Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
At least we know she has a mother! We've seen someone in the family. It's been...FOREVER.
Yep. Finally we got to see a family member.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Now I want Daddy and RUBY! WHERE IS RUBY?!?!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Supreme Fan

I really liked the episode!

BV scenes are always enjoyable to me. I've always believed that they are more alike than people think. I just think that Blair is forgiven a lot easier than Vanessa because she doesn't deny who she really is. I think with V things are a bit murky, but now we know a bit more about where she comes from and why she thinks the way she does.

I didn't hate Gabriela, but she clearly doesn't accept V for who she is. It's sad that she can't see that her daughter needs her to be there for her. That phone call scene at the end was .

Didn't love that V lied to DO, but I'm glad that they didn't freak out on V after she told them why she did it. I heart the DV friendship, so much understanding between them. I really didn't love what B did to Chuck. They still have some issues to work out and I'm glad that we got some angst... a perfect balance to all the sweet CB scenes lately.

Oh man Chuck brings the sex with anybody. Now if only Dan was on the receiving end of the kiss. *cough**cough* Sorry I ventured off to my AU fantasies

NS (boy are they pretty to look at) scenes were good until I was reminded why I haven't been loving Nate lately. Oh and can he please make up his mind on whether he likes or dislikes his family; it's getting a little old now. Serena was great and I'm glad that she got back at Nate. I like Carter, but I still don't know if he is being genuine and I like it that way.

I my girls being miserable together! No love loss between them, but they know when to wave the white flag when they need to.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

To me the epi was kinda blah. I loved the b/v stuff otherwise i don't knwon.
But it been like this all s3 so far so. I'm sad Carter had to go
And Jess was gorues when she cried.

"i'm not weird, i'm limited edition "

Old 10-20-2009, 01:42 AM
Elite Fan

Ha, I loved it Long review ahead.

Blair/Vanessa: I was all over the place, especially when V's lies kept increasing and getting more complicated. I knew it would come back and bite her in the ass so I wasn't too bothered about it. Blair too. The funny thing about the BV thing is that they both did similar things. They both lied to the people they loved when they could have simply TOLD the truth.

Maybe it's bias for me, but I doubt it. I find it funny when people complain about V 'scheming'. I don't see how her having a higher sense of morality/judgement suddenly means she's not allowed to go a-stray It's called human nature. No one, not even the judgiest of us all is perfect 100% of the time. I actually prefer scheming Vanessa, tbh. More interesting. But at least had the good nature to feel bad about what she was doing. And I was impressed at the Blair-like levels she went to expose Blair at the end.

Their final scene was sweet

I love Blair to death too, but I can't really empathise with her on this one.

She got into Vanessa's head and messed with something that she needed DESPERATELY. And seeing her mother, I don't blame her. Vanessa was originally planning to do the right thing. But we've all done stupid things under pressure.

Blair on the other hand, I don't see why she was so desperate for this speech she felt she had to lie to Chuck. The easy way he accepted the original challenge was proof enough he would have done it if she had told the truth. My problem with Blair is she NEVER feels remorse until the crap completely hits the fan i.e. she gets caught. She didn't even sound guilty when declaring she lied to Chuck. I can't keep feeling sorry for her when she doesn't seem to want to grow up/get a conscience. She deserved Chuck's anger.

I did laugh when she critiqued Lily's pep talk skills.

Carter: I won't really miss Carter. I sure as hell don't understand his sl right now. So he left the chick at the altar. What exactly will working for the Buckleys do for him?! I don't get it.. Or maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. I preferred him when he was smirkishly eeviiilll.. This emo stuff is too much for me.

Nate: I LOVE scheming Nate. At first I was like my god, NS can't play poker to save their LIVES, then the whole photo thing and I was like WTF. But, I don't really blame Nate. He's helping out his cousin, who he likes AND, he doesn't really care for Carter/see why he needs to be helped. Sure he hurt Serena, but eh, she's a big girl, she can handle it. Which she did. I can't wait to see the fallout of this though. Nate's going to be pissed. Probably.

Jenny: I'm really beginning to feel sorry for her at the moment. What is her point again?! and at the same time, I can see the trouble the show might be having integrating her into the current storylines. She needs to get her own thing. Soon.

Dan/Olivia: Olivia's grown on me. Who'd have thunk it. I loved how understanding they were about the whole V/speech/lie drama.

Chuck : Full of win, as always. 'What you think I havent kissed a guy before?' I won't have expected anything less.

I suppose it isn't a GG episode now without some waffles at the penthouse
Old 10-20-2009, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loveddddddddddd this episode!

But where was mine CV scene?
{ max&liz #700
Kinda weird about that star, huh? Kinda sad...
It just doesn’t seem that something burning so bright could just…burn out.
#ROSWELLBACK
Old 10-20-2009, 03:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But where was mine CV scene?
we were tricked!!
Old 10-20-2009, 03:15 AM
Absolute Fan

LOVED this episode!! Such a great Vanessa episode!! And for BV fans like me Their ending scene was AMAZING.

Guh.

So happy.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

FF is strange.

Last edited by mylu; 10-20-2009 at 03:51 AM
Old 10-20-2009, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah semase like we were. Never trust spoirls to mush

Old 10-20-2009, 03:57 AM
Elite Fan

Spoilers are evil Glad to see you liked it Pat!
Old 10-20-2009, 07:59 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Waffles

Biana... LMAO! Ugh. It gives a whole new meaning to Waldorf Soiree. I might have to mention something...if I update.

Onyeka

I love that V has similarites with B. And all this bitching from people about hypercritical. Okay. THEY ALL ARE. WHAT IS YOUR POINT?! Big deal. I'm PROUD of Vanessa. Yes, she should have told Dan the truth and talked to Olivia, but B gave her doubts and it's not like V's known Olivia long and how was she to know that Olivia would give it up? We had no reason to believe so, either. Major props on the microphone.

Quote:
I did laugh when she critiqued Lily's pep talk skills.
*SQUEAL* I LOVE IT WHEN B CALLS LILY OUT ON PARENTING. Like, who is LILY to give advice about her...kids. Please.

Carter - working for them to repay his debts. He's gonna work on like an oil rig or whatever. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

NATIE! Someone else who likes this Nate.

No comment on Jenny. You all already know my thoughts. lol

I'm feeling better about Olivia now. Still not like a fan of O/D, but granted, I like them better than SD. (Okay, so that means nothing, but like I'm not against O/D for now. Does that work?)

Agreed with you on Chuck.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
NATIE! Someone else who likes this Nate.
*raises hand* I do too! I am soo glad he finally had a point and a storyline and interaction with another main character!

I loved this episode! Soo much NS and even though it was not what I expected I still loved it and I'm really curious to see where they go from there. They looked soo hot playing poker

B vs. V was pretty awesome and entertaining as well. I loved Vanessa taking down Blair In the end it didn't end well for her either but I understood her much more than Blair! This is exactly why I can't stand Blair, I don't even know why she wanted that speech but she went out of her way using and lying to everyone she supposedly cares about to get it

No CV
Old 10-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

BV were pure love, their final scene OWNED
nadia/100k at Dianna|
Old 10-20-2009, 09:23 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

God, the last time Nate had purpose? 2x11. About damn time!

AH! The ending scene was BEAUTIFUL!