Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I guess my thing is, it's the control/insecurities/eating disorder. I read the books first and it was a huge part of her character. And I hate that they brushed it off on the show. But to ME, it's still a part of her. Of course not everyone needs to dance around her. But in MY mind, I think Chuck knows about the bulimia, and we know Serena does too. So him telling Serena she needs to KNOW and UNDERSTAND Blair and fix it makes sense. TO ME.

But I completely agree. This fight needs to end. They started it in a ridicules manner. EVERYONE is confused. It makes no sense.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So him telling Serena she needs to KNOW and UNDERSTAND Blair and fix it makes sense
She DID try to fix it. The way she ALWAYS does. Which is why I found his speech annoying. And there's something to be said when you can't even tell your own girlfriend she's doing something wrong. The fact that he went to Serena instead and was relying on HER to fix it, is another example of how Serena is the more emtionally mature one. That does Blair no favours IMO and honestly I'm glad Serena didn't go pleading with her again. Enough.

I hate this fight because what it's done is what the sls of the past couple of eps have done, and that is make Blair look immature.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
That right there. That is why I'm always TeamBlair.

Because you're right. Blair is NOT in charge. She is NOT in control.

And THAT is her problem.

That's why she had an eating disorder years ago. Control.
And I love that Blair is flawed in this way. But does that give her the right to undermine and hurt others because she hurts? Especially those who are supposed to be her friends? Listen, everyone wants control in life. Everyone wants to be top dog. But it simply isn't possible that we can all be there. What makes Blair so special that she gets to undermine her loved ones and cause them pain because she is not? Why does she get an excuse? Why does Blair get cuddled when she does something out of pocket but Serena gets chastised? We all have our demons, no? Does Serena not have her own demons? Does she not have her own issues? Don't get me wrong, I love Blair to pieces. I really do. But I have to call it like I see it. JMHO.

Quote:
I guess my thing is, WHO would tell Blair. And she's an irrational person. She wouldn't listen and she's lash out. Which is why Chuck went to Serena. Because Serena would understand and think about what he said..what's going on with Blair. Blair would end up just losing another friend; whoever decided to talk to her about BS.
Well, I feel Chuck is amazing at communicating with Blair when he wants to. Absolutely amazing. I am totally fine with Chuck going to S and pointing out what is going on with Blair. But only going to S makes it appear that people are expected to always tip toe around Blair and that is not the case. Chuck should have also pointed out in that charming way of his that Blair needs to grow up as well. That she can not continue this way or she WILL lose everyone. Like S said. She has to take crap from her boss but she does not have to take crap from her friend, The Great Blair Waldorf or not. She can walk away.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

What makes her so special? Psychological issues. Control issues that go beyond a normal person's want for control. It's irrational. I'm not saying it's not. But she has a lot of issues that she has not gotten over. I hate that the show doesn't touch them (even when they did decide to mention them in the show for 5 seconds).

We all have our opinions. Let's agree to disagree. Or just all agree that the writers need to figure out what the hell they are doing with Blair and STOP IT.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
What makes her so special? Psychological issues. Control issues that go beyond a normal person's want for control. It's irrational. I'm not saying it's not. But she has a lot of issues that she has not gotten over. I hate that the show doesn't touch them (even when they did decide to mention them in the show for 5 seconds).
I agree that the show has not delved enough into her psychological issues. Perhaps the scenes would come off differently had they done otherwise. I am only going by what I see on screen. And from what I see on screen, I see someone who, yes, has psychological issues at play but not someone who does not deserve to be called out, someone who should get what she wants or not be criticized because of them. Expecting others to tip toe around her and not call her out is only going to increase their own psychological issues, lol. Basically, from what has transpired on my screen it goes like this. As screwed up as Blair may be, she is still not entitled to throw others under the bus to get what she wants. She doesn't NEED to be queen or top dog. What she needs is to figure out how to work through these issues so she can be a better friend in the future.

Now, that being said. I still love Blair. I understand that she is far from perfect and that is OK. But I am also going to say what I am right now which is that Blair was wrong.

Quote:
We all have our opinions. Let's agree to disagree. Or just all agree that the writers need to figure out what the hell they are doing with Blair and STOP IT.
OK, I can take a hint, lol. And you're right, everyone is going to have their own perspective. I respect where you are coming from despite our disagreeing on this one.