Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2009, 09:01 PM
New Fan

The ULTIMATE NCIS Character Analysis Thread (All Past and Present Characters!)

Hey guys, I wrote an analysis for each character of NCIS. I absolutely love this show. I will post each article in a new post, due to the length. I hope this is okay .

Please let me know what you think!

Director Jenny Shepard

What made Director Jenny Shepard so special of a leader, was her experience, courage, and the ability to read a situation. When someone did something that Jenny didn’t like, she would let them know immediately. Jenny is probably the most similar to Gibbs out of all the characters that have been on NCIS. This is due to their history together as partners in the field. As the new director, she began to look at cases in a different light than an agent. Jenny Shepard was the right woman to be the director, with her leadership, communication skills, and bravery.

When Jenny first became the director of NCIS, she had a tough transition to a ‘desk’ job. Her ability to adapt to a change in situation helped her out greatly. When she was kidnapped, Jenny remained completely calm, even taunting her kidnappers. This was because her confidence in her team was tremendous. She knew that they would find her, no matter the circumstances. Jenny eventually slipped into her role of director, and became quite good at it. She had her own style, that no one could replicate. I would call it a competent confidence.

Director Jenny Shepard did have some bad qualities, which led her to completely lose focus towards the end of her stint as director. She was not as good of an agent as Gibbs, but she had the same ‘take it personal’ mentality. When she became obsessed with the ‘La Grenouille’ case, that was when she began to lose her focus. Her past consumed her, and all she could focus on was catching and/or killing the arms dealer. Eventually, she got what she wanted, but it came at a dear cost to Jenny.

Despite her flaws, Jenny Shepard did a great job as the director of NCIS. She was always confident in her abilities, her team, and would put her life on the line to save them. In fact, this is what she did for Gibbs. Director Shepard’s heroism will never be forgotten.

Now that we know who she is, let’s answer a basic questionnaire about what Director Shepard would do in certain situations:

Q1. Your best friend has just lost a loved one, how do you handle it?

A. Like mentioned before, Jenny is close to a female version of Gibbs. She would not cry, but she would be a strong shoulder to lean on. She has the ability to absorb the emotions of others, and to smooth out their sorrow.

Q2. You just won $1,000,000 from a lottery ticket that you bought. How do you react?

A. Jenny Shepard is not the most excited person you will meet, because she is always focused on business. She doesn’t seem like a person who really needs the money, judging by her family home. Jenny would probably give most of the money away, and spend some of it on personal clothes/accessories.

Q3. Your best friend has just achieved his or her dream goal. How do you show your support?

A. Jenny would want to be there for her best friend. She would have a nice, inspiring chat with her friend, and encourage her to keep climbing the ladder. This is because Director Shepard did climb the ladder herself, and she knows what it feels like at the top.

Q4. Did Jenny Shepard have any regrets about the way she lived? Would she do anything differently, if given a second chance?

A. Jenny probably would have regretted taking the La Grenouille case so personally, and having it consume nearly all of her time and energy. If she were not so focused on her personal matters, she might have enjoyed her life as director a little better. But with Jenny, she would have a difficult time trying to forgive La Grenouille for what he did.

Film Insight

My website contains many articles just like this one. Analyzing the important life messages presented in our favorite movies. If you liked these articles, you will love what my site has to offer!

Last edited by chezzy62; 11-14-2009 at 09:10 PM
chezzy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:02 PM
New Fan

Director Leon Vance

Director Vance is the most hidden member of NCIS, emotionally wise. He is tough as a rock, and does not back down from any challenge. This sounds just like Gibbs, but the primary difference between Vance and Gibbs is the channeling of fear. Gibbs uses fear to his advantage, while Vance cowers behind it, appearing to be unbreakable. As discussed in the show, Vance is actively concealing a truth about his past, to his team and to his family.

Leon Vance lives a double life, 2 completely separate entities: family and work. In his work, he discusses his family, but not in-depth. He shows courage and toughness at times, while at others he shows a defense mechanism. Vance is an enigma, and likes to keep it that way. When he comes home, he is the jolly family man! No other NCIS member, as far as we know, is a mystery as much as Vance. We know that Abby is a jolly goth, Ducky is a wise ME, McGee is the elf lord, DiNozzo is the goof-ball, and Gibbs is the fearless leader. Vance is the……..enigma. Yeah.

Besides being the enigma, Vance knows how to get it done behind the desk, from a management perspective. He is very talented in the field of computer science, showing a well-rounded skill-set. There is a moment when Vance is first introduced, and he shocks McGee with his knowledge of computers. Director Leon Vance runs things very differently from his predecessor, Jenny Shepard. He has a very gritty style, and doesn’t back down to a threat. He is insecure about his personal life, but he knows how to get the job done.

Now that we know who he is, let’s answer a basic questionnaire about what Director Vance would do in certain situations:

A. Director Vance, separating his personal and professional life, would not mention this to anyone, and would visit and comfort his best friend. If anyone asks, Vance would say something along the lines of “I’m going to a meeting, call me if you need anything”.

Q2. You just won $1,000,000 from a lottery ticket that you bought. How do you react?

A. Vance has a sense of humor, he just doesn’t feel it is necessary to laugh at work. He also doesn’t feel it is necessary to display happiness at work, or celebrations. He probably wouldn’t tell anyone about the lottery winnings, and put the money in a trust fund for his children.

Q3. Your best friend has just achieved his or her dream goal. How do you show your support?

A. Vance would probably congratulate his friend on the phone, encouraging him to keep up the great work. Because of his busy work schedule, he would have difficulty finding time to visit his friend. But if he did find a gap in his schedule, he would most likely make an effort to congratulate his best friend in person.

Q4. On your deathbed, how well did you live your life? Is there anything you would have done differently, given a second chance?

A. There are many things that Vance may regret at the end of his life. Not connecting with his team on an emotional level, taking life too seriously, and hiding his past. There are many ways for Vance to improve his life, but it looks like he is not actively seeking improvement. What would be ideal for Director Leon Vance, is to loosen up. Life is just a game, and having some fun while you’re playing is a godsend.

Film Insight

My website contains many articles just like this one. Analyzing the important life messages presented in our favorite movies. If you liked these articles, you will love what my site has to offer!

Last edited by chezzy62; 11-14-2009 at 09:11 PM
Old 11-14-2009, 09:08 PM
New Fan

Dr. Donald Mallard

In the show NCIS, Dr. Mallard, aka Ducky, is the Medical Examiner. He is employed in the business of death, but in communicating with Ducky, you would never be able to tell. Dr. Mallard has a natural humor that he brings to his work, that cheers up all of his fellow teammates. He is also licensed in psychological analysis, another one of his specialties. Ducky is very serious about his work, and he is rarely one to make mistakes. In the rare case that he does, he is not afraid to admit it. One of his signature trademarks, is his knowledge of many past events. He is able to relate any death/situation, to another one with historical context. Many times, Dr. Mallard gets carried away in his own world, and needs to be brought back to earth to focus on the matter at hand. Despite all of the sidetracking, Dr. Mallard is one of the best ME’s out there, and he knows it.

Ducky is a very likable character on the show, through his vast knowledge of historical situations, to the way he speaks, you are sure to enjoy whatever Ducky is talking about. He is very compassionate to his ‘patients’, and he even communicates with dead bodies. When asked about this, Dr. Mallard said something along the lines of: “The bodies tell me a whole lot about the case, and I want to let them know that they are helping in solving the mystery of their own death”. Although he may have a lonely job, he never truly feels like he is alone.

Another excellent trait that Ducky has, is loyalty. As all NCIS members do, Ducky would put his life out on the line if his team needed him. He once went undercover as an agent to get more information on a case, even though that wasn’t his job! In communicating with other members of his team, Ducky is a very patient person; with himself, and with others. This isn’t the best trait to have when dealing with an inpatient man like Leroy Jethro Gibbs, but Ducky finds a way.’

Dr. Donald “Ducky” Mallard is a very interesting character, committed to his job, and he knows how to lighten the mood while working. His compassion, patience, and wisdom are his strengths. His weakness is the tendency to get caught up in his own world, and annoy his coworkers in the process. A heck of a character, I must say!

Now that we know who he is, let’s answer a basic questionnaire about what Ducky would do in certain situations:

A. Since Ducky is more in-tune with the emotions of others, he is a strong-compassionate type of person. Ducky would most likely comfort his friend verbally, giving him/her stories about life, and of past losses that he has suffered. He is very strong, like Gibbs, and would be a shoulder to cry on.

A. Ducky is not particularly fond of money, he rarely talks about money, and he knows there are many things that are more important than money. If he won, he would probably treat himself with a part of the sum (he is a connoisseur of certain items, like golf clubs). The rest of the money would probably go to a charity, to the other team members, and to his family.

A. Ducky is a very calm person, so he wouldn’t jump and flail his arms around like a maniac. His best quality in terms of support, is just the ability to be there. He could show up for a friends celebration, and his presence would be felt. He wouldn’t need to do anything special, like buy some expensive gift that wouldn’t have much value anyway.

Q4. On your deathbed, how well did you live your life? Is there anything you would have done differently, given a second chance?

A. No, Ducky is one of the rare few, who live life like every day is their last. He has taken risks in life, and they have paid off in landing the perfect job for him. He attended conferences that interest him, loved his family, and appreciated the little things in life. Ducky lived the life that he always wanted.

Film Insight

Old 11-14-2009, 09:14 PM
New Fan

Abby Sciuto

Abby Sciuto, a witty, lovable personality with forensic skills that are even greater than her charm. As said by Tony in Season 7, Abby is a paradoxical oxymoron. She is a Goth, but she is the happiest and most joyful member of the NCIS crew. She always keeps a smile on her face, and her happiness is contagious. Her relationship with the other team members is excellent, and they are all very fond of her. Abby is talented in most fields of science, including forensics, DNA, biology, and computer science/hacking. She has a close relationship with McGee, because the two have a lot in common. They are just friends, but are jealous when either one of them interacts with the opposite sex. A very funny predicament when it happens.

Anyone who is stranger to Abby, will find her very weird. They will first be startled by her contradictory nature, and the way she talks. Abby has a way with words! She can rephrase a sentence 50 different ways, talks extremely fast, and can go on repeating a concept out loud for a long time. Her sense of humor is first-rate, and you can see it in her humorous monologues (Gibbs imitation in particular). She always knows how to infuse humor into a situation, and her favorite hippo Bert is her comfort in a tragic/difficult situation.

Ms. Sciuto is also the most persistent member of NCIS. Not only because she has to be, but because it is in her nature. When DiNozzo was framed for murder, the sole fate of Tony’s future laid in her hands. After every bit of forensic evidence led to Tony, she was devastated. But through her devastation, she continued to look at every little detail of the investigation, looking for a slip-up, until she found one piece of evidence that proved Tony’s innocence. This persistence has led Abby to be one of the best forensic scientists in her field, and one of the funniest and upbeat members of NCIS.

Now that we know who she is, let’s answer a basic questionnaire about what Abby would do in certain situations:

A. Abby is very emotional, and her strength comes from an openness and fearlessness of expressing her emotions. She will develop deep emotional connections with others very quickly. So when these connections are lost, she will be hit very hard. Abby would not just talk on the phone to comfort a friend, she would drive over, and be there to comfort him/her in person. She would cry with the friend, and use her compassion to comfort her friend.

A. Abby is very social, jumpy, and easily excitable. Winning $1,000,000 would put Abby in a joyous frenzy, telling all of her family and friends. She would spend a certain portion of the money on herself, and most likely donate the rest to charitable causes. Abby is a very charitable person, and she likes to spend her time improving the lives of others. Money is something that she would use to buy new clothes/accessories to fit her lifestyle. She would use the rest to help make the world better.

A. As you might have concluded, Abby is one supportive lady! She would be the one to throw the actual celebration party for a friend, in addition to being there. She may spend a generous amount on a gift, in addition to making a gift with sentimental value. Abby loves to see the happiness in others, and seeing her best friend succeed would be such an inspiration to Abby.

A. There is no doubt in my mind that Abby is living the way she wants to live. To take a stand, and be who you are, is the most proactive thing you can do. She lives her life in a way to satisfy who she is as a human being, and not conforming to what society expects of her. Abby does not care what kind of energy she attracts while walking down the street, but she does care about being who she was born to be. On her deathbed, Abby Sciuto will have no regrets about the way she lived her life.

Film Insight

Old 11-14-2009, 09:15 PM
New Fan

Agent Kate Todd

Agent Caitlin Todd was an NCIS agent, recruited from the Secret Service. She was beautiful, talented, and confident agent. She was extremely observant, especially in the episode where Ari tries to fool her with the old cup and balls magic trick. Kate had a very strong relationship with DiNozzo, similar to a brother-sister. They often would get into immature fights about nothing in particular, and it gave an extra humorous element to the show. Agent Todd was a determined fighter, and the most compassionate special agent of NCIS.

Agent Todd did not like to hide behind an emotional wall. When something bothered her, she would not make an extra effort to hide it. She had a very innocent way about her, that led us to believe that she had the highest morals out of any NCIS agent. She was also a mystery, not talking about her personal life. The opposite of Agent DiNozzo. Humble is one of the main words I would use to describe agent Todd. She is good and she knows it.

One admirable quality for a person is compassion, but not necessarily for a Federal Agent. Kate Todd was the most compassionate agent, which ultimately led to her demise. When given the opportunity to kill Ari, she couldn’t go through with it, mentioning something about ‘his eyes’. It is very rare for eyes to lie about the identity of a person, but Ari was an expert in so many things. Because Agent Todd’s compassion got in the way, she was unable to be fully immersed in her job. At certain times, compassion is not the best emotion to have. Kate was unable to hit the ‘off switch’ on her compassionate nature, and it ultimately didn’t serve her well.

Now that we know who she is, let’s answer a basic questionnaire about what Agent Todd would do in certain situations:

A. Being the extremely supportive, compassionate person that she is, Agent Todd would put a situation like this high above her work. She wouldn’t hesitate to leave work for a while to comfort her best friend. She is an excellent person with high morals and generosity.

A. I am on the fence as to what Agent Todd would do. On one hand, she could mock Tony with her lottery winnings. On the other hand, she does like to keep her personal life separate from her work. In the end, Agent Todd would have great difficulty hiding such a big event. She would announce it a few weeks after she wins, perhaps to inspire jealousy in Agent DiNozzo.

A. Agent Todd would be ecstatic for her best friend. She would leave work to support her friend, because Kate feels the joy of others. Her best friends joy would become a part of her joy.

Q4. Did Agent Caitlin Todd have any regrets about the way she lived? Would she do anything differently, if given a second chance?

A. Agent Todd is not particularly one to regret the way she lived her life, but she would definitely have liked to have another chance to kill Ari. She showed such high emotional support for Agent DiNozzo, by risking her own life, just to make him feel loved. This is truly an act of one who lives life consciously, and feels connected to others.

Film Insight

Old 11-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

Oh wow, your analyses are so detailed.

I like your analysis of Ducky. I'll have to read the rest when I'm more awake and have the time to actually read them properly.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:52 AM
New Fan

Wow, thank you Miss Kenton! I'm glad you liked my Ducky analysis. Take your time, haha. I've written all of them, I will post them later tonight.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow! Those look very informative! I will have to read them when I have more time. Thanks for posting them.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:24 PM
New Fan

No problem! Here is the next in the series:

Agent Ziva David

Mossad Liaison Officer Ziva David, is not the lady that you would want to mess with. Although she is short in stature, and looks innocent, she is a deadly assassin. Officer David was trained to suppress her emotion, and taught that expressing any emotion, good or bad, was a sign of weakness. When faced against conflicting beliefs at NCIS, she began to feel small emotions, but she still doesn’t particularly enjoy expressing them. Ziva keeps her work life and personal life completely separate, much more so than Agent Todd. She is an extremely skilled interrogator, nearly impossible to break, and she protects her loved ones. You do not want to get on her bad side.

Ziva suffered great loss as a child, including the death of loved ones. She has a rock-hard exterior, that is not easy to break. Only DiNozzo came close, from his altercation with Rivkin. With everything that Ziva had seen, and everything she had been through, it is hardly surprising how strong she is. As the old saying goes “What doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger”. Look to Officer David for inspiration, because there is always a way through a crisis.

While Ziva is a stone-cold warrior, she does have a playful side, that NCIS has allowed her to express. She was raised to be an emotionless killer, but that is not the natural psychology of any human being. At NCIS, DiNozzo is a big-hearted goof-ball, and he helped Ziva become less stone-like. A little humor works wonders every day, because laughter is a human necessity. No matter who you are.

In life, it is necessary to have variety. Sometimes you have to be strong, and hold back your emotions. At other times, you have to express them, no matter how painful it is. Ziva is learning to express her emotions, and become a more enjoyable person, even though she was raised to be the opposite. It’s not where you’re from, it’s where you’re going.

Now that we know who she is, let’s answer a basic questionnaire about what Officer David would do in certain situations:

A. Ziva has the most experience with the loss of a loved one. She knows exactly how it feels to lose a loved, and would sympathize with her best friend in person.

A. With her new attitude since joining NCIS, Ziva would be somewhat animated about her winnings. She would take great pleasure in teasing Mcgee and DiNozzo about her winnings. She wouldn’t particularly have use for the money, so Ziva would probably give it to charity.

A. Ziva is not particularly one for celebration. She knows that when you achieve a goal, another challenge will be lurking right around the corner. However, she would feel very happy for her friend, and congratulate him/her in person or over the phone.

A. As a Mossad agent, Ziva knows that she is sacrificing many traits that human beings should have. She is suppressing her fun, emotions, and overall enjoyment of life. She has one purpose in living, and that is to stop terrorists and criminals. We are all curious, and Ziva would probably be curious as to how her life would have been if she did not become a Mossad agent. She may regret not expressing joy more often while in the company of NCIS.

Film Insight

Old 11-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

I just read your Ziva one, and I thought it was very interesting and good.

Quote:
Although she is short in stature, and looks innocent, she is a deadly assassin.
This is so very true. Why I love her so much, because she doesn't look like a very deadly assassin, especially when she's joking around but we all know she's got that side in her.

Great analysis.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:00 PM
New Fan

Haha, it is so true! Who doesn't love Ziva!?

Btw, New Episode tomorrow night! I am so pumped! Last weeks episode was incredible.

NCIS Character Analysis – Agent Tim McGee

McGee. McGeekle. McGoogle. McMotherboard. Elf Lord. Shall I go on? Tim McGee is one of the funniest characters on the show, and is often teased by DiNozzo and Ziva. Growing up, he was a nerd in school, the opposite of Dinozzo. Throughout the series, Tony has a lot of difficulty understanding McGee’s infatuation with computers, which is why he teases Mcgee so much. Tim is not the best agent in terms of fighting and interrogation, but he is the best in obtaining information on suspects. McGee has various degress, including a Bachelors in Biomedical Engineering from Johns Hopkins, and a Masters in Computing Forensics from MIT. He is a computer genius, and fairly laid back for a federal agent.

McGee is extremely persistent when it comes to virtual information. When faced with a tough level of computer encryption, or a difficult task, he may stay up the whole night working on it. He does not give up until he finds what the team is looking for, and the criminal is put behind bars. Persistence is McGee’s best trait. This is significant, because when dealing with computer forensics, you cannot give up on a challenge.

Despite McGee’s humor, intelligence, and wit, he is sensitive to the opinion of others. If one person tells him that his hair looks bad, he will ask everyone else how his hair looks. He cares greatly about what other people think of him, especially those close to him. This can be seen when he asks his fellow agents what they think of his new light beard look. To which Tony teases him, and Gibbs forces him to shave it off.

Agent McGee makes for a very unique NCIS agent, and his character is so realistic and true-to-life. He represents how a geek can grow up to be a Federal Agent, as long as you have confidence in yourself. Because in the end, it’s your confidence that matters most to your success.

Now that we know who he is, let’s answer a basic questionnaire about what Agent McGee would do in certain situations:

A. McGee has suffered through the death of 2 team members in the past, which has strengthened him greatly. He would be there for a friend, and stand tall when it is needed. Like Dr. Mallard, he is strongly supportive and willing to comfort a friend in need.

A. McGee would gloat to Tony and Ziva about the lottery win, just as they would gloat to him. With the money, he would probably spend 90% of it on himself, including a car and Armani/Ralph Lauren clothes.

A. McGee would be very happy for his friend, and celebrate the event. He’s not much of a leader, or a party thrower, so he would follow somebody else’s lead. McGee is very supportive, but in a different way from other characters on the show.

A. McGee would probably wish that he had more courage to take more chances in life. McGee has stayed relatively close to his comfort zone throughout his NCIS journey. What he lacks in courage, he makes up for in persistence. Although McGee stayed close to his comfort zone, there isn’t much that he would change, if given a second chance. He does what he loves to do for a living, and that is one of the highest accomplishments in life.

Film Insight

Old 11-17-2009, 07:04 PM
New Fan

NCIS Character Analysis – Agent Tony DiNozzo

The senior field agent of the NCIS team is Anthony DiNozzo. He has a humorous and laid-back style, that amuses all of the other team members, and himself. It is nearly impossible to find a topic that Tony will not make into a comedy, or movie reference. Although he is all laughs on the outside, he is a stone cold agent on the inside. He is intelligent, courageous, and difficult to trick. DiNozzo is fitting as the senior field agent, because of his ability to lighten the mood with humor, and his incredible leadership skills.

Tony loves making fun of McGee; it has become a necessity for him! From Agent DiNozzo, we learned great words like ‘McGeeky’,'McCranky’, ‘McGoo’, ‘McFlabby’, and many other golden nicknames for Agent McGee. Tony is a huge film buff, apparently spending most of his free time watching movies. He loves talking like his favorite characters, and making situational references to his favorite movies. This is vintage DiNozzo, and possibly his most admirable quality.

When it comes to serious matters, Tony is all business. He is not afraid of violence, and could use it when necessary. Like Gibbs, Tony does not show his fear. Instead, he uses is to enhance his overall ability as an agent. He is extremely protective of his fellow team members, as seen by his fear for Ziva in Season 6. When he suspects a relationship between Ziva and Rivkin, he confronts Rivkin multiple times, warning him to stay away from Ziva. When he does not heed Tony’s warning, Tony comes to arrest him, and a brawl ensues. This is all because Dinozzo was afraid of something bad happening to Ziva. Agent DiNozzo sure is a talker, but when it comes down to business, he lets his actions speak.

Tony, however, does have a problem. He does not know how to have a proper relationship with women, and it sometimes can be seen in the way he works. Moving from one girl to the next may be fun, but DiNozzo soon realizes that he is looking for something more in his life. He is looking for stability. When he finally finds someone, it is under the wrongest of circumstances, and the relationship does not work out. Tony’s problem remains in his psychology to this day, and it is adding an unwanted element to the way he works. He is sometimes heavily distracted by women in his interviews, and Gibbs sends someone else to do it.

Agent Anthony DiNozzo has many admirable qualities; like strength, courage, humor, and ability to incorporate all 3 at the same time. This combination of traits makes for an excellent senior field agent, or a team leader. He can be either one, depending on the situation. Tony does have relationship issues, that affect him on a deeper internal level. Overall, he is one of the most entertaining characters on the show, and he has the most traits in common with Gibbs. Who says you can’t pull pranks as a Federal Agent?

Now that we know who he is, let’s answer a basic questionnaire about what Agent Dinozzo would do in certain situations:

A. Tony DiNozzo is not as strong as Ziva, in the sense of feeling emotion after the loss of a loved one. He feels wrecked after the loss of Agent Todd, and Director Shepard. Tony knows how difficult it is for his best friend, so he would be there to help his friend get through.

A. Of course Tony would parade around the entire NCIS building, bragging about his lottery win, exactly what he is going to do with the money, and taunt McGee and Ziva. What would he do with the money? Tony would buy his dream car.

A. Tony is type of person who feels happy for his friends accomplishments, but may be the jealous type. He would probably congratulate his friend on the phone, and make a remark about how he would be able to do the same thing. DiNozzo has cockiness, and self-confidence. His large ego would have something to say.

A. DiNozzo would probably regret not watching every single movie ever made! Not really, but what Tony would really regret, is his inability to find stability in his relationships. Assuming that he dies a single man, he would have wished to be able to have a life partner. For someone to share the experience of life with, and possibly have children. DiNozzo is not one to regret many things, but his love life would probably be one of them.

Film Insight

Old 11-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

At the great words we learned from DiNozzo.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:53 PM
New Fan

Where can we find a Brontosaurus who knows how to use this? (Gibbs walks in and makes the copy). What an incredible Season so far. Definitely the best!

My final analysis:

NCIS Character Analysis – Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs

Gibbs. The fearless leader. Never, have I seen a show portray such an accurate description of leadership. Agent Jethro Gibbs is a very intimidating leader; to his agents, and to his suspects. No one wants to mess with Gibbs, and that is no surprise. He is incredibly strong emotionally, and a very loving person to his family. His top qualities are leadership and fearlessness. Gibbs is also very impatient, and easily angered, which don’t serve him well in his relationships.

Leadership is Gibb’s best quality. On the outside, he is tough as nails, seemingly impossible to break. On the inside, he is a compassionate person, who is extremely supportive of his friends and family. When a team member needs to voice a concern, or just needs someone to listen to them, Gibbs is always there. This is seen particularly often in conversations between Gibbs and Abby. Another quality of leadership that Gibbs has is decision-making abilities. Indecision is no decision, and Gibbs certainly knows that. When he is faced with a tough set of options, he makes his decision within minutes.

Agent Jethro Gibbs is also talented at channeling his fear, one of the most complicated and in-erasable human emotions. When asked about his fearless nature, and how he eliminates fear, Gibbs replies “You can’t remove fear, it’s what you do with it”. This is one of my favorite quotes of NCIS, along with Dinozzo saying the classic phrase: “If you always do what you’ve always done, then you’ll always get what you’ve always got”. Gibbs knows the emotion of fear all too well, because of the horrible things he has been through in the past. Throughout his journey, Gibbs has learned how to channel fear into confidence and leadership, and how to make the best situation possible when fear presents its ugly face. Gibbs is the most fearless man, fictional or nonfictional, that I have ever seen. He is my role model for leadership and fearlessness.

Just like any other character, Gibbs does have his shortcomings. We all know that Jethro has been married 4 times, divorced 3 times. His aggressive nature has made it very difficult to have a successful relationship. He is away often, easily angered, and extremely impatient. Impatience and anger in the right situations can make for an incredible NCIS agent. Do they make for a good husband? Not particularly. But that’s okay, Gibbs will always find a way to handle it.

Gibbs is the staple of the NCIS show. He has garnered huge attention as a fictional character, and has inspired many people to channel their fear, and become better leaders. There are T-Shirts on sale, that read: “What Would Gibbs Do?”, and rightfully so. A role model in many senses. Although his patience and anger control need some improvement, they are perfect qualities to have in Gibb’s field of work. Mark Harmon has done an excellent job portraying Donald Bellisario’ character. What an inspiration!

Now that we know who he is, let’s answer a basic questionnaire about what Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs would do in certain situations:

A. Agent Gibbs is the best NCIS character at comforting others after a tragic loss. He has the ability to absorb and alleviate grief. His calm nature makes him extremely supportive, in a quiet way. Gibbs is the type of person who doesn’t need to say many words, he just lets his facial expressions do the talking.

A. Gibbs doesn’t care. Period. He would never have bought the lottery ticket in the first place. But in the event that a friend gave it to him, he would give away all of the money.

A. Again, Gibbs is a very quiet supportive type, and he strongly dislikes events. A simple phone call, a few brief words, and a congratulations. Simplicity is his style.

A. Agent Gibbs is not one to regret. He knows exactly what choices he is making, and what consequences will come from making a particular choice. If given another chance, he would live with his wife and daughter peacefully. Besides that major aspect, Gibbs lives very consciously.

Film Insight

Old 11-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Where can we find a Brontosaurus who knows how to use this? (Gibbs walks in and makes the copy).
I loved that moment, especially when he sort of shoved McGee with his body! Classic Gibbs.

Quote:
The fearless leader
For me, that's who Gibbs is.