Old 04-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Vanessa Abrams Episode Discussion 4x18: The Kids Stay In The Picture

4x18: "The Kids Stay In The Picture"

(banner by izzyjane)
airs: April 18, 2011 @ 9 p.m. Eastern

EPISODE DESCRIPTION: As Lily (Kelly Rutherford) awaits the consequences of her decision, William van der Woodsen (guest star Billy Baldwin), CeCe (guest star Caroline Lagerfelt) and Lily's sister, Carol (guest star Sheila Kelley), come into town to support her and be part of a Taschen photo shoot on "modern royalty" in which the Rhodes family is participating. Unbeknownst to Carol, who has always chosen to keep her daughter Charlie (guest star Kaylee DeFer) far away from the Upper East Side, Charlie has followed her to New York to meet Serena (Blake Lively) and the rest of the family. Blair (Leighton Meester) has an epiphany about her future, and grapples with the knowledge of whom she's destined to be with.Penn Badgley, Chace Crawford, Ed Westwick, Jessica Szohr and Matthew Settle also star. J. Miller Tobin directed the episode written by Jessica Queller.

PROMO

RULES:

1. All spoilers must stay in the Vanessa S&S thread until the episode airs at 9 p.m. Eastern.
2. This is a discussion thread. Everyone has their own opinion. Respect each other. Play nice. Not everyone is going to agree with everything.
3. Enjoy the episode and Have Fun!
Old 04-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Supreme Fan

I am just beaming with excitement.

I guess we can look forward to pretty V.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Gossip Girl 4x18

This was a great episode for Blair. Finally, GREAT development on her character. About damn time, writers!

I was never worried about the kiss. I knew that the whole ā€œlife changingā€ thing meant about Chuck. It was great that it was confirmed.

Reading the episode description, I was pretty sure I was going to hate the vdW/R storyline, but in fact, I enjoyed it a lot. And I actually canā€™t find anything bad to say about Rufus. Who knew.

At least I got some vdB. Serena and Chuck on the phone. LOVE THEM! ā€œGive Lily my love.ā€ GAH! He loves his mommy! S knows he loves their mommy! *swoon* ā™„ā™„ā™„

I love that Lilyā€™s mugshot was on TMZ. LMAO! WTG, show!

Eh, okay. Whatever. I have officially given up on Eric. I shall just continue to write him in my own way. I did love him laughing at Dan and telling him that heā€™s ā€œass backwards crushing on Blair Waldorf.ā€ I actually didnā€™t doubt that Dan would fall for B. I just knew B would never return the feelings.

Really glad Eperly was back. And B was working. Keep it up! Eperly is one of my favorite guest stars now.

So, Lilyā€™s not pleased with Carol showing up? And the portrait was canceled.

Okay, letā€™s get this out quickly instead of in order. SCar laugh, have fun, are angry, make up. I was confused, mostly because I kept thinking about 2x24. But Iā€™m glad the family is better now.

Charlie! I actually donā€™t hate her like I thought I would. Sheā€™s interesting. But what was Carol hinting at? Thereā€™s something wrong with the girl. Iā€™m interested.

VANESSA! And Vanessa/Blair. HELL YES! I GOT MY SCENE! FILLED WITH SNARK! THANK YOU! ā€œAnd, no, Iā€™m not leaving.ā€ YOU TELL ā€˜EM, V! ā™„

Chuck realizes itā€™s Dan like within a second of stepping into the loft. I loved it. Dan was weird.

Anyone else get a 1x10 CN flashback when Nate asked Chuck to find out who B was seeing? I canā€™t figure out if that was ā€œcleverā€ or annoying.

Ericā€™s completely skived over BD. At least my babyā€™s still got a little bit of sanity left in him.

Dorota knows it was Dan, too. And HERE WE GO! ā€œI wished it was Chuck.ā€ My heart stopped beating for a second in pure happiness. I KNEW IT! ā™„ Iā€™m just so ecstatic. But then B was all, heā€™s matured and no more games and oops..yeah, not gonna work FOR NOW. *giggles*

Chuck, Blair, Dan. Blair says the kiss was nothing. Dan, you can tell, was NOT expecting that. LOVE IT! B tells them it was about Chuck. And then she says not anymore.

Chuck and Blair scene. He wanted B in the photo with him. Sheā€™s his family. Blair, which is the best scene of the ENTIRE episode, or like, the ENTIRE SEASON. Iā€™m ready. Youā€™re not. GAH! MY GIRL HAS FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT! ā™„ I love that sheā€™s at this place where sheā€™s ready, even without being successful yet. But she knows that Chuck is nowhere near ready. Itā€™s emotionally mentally handicapped. I think that Chuck NEEDED to hear that.

Vanessa overhears Blair and Dan talking. B says his princess is waiting...

Vanessa is so sad. I wanted to cry for her.

I love that S & Charlie were gonna hang and B comes over..not a clue who the girl is and is all..girls night. STAT!

As sheā€™s leaving, she sees Chuck taking his photo..theyā€™ve both so sad! *sniffles*

BS in bed together! WOOT! Charlieā€™s on the floor. Then she explores the house. So amazed!

Lily and Carolā€™s make up. ā€œI will smuggle you pot brownies.ā€ WIN! (Yeah, I skipped vdW/R. I may have enjoyed it, but not much to say. You should know me by now.)

Vanessa calls S and leaves a message about BD. *here comes the hate*

Charlieā€™s going to stay in Sā€™s old room. Carol was all sketchy about her. Dan and Charlie meet. WTF was with Carolā€™s look at that?

Nate and Raina had three scenes. Which was COMPLETELY useless. Raina may look for her mother. So that should HOPEFULLY negate Russelā€™s bull**** lie to Chuck. Otherwise, POINTLESS! Poor Natie.

Enter Louis. With the shoe. Looking for Cinderella.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

I'm turn about this epi,I really believe this show needs a game changer and what better than go the DB rute,but I don't like where this left V

Blair remained me so much of 2.20 Blair while talking about her epiphanyyeah,she had the same epiphany with Nate back then,she is obviously in denial about Dan the writers are very obvious.

To me the problem is Dan because he has had the same realization way to many times after kissing someonethat I don't know if it's gonna stick this time.

I like Chuck but he is so entitled,worse than Serena and his schemes are way to basic,he supposed to be the master,I just can understand why any woman would like to be with him or be in love with him,Nate and dan are not huge prizes but they are way better options for anyone than this version of Chuck.

The VdW storyline was way to predictable,Serenas will dig her own hole as always ,charlie is just a mix of Georgina and Juliet

Nate and Raina are boring and unexplainable,Chuck seemed hurt and jealous over Raina,i wonder if there is more story there to be told.

And......

I HATE WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITH VĀ”

I don't even get why she called S

Last edited by SolveMyMystery; 04-18-2011 at 11:04 PM
Old 04-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Dan left her for Serena. So in turn, she thinks S has a right to know about BD. Besides, she can't do anything else, but the UES can.

I didn't find any lingering feelings with CR. I just saw him shocked that the girl was still around. With someone like Nate.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
Dan left her for Serena. So in turn, she thinks S has a right to know about BD. Besides, she can't do anything else, but the UES can.

I didn't find any lingering feelings with CR. I just saw him shocked that the girl was still around. With someone like Nate.
Idk,what was the point,she just seems so resentful and I hate it,this is not the V I love,the one who understood that Dan wasn't in love with her and took it stoically and move on,with out holding grudges,whit out hating the other woman .I understand that she has the right to be angry but to me she should have know by now that vendettas aren't the way to go.

About CR,Ed made that face he always does when C is jealous.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:21 AM
Elite Fan

forgot this was on. sigh. ill have to download this eventually for caps though.. so .. meh.

can someone tell me V's sl this ep?
Old 04-19-2011, 03:15 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
can someone tell me V's sl this ep?
What storyline?

They have her eavesdropping again... listening in on DB's convo. She finds out that they kissed, looks hurt. Calls Serena's cell and leaves her a message about the kiss. *SIGH* Writers are still effing clueless as to what to do with her character. It's sad and pathetic at this point. All I kept thinking is Vanessa dear... Dan's a douche, who cheated on you and made it clear that he doesn't give an eff about you or their years of friendship. Don't get why she is still pining over him.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:21 AM
New Fan

Such a great episode for Vanessa. She was on for about 1 min and 10 sec. That's a whole lot of time. And what a wonderful storyline she's got.

At this point I wonder why is she in the show at all?
Old 04-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

On quickly at work.

Onyeka...we got a BV scene! An AMAZING, AWESOME, ABOUT DAMN TIME scene!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

This says everything.

Quote:
10. Gossip Girl Word Count

In a shocking upset, Nate Archibald beat Vanessa Abrams for the title of GGWC champion. His word total? 60. Also, it seems he took over tray-carrying duties from Rufus.

Nate, Nate, Nate. You know we love you like Humphreys love waffles and plaid. You do know that, right? Seriously, it pains us to admit that when you come on-screen these days, we literally say, "Wait, what's he up to again?" Basically, he's up to nothing besides listening to Raina talk about her long-lost-to-her-but-dead-according-to-Russell mother while drinking orange juice. Anyone else notice how much O.J. Nate was downing in this episode? Good to know he won't be getting sick anytime soon.
Hey, at least his hair looks pretty. Who needs storylines when you have the best hair on the show?

Vanessa... look at your life, look at your choices and look in the mirror before you leave the house. That's all.

This is from an interview with Joshua Safran:

Quote:
PW: Vanessa has been a character who has sort of faded in and out this season while polarizing fans in the process -- like with the bold move of calling Serena -- have you struggled to find things for her to do?
Joshua: I think Vanessa has always served a very specific purpose for us ā€“ sheā€™s Brooklyn, sheā€™s an outsider, sheā€™s been tempted occasionally, but unlike Dan or Jenny, sheā€™s stayed on the outside more often than not. But as you can see, this season sheā€™s gone a little bit further outside because her ways of trying to get people to admit who they are donā€™t work. I think her actions come from a place of wanting to protect the people she loves
I'm sorry but the writing didn't show that at all,I feel like one scene was missing or something because the call felt like a spiteful act on her part,I don't know maybe if she would have talk to Serena or know that DB were purposely misleading her or maybe she thinks Blair is toying with Dan but that wasn't show.

I hate that the writers need to give this interviews to tell us what the characters are really thinking or feeling,they have to show that on the episodesĀ”

Last edited by SolveMyMystery; 04-19-2011 at 09:30 AM
Old 04-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A BV scene? I'm not watching GG anymore but I would love to see this scene..damn.

I'll never understand why they are writing her so badly. LOL. Poor Jessica.
{ max&liz #700
Kinda weird about that star, huh? Kinda sad...
It just doesnā€™t seem that something burning so bright could justā€¦burn out.
#ROSWELLBACK
Old 04-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Onyeka...we got a BV scene! An AMAZING, AWESOME, ABOUT DAMN TIME scene!
Yes we did.... too bad it only lasted two seconds.

If that's what JS is trying to convey with the Vanessa character, then I don't know maybe I'm missing something because that's not what I'm getting out of it at all.

Can they just please put Nate and Vanessa back together... our bbs our floundering.

Quote:
I hate that the writers need to give this interviews to tell us what the characters are really thinking or feeling,they have to show that on the episodesĀ”
IA Karla!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Desert (View Post)
A BV scene? I'm not watching GG anymore but I would love to see this scene..damn.
I can try to put it on youtube later tonight.

Ugh..the thing about V? I WISH that's what was going on. But we see NONE of that. What a joke.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixxB (View Post)
Yes we did.... too bad it only lasted two seconds.

If that's what JS is trying to convey with the Vanessa character, then I don't know maybe I'm missing something because that's not what I'm getting out of it at all.

Can they just please put Nate and Vanessa back together... our bbs our floundering.

they don't need to be a couple but if they really don't have the screentime to give them both something good separately,put them together in a storyline and you get more screentime for both,a man and a women can spent more than five minutes together without hooking up or any romantic undertones.