better—give me all the details on what it was like! But if not, and you just grew up in any other sort of Pennsylvania town, that’s fine too. Or any other town in America works too!

Don’t feel like if you don’t fall into any of these specifications you can’t contact me—they’re just certain things I’m particularly interested in. But there’s a ton more I’m sure you can enlighten me about!!!

Again, I’d like this to be personal, as well as an ongoing correspondence. If you like to reminisce and share, please email/pm me and spill your guts. I’d love to hear everything you have to say.

Excited to here from you!

Taylor

Last edited by ttb1112; 11-22-2013 at 09:54 AM
Old 12-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Updated the Jurassic Park thread.

April
Old 12-18-2013, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

http://www.fanforum.com/f324/lounge-.../#post73341036

I'll update that later. I took my contacts out and didn't put my glasses on and can't really see clearly.

April
Old 12-19-2013, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

i've updated it now

Old 12-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks!

April
Old 01-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

i've updated the fresh prince of bel air thread.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Updated What 90s show/movie/music you saw today thread

April
Old 01-20-2014, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the 90s!!!! So happy FF got a board for the best decade

Hi everyone

Name: Tania
Birthday: 19th of August
Favorite show from the 90s: ugh so many, but between 90210, X-files, My So called Life, Seinfield and Melrose Place I'd say 90210
Favourite Movie from the 90s: Stargate or The Usual suspects, but again so many good movies
Favourite Music Artist/Band from the 90s: Nirvana
Why do you like the 90s: It felt real, nowadays everything is so fake : fashion, people,...
Anything else: nope