Old 09-19-2010, 02:27 AM
Elite Fan

Vanessa Abrams Episode Discussion 4x02: "Double Identity"

4x02: "Double Identity"

(banner by izzyjane)
airs: September 20, 2010 @ 9 p.m. Eastern

STILLS:

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:

GOSSIP GIRL GOES PARIS! - Living out a real-life fairytale in Paris, Blair (Leighton Meester) is pursued by a handsome young man, Louis (guest star Hugo Becker), who she suspects is a member of Monaco's royal family. A very concerned Lily (Kelly Rutherford) asks Serena (Blake Lively) to help her find Chuck (Ed Westwick), who hasn't been heard from or seen in months. Meanwhile, Chuck Bass is as we've never seen him before, adjusting to a fresh start in Paris with a mysterious new woman, Eva (guest star Clémence Poésy), at his side. Juliet (guest star Katie Cassidy) offers to help Nate (Chace Crawford) win Serena (Blake Lively) back, suggesting that reigniting Dan (Penn Badgley) and Vanessa's (Jessica Szohr) romance may just be the trick to remove Dan from the Dan-Serena-Nate love triangle. Matthew Settle also stars. Mark Piznarski directed the episode written by executive producers Joshua Safran and Stephanie Savage

PROMO

RULES:

1. All spoilers must stay in the Vanessa S&S thread until the episode airs at 9 p.m. Eastern.
2. This is a discussion thread. Everyone has their own opinion. Respect each other. Play nice. Not everyone is going to agree with everything.
3. Enjoy the episode and Have Fun!
Old 09-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Well...we know Juliet ships DV, now.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

end justifying the means
Old 09-19-2010, 01:37 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

You notice how so many of the guest stars ship DV? Georgie, Olivia, Juliet... (Aaron would, to keep Dan away from S.)
Old 09-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm so excited for the ep to air tonight!!
Old 09-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

...really?
Old 09-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Supreme Fan

Yes.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

LOL ok. i just dont hear that much anymore so it was weird... i have CW livestream.. if im inspired ill tune in.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Supreme Fan

Nah I was just kidding...

I have a late shift today, so I won't be able to see it live. Back then I would've been sad about that...
Old 09-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

oh god good. i thought the earth had shifted or something
Old 09-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Supreme Fan

the earth is in place for now...
Old 09-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

only actual memorable part of the ep:

"We don't need tickets... I'm Chuck Bass. "
Old 09-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

This show does bad things to my heart. I’m hating someone for half of it, and good things happy. If you can’t tell… DV ♥ *puts gun back into safe* You’ve lucked out again, Humphrey.

Serena and Lily are on the phone. Serena looks SO SAD to hear about Chuck. FINALLY. I am so happy. My vdB lives on. Thank you, m’dear. And Lily says they need a FAMILY MEMBER to id the body. SO HIS STEPSISTER GOES! ♥ *is so happy*

Nate and Juliet are walking along. I like his explanation of NS ending. “It didn’t end, it just stopped.” SO TRUE! SO VERY TRUE!

So the question throughout the episode is, do any of them really want each other?

ED WESTWICK! *happy sigh* WHY YOU LOOK SO HOT?!?!?!

Henry’s got a job? (And it’s at a bar/restaurant? Weird.)

Dan/Nate/Juliet at the Loft. DN gets on my nerves, but I guess it worked out at the end so I can breath for a week. Except I hate the talk at the counter when Juliet went to care for Milo. Nate asks if Dan’s heard from S and says GG said she’s going to Columbia. And Dan’s all..I haven’t heard, but you didn’t either. Haha! *deep breath* *breaths so more*

VANESSA IS HOME! Milo is out. OMG. I just DIED. No, seriously, DV+Milo ON THE COUCH! I JUST DIED. I can stop watching this show and be HAPPY. Vanessa was being Mommy! HARDCORE! *swoon*

Juliet’s ready to start her plan in motion, but Nate’s all, “Not by using Vanessa.” NV had SCENES. THEY ARE SEEN AS FRIENDS! Rejoice to friendship! I wasn’t sure I’d get NV or VJu at all. SCORE FOR VANESSA! THANK YOU, there is a god.

Serena and Blair. I love the dialogue. ILY Nate? ILY Dan? No, “I love you, Mom.” Nice delivery, ladies! Kudos.

S tries explaining Chuck’s craziness to Blair. (Wait, it’s Blair. Oh, Serena, why you try?) And in comes Blair with another name. “Bassets.” Woot! How does she do it?!?

Also, I approve of Blair’s decision to stay away from him. GOOD GIRL!

CHUCK IS SPEAKING FRENCH! Can CB have a scene only speaking French? EL are so good!

Fleur (what in heavens is her name?) is confused by Henry’s sudden want to leave Paris.

Rufus is still not giving up. I know, but listen, I’ve never hated when he PARENT’S, okay? Just his romance with Lily. So Rufus, go crazy all you want. As long as it has to do with Dan and the baby and not LR, I can’t complain. (What? I know, it’s me. I will always complain about him and them. I have other things to worry about, sorry!)

Lily is off to convert Jenny’s room in the loft into a nursery. Toodles!

Vanessa/Nate/Juliet. Juliet tells V that D told N (OMG, it’s telephone. No wonder the message is wrong!) that D loves V. Vanessa, bless her heart, asks Nate for confirmation and swoons. I would complain about this love for Dan if it wasn’t Vanessa, because only she could love that *******. ♥

Serena’s sadness over Chuck just melts my heart. Either they’re finally writing Serena caring for her brother, or Blake’s really selling me. (I’ll go with the writing because they’d screwed her up with Chuck *coughFUNERALcough*. It’s them.)

Vanessa and Dan. I was warned about PANTS. Oh, Vanessa. I truthfully wouldn’t have noticed if I wasn’t warned. But it’s so her. On that topic. WTF is Serena wearing?! I really don’t like it.

So, Vanessa has made dinner and wine and Dan wakes up, but it goes over so much better than role playing. Even though DV are playing house, but it’s real. It works. She gave Milo a bottle and mommy and daddy (they’re both not really Milo’s so hush) can have their fun. ♥

Oh, Penn. I SAW LOOK RETURN. ♥

Dan says he really missed Vanessa. He’s all, but I haven’t apologized. At least you acknowledge that you haven’t. And he hasn’t explained either. And, Vanessa, bless her soul, tells him to shut up. WHY YOU SO GOOD TO HIM, m’dear?

SC talk. BS are at Eleanor and Cyrus’s house in Paris. (NOT ENOUGH Cyrus. Where you at, little man?) Chuck says there’s no more Chuck Bass.

DV are on the couch. Vanessa says she’s happy that Nate told her. What? You know, that you still love her, silly. Excuse you, huh? And Dan’s a total dick! I don’t get it. He’s so happy and missed her and everything, and the moment Vanessa says Nate told her he loves her, Dan’s all … Archibald wants S for himself. Screw my best friend! (Even though I just did that a second ago.) I HATE YOU. *deep breath* *more breaths*

Milo cries and Vanessa says “I’ll go.” I love Vanessa and Milo SO MUCH.

Blair looks beautiful and is bossy. ♥ She’s getting her fairy tale. This time, with a real prince. Not Nate the Great or Lord Marcus. BUT A REAL PRINCE. (Granted, it’s Monaco, but still.)

Serena gets a folder of the Bass property deeds.

Blair’s in a red dress. GORGEOUS! WHY SO PRETTY, Leight? She leaves her phone behind because it’s her fairy tale and S is like a wicked stepsister trying to cockblock. (Though, to whom…both of them..EVERYONE.)

Serena’s at the apartment. ALL GONE. Oh knoes!

Blair’s at Harry Winston. Orgasming over jewelry. AND RING! And she follows that suck. I WANT THAT ONE! And, oh, irony. I don’t know if I should laugh or roll my eyes. I’m just gonna go with, Chuck Bass knows Blair Waldorf’s taste in jewelry and leave it at that.

So, S and the detective are at Harry Winston because of the ring and the detective explains the deal. Blair’s going crazy, you can tell she’s all … HE WAS GONNA DO WHAT?!?! But she’s calm.

DN are whispering because Vanessa’s with Milo. Dan’s angry and Nate goes, “was it a lie?” AND DAN IS A DOUCHEBAG and doesn’t answer it. **** YOU. They talk about the text.

Vanessa comes out and the boys explain the text. OMG, Humphrey. The way he talks about it..like he didn’t just have sex with Vanessa a few scenes ago. I HATE YOU!

“How stupid could I be to think Serena was behind you.” I LOVE YOU, VANESSA ABRAMS!

B/S. S says Chuck signed everything to Lily. Sidenote, WHY IS LILY IN CHARGE OF ALL OF THIS? Why do the Bass men keep giving her Bass Industries? *scratches head* And, on top of that, I though Chuck cashed in his Bass shares, so he wasn’t involved with BI. Did I not get something? (That said… LC ♥)

Serena says Blair’s the only one who can bring him back. Doesn’t mean you have to be with him, just don’t let Chuck Bass die.

Lily and Milo. I don’t even remember scene..just cuteness. Oh, yes, Rufus giving in Milo.

DN are on the balcony. They both don’t really know if they want her. It annoyed me that Nate said “I’m sorry.” Yeah, sorry I told your bestie you’re in love with her. *waits* *more waiting* Nope, Dan doesn’t say sorry for kissing your girlfriend. At least SNCB showed remorse.

But…. Here we go. Dan says being with Vanessa now is good..but maybe it’s for the best their done? Man needs to make up his ****ing mind already! I don’t know how in the world that woman puts up with your ass.

BLAIR AND CHUCK. LEIGHTON AND ED. I’d like to see someone tell me these two are the best actors on this show..the damn network… after this scene. I dare you.

Blair would want to know if Chuck’s been shot. Haha, I thought’d you’d do it. I have. In my dreams. Playful. Then she gives the ring back. It’s all so intense. It’s definitely not fully over, but I love where we’re at right now. Just let it be a smooth journey for them and don’t rush it.

“I don’t love you anymore.” And Leighton and Ed both got tears. Such a beautiful scene and wonderful dialogue. Oh, GG, why do you drive me crazy?

Serena’s back in NYC and BS are on the phone. I’m hating Serena right now (or the writers…see, drives me crazy). Dan’s got good shoulders to cry on, Nate’s got good shoulders. Shallow bitch. I hate you.

Nate and Juliet talk. He likes her.

DV talk … another walk. It’s their thing. He’s just humiliating her more. But then Dan says he heard S was back in town, but he didn’t care. He only could think about Vanessa. *sighs* It’s a mix of good, happy sigh and, Oh, Dan. You drive me crazy, sigh. *sighs*

Blair/Prince. He really likes her. She tells him she has to return to UES. Gives him her shoe like Cinderella. So cute. Limping and takes off her shoes. Wow, never thought I’d see the day. SO CUTE.

LR/Milo. R/Milo are cute. This kid makes me love everyone holding him. Dammit. (Well, it’s Georgie’s baby, and that crazy bitch does no wrong for me, so makes sense.)

Serena goes to the Loft. I nearly had a panic attack until Serena said she was looking for her mother. Thank god. I would have giving up on the show on the spot. (Not true, but whatever.)

S is looking for the boys. Dan comes in, and then V, they hold hands. Nate comes in with Juliet and grabs her hands.

Me? :rotflmao: I LOVE IT SO MUCH! YES YES YES! So much win.

Serena meets Milo. It’s Dan. And I LOVE the way she slowly turns to look at Vanessa. Look, there’s a kinda VS scene, too. LOOK, VANESSA INTERACTED WITH EVERYONE IN NYC?!?! I love Vanessa’s quip. You saw me four months ago. If you though I was pregnant then, I’ll be insulted (something like that). AWESOME.

Dan says he’ll explain as Milo cries and Vanessa gets a bottle.

DVM are together.

BS text. BEST.THING.EVER.

“They chose first.” ♥ YES THEY DID. TAKE THAT! ♥

Later, Rufus finds Milo’s hospital bracelet. He’s O- blood type. But Dan’s AB+. I don’t know how that works, truthfully. I hate science. But, SHUT UP, Rufus. Leave DVM alone. I will kill you.

Juliet. She’s taking down pictures. Who in the hell is she talking to? Only Serena’s mugshot is left. WTF is this?

Chuck’s in a suit! I miss it. Actually, wait. I like his outfit earlier. *sighs* Also, WHERE IS BOWTIE! And if you return home, you will take scarf back, right? (It’s under Nate’s pillow after he dry-cleaned it. Eww..girl cooties)

Also, promo? PENNY! I LOVE YOU MOSTEST! BESTEST MEAN GIRL EVER. *will not think about BS fighting AGAIN* PENELOPE! I MISS YOU. Do you go to Columbia, because I hope you never leave me.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

the ep mostly annoyed me.. that is.. anyhing involving the square. i couldnt even enjoy DV.

too much GG... they kinda look ridiculous relying on a gossip blog at this point.

CB scene was okay... but i think.. severely overhyped..or maybe it's cos i don't care. Whatevs.

Not enough V, as usual.

the baby is cute, and i cant wait to get an icon V + baby.

Dan's a flake. im done with him. another thing im done with? DN's friendship. Stretching the line of believability right now.

Chuck needs to wear less suits... but i feel like he was being a bit of a drama queen through the whole thing.

Blair was actually quite nice to watch.. when she wasn't pininig over Chuck i like seeing her happy. ive had enough angst from her for a lifetime.

Baby's not Dan's. Shocking.

I like Juliet, minus the crazy. She can stay.

I CRINGED at the whole DV drama.. why they continue to do this to this girl i dont even know.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

This is why I stay spoiler-free. It helps me. Plus, I'm insane and I can't help myself.

I've told you before, I'm happier than most people when it comes to new eps.

Also, PANTS. You are so right.