Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

LOL

I agree, Anna. SN is enough to keep me excited no matter what.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

I have two more hours!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Elite Fan

Aww.. I liked this ep.

Last edited by Izzy Lightwood; 10-19-2009 at 07:00 PM
Old 10-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

3x06

Wow. Can like, every episode be like this?

TA DA! We begin with BLAIRā€™S DREAM! I miss those. BTW, sheā€™s soo pretty. I donā€™t know why people complain about the outfits this season. I love them. The black and white style dream and I love the lipstick. Yes, I just said b&w dream and still commenting on the lipstick. I like it.

B awakes at the Palace.

Apparently she was dreaming All About Eve this time. Which is not an A. Hepburn movie. It wasā€¦.

ā€œI was Bette Davis.ā€ ROTFLMAO! (I love that song.)

And B needs to be Audrey. Oh, I miss the Audrey obsession. Glad itā€™s back.

GUYS! DO YOU KNOW MUCH SN WE GOT TONIGHT?!

So, Trippā€™s running for the House. How old do you have to be? (Iā€™m looking this up. I wanna know how old Tripp is.)

S finds him..I donā€™t know how, and I donā€™t care. She does. And apparently falls into Nateā€™s trap. (OMG, see, he learned something from the best friend and ex.) So, Nate has an idea to help get Carter out. Win him in gambling. Oh, throw back 1x04 anyone? I love this. Can we get another Nate/Carter scene? Was the Cotillion punch the last? (I want some Chuck/Carter/Nate flashbacks of when Carter was a senior and the boys were in the eighth grade.)

Okay, Iā€™m moving on before I go crazy over the boys. I could talk for hoursā€¦.

*cough*

Letā€™s get to Vanessa and Rufus, okay?

I mean, Vanessa and the Humphreys. But Dan and Jenny leave and let V/R talk and I know the LJ girls must have been happy. *cough* What? Leave me be. I can only stand him when heā€™s with Vanessa. Take it.

Another SN scene. Whoā€™s making a list of Lilyā€™s guys since Keith? Because we know this Carlos guy when S was 9. Now I feel like rewatching this show and making a list.

S calls Nate on his poker skills. Iā€™m glad Nateā€™s learned. (Okay, I might want to rewatch 1x04 for the boys.) So, Nate says S is playing. I am very proud of him.

Oh, overload Blair/Vanessa. My girls!! *SQUEAL* I like it. *giggles*

Okay, so Iā€™m warming up to Olivia more after actually paying attention to her. But, what the hell is that watch? Dan, youā€™re a loser. Canā€™t you like..judge her on the watch? I miss the judging. And I donā€™t say thatā€¦ever. *sighs*

This, whatever his job is, guy has like three girls heā€™s saying yes to. At least he knows how to get what he wants from B. *cries*

Bā€™s talking to Josh and badmouthing Vanessa. Ah, true love, girls! Tell us how you REALLY feel.

Josh says his number one has agreed and itā€™sā€¦.ew gag me ā€“ Olivia. I feel like Iā€™m listening to the Yale Dean about OMG! Itā€™s Serena van der Woodsen! *eye roll* (Gabriela has good reasons to not like private schools.) And he tells B even if Olivia wasnā€™t doing it, itā€™d be Vanessa.

B leaves and oh look! Itā€™s Vanessa! B mentions that Olivia is giving the speech. And Vanessa it taken a page from Bā€™s book. (N and V are both learning! YAY! Except Vā€™s totally not good with the stories, but sheā€™s amazing later. Iā€™m not there yet.)

Uh oh! V realizes sheā€™s the one to tell Dan to bring Olivia. Oops.

ANOTHER SN scene! And itā€™s the promo bit and S sits at the table.

Dan and Vanessa have a scene. And thus, my three couples have all had scenes together and um..it goes oh so well for everyone.. Anyway, Vanessa lies and tries to get Dan to not go with Olivia and mentions Dan cooking ā€œspecial chicken.ā€ BUT VANESSA! HUMPHREYS CAN ONLY MAKE WAFFLES! Sheā€™ll give him a recipe. (And thus, because it is not a waffle, it burns later on.)

ANOTHER SN! They play for Carter now. But thatā€™s not enough. Heā€™s worth more than whatā€™s on the table. So Nate says he has a picture from Trippā€™s bachelor party. DUN DUN DUN. Letā€™s play ā€¦ poker.

Vanessa and Olivia talk and you KNOW this is gonna bite her in the ass.

She takes the call outside and the blonde (who is named Sophie later on) hears. And V tells Sophie she can tell B the good news.

And because this is so part of Blairā€™s plan, she does. And itā€™s time for Step 2. Itā€™s very brilliant. But I might cry myself to sleep tonight.

So, SN! All in. OOPSIES! S loses. Poor kids.

So, Vā€™s parentsā€™ names are Gabriela and Arlo. Sweet. (And she has a sis named Ruby.) Finally get some info on her family. Yay S3!

Tis a bit awkward because well, Lily and Gabriela? Umā€¦are opposites. *giggles* Cool.

And in comes the BC promo bit. But itā€™s much clearer here since Chuck knows itā€™s a guy since the promo makes it seem like itā€™s a trans..whatever. I love Chuck. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve mentioned it this review yet. So I shall. I love him. And Iā€™ll cry with them later on, but Iā€™m not there yet. BTW, love how confident he is. (Not liking the hair cut though.)

SN! OOPS. Natieā€¦ But I love the plan. WHERE IS GRANDFATHER AND TRIPP THOUGH?! I want to see them. I like Tripp. So, S overhears and we see the real picture that was photoshoped and given to PJ so when he realizes it, they have the real and say YOU LIE. And Tripp wins. This is smart. I like it. It works. You know Grandfather came up with it. But I credit it all to Natie because I want to and he deserves it and can he have this kind of main role always and INTERACT WITH UES more often? (Can CN have a scene and smoke up after what all happens this ep? I miss them.)

So, werenā€™t back to Vanessa at the van der Woodsen apartment. Gabrielaā€™s ranting. Olivia calls and V takes it and this is not good because you KNOW sheā€™s gonna get caught up in the lie now that itā€™s tense with O/D and SEE! IT IS NOT WAFFLES. IT BURNS. (Burn the loft!) *cough*

TA DA! Oh, this was gold. The kiss and Bā€™s storm and the convo/yell between her and Josh was *jaw drop* didnā€™t see that coming. But Josh knows how to run around them all. Granted, with B all crazy I donā€™t blame him for using her. I want to kiss Chuck Bass, too! *is jealous*

And we get B/C. And OMG, hehe. I mean, we kinda knew this, no?

ā€œDo you really think I havenā€™t kissed a guy before?ā€ hehe *giggles* Chuck doesnā€™t care. I love him.

B says sheā€™ll call Vanessa and tell her and she calls and lets it ring once and no answer and oh well. I love her.

And Olivia wants to meet the parents. And Iā€™m confused whoā€™s gonna speak when I watched. Crazy.

Blair/Vanessa! ā€œI won. Like always.ā€ I love Blair. But Vanessa, she listened in class (your class, B) and sheā€™s not going down. (or, at least not to Blairā€¦)

Awkward meeting with the parents. *yawn* I donā€™t care.

Amalia runs into Chuck and mentions that B got the toast and uh oh. She wasnā€™t supposed to talk. No wonder B demoted her.

SN!!! And Nate explains and S is not happy to be used. Why is it I roll my eyes when either Serena or Nate is used because have they met their besties? Theyā€™re always used in some ways. I do love that Nate was able to get one over S. I give the round to Nate. I like him better.

Oh, back to O/D and LR. Iā€™m only left wondering, Olivia, I know youā€™re a movie ā€˜starā€™ and all, but do you not know who Lily is? So this is just retarded.

B/V. And Vanessaā€™s taping B. Eck. And oh ****, she mentions Chuck. This is not good. I shall cry with them later.

I give major props to Vanessa. I love it.

Oh, but no worries. Vanessa is busted, too! Itā€™s a domino effect! *giggles*

And she tries to explain herself and Gabriela hears the bit about parents and I think B/V need a bonding session. OH! WAIT! Iā€™m not there yet.

Guys. Is this the closest LC Iā€™ll ever get? Lily and Blair talking and somehow Lily giving B advice? Like she knows anything? Right. Apparently this is my closest LC scene since Lilyā€™s like supposed to be his mother and thinking she knows best and Iā€™m not satisfied. If anything, Iā€™m more annoyed because I WANT MY LC!

BLAIRā€™S BEDROOM! And 2x08 flashback but itā€™s B in Sā€™s room. I donā€™t like SCa in Bā€™s room. Itā€™s awkwardā€¦Iā€™m sure BCa have had sex there. Hmmm

Luckily that doesnā€™t work and Carter doesnā€™t want S to feel sorry for him and he wants to work it out by himself because heā€™s a real man and yeah. I love Carter, but not so hot on SCa. (Or my SN is just growing.)

V/Gabriela convo. Poor V. We need someone else with parent issues since C/B/N have had their issues settled-ish in S2. (Death, Eleanor is awesome ā€“ or itā€™s just Cyrus is a good influence, prisonā€¦ so we need someone else to add in the issuesā€¦)

Olivia gets the speech.

BV are standing together.

ā€œWhy did we do all this?ā€
ā€œYou tell me.ā€

For my enjoyment?

OH LOOK! THE EPISODE IS NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT WAFFLES. And she called them Mr. and Mrs. ā€¦ I canā€™t type it.

Chuckā€™s still at the Palace! And ta da. I knew theyā€™d do the break up/make up route every so often. Round One. And I shall cry later. While Chuck cries in the Palace and Bā€™s in her dorm. (Maybe BV had a sleepover? Thatā€™d be nice..)

Vanessaā€™s at the coffee shop. With two croissants. Waiting for mommy, but sheā€™s already going back to Vermont without telling her first. Because see, these parent issues are not just UES things!

S goes to the van der Woodsen apartment for breakfast and Eric is withā€¦Cece as usual. Or I kidnapped him. Either works for me.

OR! Maybe, when Chuck lied and said he had a meeting. It wasnā€™t a real lie. He was meeting with Eric! I LIKE THIS PLAN. I SHALL PRETEND!

LOOK!!!! B/V! *SQUEAL* B sits down at the table and Vanessa offers her the croissant. I LOVE THESE GIRLS!

ā€œThanks.ā€

And theyā€™ll hate each other after my made-up sleepover as they should, BUT *SQUEAL*
Old 10-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

This epi was good but not the best.

Where to start. NS was good. Not to thrilled that Nate lied to S. Why am I not suprised.

It was nice to FINALLY see Vanessa's mom. I dont agree by her ideals at all. I think V is embarresed and kinda frusturated with her. I know V loves her though. Lily doesnt like Vs mom. Poor Lily wants S to go to college and Gabriela doesnt want V in college. That is the 2nd time V has ever said that she wishes Rufus was her dad. Its cuz he supports Dan and Jenny in whatever. Vs mom doesnt. She wants V to be her own person and yet V is.

Basically BV destroyed eachother and CDO to get that speech. In the end O got it. It serves BV right. Karma. Then at the end BV sat down at the cafe together with croissants and seemed sorry with eachother and what they've done. Who knew.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad we got to meet V's mom, and I get that Vanessa was frustrated, but I thought the line about wishing Dan's parents were her own was to much to soon. I don't know, I feel like it would have made more sense at the end, after her mom ditched her own daughter.

And I liked the BV scene at the end, wasn't expecting that!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

The BV ending scene made me SOOO happy.

Theresa. You have a point. Gabriela wants Vanessa to be her own person, but disliking her choices doesn't really show that.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Gabriela wants Vanessa to be her own person, but disliking her choices doesn't really show that.
So true. I think her mom has her version of who Vanessa is, and that the vision in Gabriella's head and Vanessa herself don't really match up anymore.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Loyal Fan

this episode officially made me cry. OMG there are so many times i just wanted to reach in and hug V. I was so upset when she fell into B's trap and started the lies. She shoudl have just stuck to her guns and told Olivia and Dan the truth. They both are very understanding and would have O would have gladly let her do the speech. But her mom is a bitch and i can see were V gets her speack first think later ways. I was very proud of V for getting Blair. she may not have the speech but she shut Blair up for putting her throught that. They were cute at the end.

Why doesn't anyone love V. Girl can't catch a break to save her life. Her partents don't support her. She's like a 7th wheel with the van der bass humphreys. D may be her bff but no he has a gf adn V comes second to that. Sc and N need to stay away. They already broke her heart she doesn't need them around anymore. C is with B so they can never be freinds. Can i be cast as the loud ghetto black girl on the show who befriends her. Her study partner we can make a movie together.
Icon by SolveMyMystery
Old 10-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
The BV ending scene made me SOOO happy.

Theresa. You have a point. Gabriela wants Vanessa to be her own person, but disliking her choices doesn't really show that.
That annoys the hell out of me. Excuse V for wanting to learn and have a great film career.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

But why does Vanessa need an education to go into film? JUST DO IT! (Chanelling the parents.)
Old 10-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

Its just not that simple.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Tell that to Gabriela.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
Tell that to Gabriela.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

At least we know she has a mother! We've seen someone in the family. It's been...FOREVER.