Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Disorder (View Post)
they seemed to be doin well first half of the season, but the second half they seemed to succumb to something else, crowd pleasing? ppl who complained about V getting so much airtime/development?

i know as along as jess is on the show ill have some level of interest.. but... i dont know.
I honestly don't think anything happened to DV that wasn't 100% planned for. Penn always gets most of his screentime the first half and that's when DV were developed. The second half, Ed got most of the screentime and DV's time got cut back. The only ones that get to be front burner all the time are Blake and Leighton (and the quality of the material they get varies drastically).

I also don't buy for a second that any story was changed or added the second half of the season. Every single major story in the second half was foreshadowed in the first. (The CJ foreshadowing is downright disturbing. The writers were plannng that shyt! ACK!!!)

Call me nuts but I have faith the writers didn't just waste an entire season building up NS and DV for nothing. I know some DS fans (who I really like by the way, I just happen to disagree strongly with them) that expect NS and DV to be dropped like hot potatoes and DS to be picked up as THE major stable couple on the show now that CB have broken up (and are likely to be circling one another for the foreseeable future IMO). I just don't see it happening.
So I have a more positive view about DV's future than you do. But I don't think the onliners have half as much power as other people do. Sure CB is super popular (even after all the crap that's been thrown at them) but I think what matters even MORE is that the writers love them. I think the same can be said (shockingly) about DV. Tbh I think DV got more build and great writing than NS did. The fact that DV got alot of problems doesn't necessarily mean they're doomed either. Just look at CB. Talk about problems !! The test of whether the writers love a couple isn't whether they give them problems or not. It's whether they PAY ATTENTION to them. They paid attention to DS in S1. They've paid attention to CB consistently. They paid attention to DV in S3. They DIDN'T pay attention to NV. THAT is a couple the writers couldn't give two shats about IMO. Same for NB.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I'm getting off work but I'll add more later.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Josh did say he liked DV. And your pov is always refreshing, Angela.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

Angela's right i admit i see-saw on the whole DV issue. Somedays im optimistic, then within an hr it's like... uh screw it all. like i mentioned on the DV thread...rewatching all those eps made me have a rethink on the DV issue. DV got like 10 times the buildup NV did... and even that lasted a while... i originally said when i read the finale recap that all the DS stuff felt like a consolation, and while it may be more than that... i dont think we're going back to DS anytime soon. SS said they're part of the larger story... question now is... what's the larger story? lovesquare? are they going to pull an NB 3.0 where they throw them back together for one last hurrah before locking the door? DS may have had a lot of milestones... but the more time that passes, the lesser their time together looks.

V... im not sure what their plan is here. It's upsetting that instead of fnding wways to integrate her more into the cast they do things to alienate, like wrting her off completely so her boyfriend could mingle. it's unfair.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Supreme Fan

Your post made me more optimistic Angela. They did take their time with the DV story... I just hate the way they ended it. Oh well, I just hope that the writers have a plan for season 4 and that V can somehow be a part of that plan. That's really my main concern... I just don't want her to get left out again.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Disorder (View Post)
V... im not sure what their plan is here. It's upsetting that instead of fnding wways to integrate her more into the cast they do things to alienate, like wrting her off completely so her boyfriend could mingle. it's unfair.
This is like my biggest UGH about everything. They purposefully have done all they could to include the Humphreys into the world, but continuously keep Vanessa away... logic someone..please..anyone? GIMME MY BV!
Old 06-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Supreme Fan

Don't see why it's so hard to integrate her with the UESiders. She's Nate ex, has called Chuck for help (and slept with him ), Serena is an acquaintance, and Blair is her frenemy... uh yeah no excuses writers.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

agan i say, they went off another tangent after the hiatus. pre 3.12 i thought she was doing fine. i was actually impressed. but i guess she had filled her quota of interaction for the season
Old 06-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Supreme Fan

All we can do now is wait and see. Hopefully, they will continue the good they started earlier in the season...
Old 06-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Just noticed – in all of the GG episodes, Vanessa is the only character to never have her name in an episode title (ohh, also noticed neither has Lily or Eric)
Old 06-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Supreme Fan

Yeah I think you're right.

Well, Enough About Eve referred to V... does that count? lol
Old 06-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

YES! (BV episode!!!!!!!!!)

Maybe it shoulda been ENOUGH ABOUT V! lol It rhymes.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:43 AM
Elite Fan

they were too much of cowards to put Vanesa's name in the title
Old 06-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Rufus didn't have an episode title too, right? And I guess 3.06 would count for Vanessa!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Nate's had names about his family, but never actually his name, either.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shilpa (View Post)
Rufus didn't have an episode title too, right?
"They Shoot Humphreys, Don't They?" can count as a Rufus title.