Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 02:47 AM
Elite Fan

Gossip Girl General Discussion#1:Because we keep an eye on the UES while she is away

Gossip Girl General Discussion

rules;
01. All spoilers must stay in the Vanessa S&S thread.
02. No bashing of other posters or actors. If this is seen, the thread will close. Leave real people out of it.
03. This is a discussion thread. Everyone has their own opinion. Not everyone is going to agree. Respect each other. Play nice.
04. While this is a discussion thread, feel free to rant. It's understandable. As long as the rest of the rules are followed.
05. Have fun and let it out! Respectfully.

Last edited by Artemis; 02-12-2011 at 12:22 PM
Old 02-12-2011, 02:58 AM
Elite Fan

I hope you like my insomnia made banner

We need more rules?

What are your thoughts of the latest epis?

Discuss away...
Old 02-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Thanks for the thread, Karla. I edited the rules a smidge.

BEWARE THE RANTING:

Ugh...I've been spending a lot of time in the discussion threads at Leighton and the rant thread there and I just hate what they're doing to Blair. I love that she's got a career storyline atm, but I hate that some of it is still comedic. She's better than that. I hate that it's leading to DB. I hate that CR is pushing BD. (I hate when people say we need a male/female to NOT hook up - meaning DV - but people jump on board for DB. Like, FOR REAL?!)

I hate that people/writers think DB is special with their constant talk about movies. I'm sorry, but who is the FILMMAKER?!?! WHO has Dan been talking about that has forced him to see so many movies? VANESSA. I think DB is a waste because it's like DV. I think the girls are similiar. I love them both and I think they are very similiar, but from opposite sides. (I think CB and DV parallel each other so much. They're the same. Exactly. Except different social classes.)

I hate that they wasted Damien. He could be a great character and needs to stay. They effed over Carter. And now Damien is gone? BOO! Ben DID come up to Damien and threaten him. THAT WAS NOT A LIE! I would have loved for this plot to be drawn out and them eventually getting rid of Ben. I would have loved for ED to become friends. (I actually ship them, but whatever.) It was such a WASTE!

Okay, that's it for now.

I know this isn't exactly a rant thread, but, at the moment, it's something I need to get off my chest. Reply or just go off yourself. Just remember the rules.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

i haven't been watching so my comments won't be well informed but I've read a couple of reviews here and there, and I heard Damien's exit was kinda lame.. sounds like his stay was kinda pointless.

and i so agree about the DB.DV thing. Whenever people mention the similarities im like.. oh okay, we're totally ignoring the fact that Vanessa had the same interests. cool.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Damien was the catelyst for Ben to realize he really does ~love Serena.

I'm so glad someone else sees the DV/DB parallel!
Old 02-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

I can't believe they made Ben fall for Serena. ZERO CHARACTER GROWTH.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

honestly think DB is nothing blairs best friend is off with pyscho ben and dans is in vermont thats all they are going to amount to imo is friends.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I hope so. It would make me deal with this so much better. But I'm so paranoid and I don't trust the writers, so I can't enjoy BD like I used to.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

I think DB will be nothing this season but I feel like they will be a real option next season

Actually I think that in paper both CR and DB are good ideas but the execution doesn't compel me.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I don't see CR at all. Actually as a couple. Working in business. Yeah.

Ugh, I want next season to be the END. Which means they need to fix CB. Because, whether you ship it or not, we know that CB is the only guarenteed endgame couple.

I'm still not sure how this show can not end with them married. But, I don't know how they can do that "realistically" since they've ****ed up everything about CB.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just am so sick of seeing Chuck Hurt Blair and not notice shes alive basically when he has other girls under his arm.

I just wish Serena would STOP with the men

Nate would get a STORY

Blair would MOVE ON MOVE ON.

Dan would get a good story of his own.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Master Fan

I watched about 15 mins of GG the other night as I had no internet and I was bored. Wow it's bad, Blair is such an insufferable tw*t, Serena must have magic lady parts, and there is no point to the boys. I had to turn it off. I can't believe I use to be obsessed with this show. What the writers did to this show is awful.

On a positive note, that is a pretty banner Karla.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I just am so sick of seeing Chuck Hurt Blair and not notice shes alive basically when he has other girls under his arm.
This is why I can ship anyone in this show anymore,B,V and J are pathetic,their love for CDN make them pathetic,they need to move on,specially because neither of the guys are worthy and Serena is pathetic too, just in a completely different way,the girl needs to close her legs and don't crave the love of every man around.

That's also why I think DB and CR are good in paper,Blair needs a new man,one that doesn't make her feel less but is not Dan,he is obsessed with S and hates all what she(B) represents and Chuck needs a woman like Raina,one who doesn't need him and take all his crap or let him sell her,but Ed and Tika are physically awkward.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolveMyMystery (View Post)
This is how I can ship anyone in this show anymore,B,V and J are pathetic,their love for CDN make them pathetic,they need to move on,specially because neither of the guys are worthy and Serena is pathetic too, just in a completely different way,the girl need to close her legs.

That's also why I think DB and CR are good in paper,Blair needs a new man,one that doesn't make her feel less but is not Dan,he is obsessed with S and hates all what she(B) represents and Chuck needs a woman like Raina,one who doesn't need him and take all his crap or let him sell her,but Ed and Tika are physically awkward.
THIS! WORD. These girls are strong girls but when it comes to men they just fall apart and become desperate. It makes me furious. And yes on Ed/Tika. He has more chemistry with her father than her.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

I don't think any of the females are strong, imo. They are so poorly written. Weak when it comes to men, immature, selfish. Again all jmo.