Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-30-2017, 03:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

Hello! Karla and I have been discussing this, and we think that it may be time to close this board. Our post counts have been declining over the past few months and we have very few regular posters. As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 15 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. We have been so very fortunate that during the holidays and slow-goings of Fan Forum, that Post Counts have been suspended. I'm not sure where we would be without those saving-grace months. We would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

Please let us know what you think. We'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as we love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

This board opened June 2009, 8.5 years ago, while Gossip Girl was on air. And as most of you know, Vanessa was never a "fan favorite." Since GG ended, we've been so fortunate for her social media presence. That's what has been keeping us going.

Jess has had movies and shows throughout the years since. Complication. Twin Peaks. Shameless. Great for her, but not much new activity for the board. It seems like most of her talk and fan gushings are via social media. Which is great for her, but not ideal for running a board for her.

There are plenty of places around Fan Forum that we can still talk about Jess. In the Celebrities board. Her movies in the Movies board. Television shows in the TV board.

We all love Jessica Szohr here, but we need more. We survive with all the amazing posters who help in the games threads. But we need more people to talk about Jess and any of her roles.

Again, we'd love to know all your thoughts. Change my mind. Or confirm it. It's not easy. But we want to do what's best for everyone.

Thanks.
Jackie & Karla
Old 12-30-2017, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Good luck! I totally understand the struggle & support the decision.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 12-31-2017, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

Good luck with this..I understand and whatever you decide we will support you
Old 12-31-2017, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jessica is a beautiful actress and great person. I have too many other responsibilities to commit to posting here, but best of luck to both of you. I know you both love her a great deal and have done a great job keeping it up and running!
Old 01-04-2018, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Hi everyone. This board just went without a post for 48 Hours so there's obviously no interest in keeping it open so I'll close it this Sunday. Thanks.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-04-2018, 10:08 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Sad to hear, but it's what I expected.

Thanks for all the fun times throughout the years!