Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopah (View Post)
Me too but it's more to do with Ziva rather than the two of them and how heartbreaking that is. It's almost hard watching the beginning eps of 6 just because they were so good and so there (I don't understand at all when people say they grew distant during the season because imo, they grew closer.)

And I don't think I have a favorite, there are too many...I have my top five least favorite.
You mean it was hard to watch Ziva in such a state? Tbh, I just did not like how she was written. I understood that she was struggling over loyalty to Mossad and NCIS, but I didn't like the way they portrayed it, or the fact that they were trying to create doubt for the audience that Ziva betrayed NCIS. Just the whole situation left a bad taste in my mouth.

You can talk about your least favorite then.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Theres just too many good Tiva moments to list them all! Definitely Truth and Consequences up there, as well as Aliyah/ I love season three because theres too many good flirty moments between them. I also like the moments where Tony shows his feelings for Ziva from the moment he learned she almost died, to trying to deal with Ziva's leaving.

Too good!

"Have you ever lied to someone you loved...yes...Did they ever forgive you?...They never found out..."- Tiva
Old 03-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
You mean it was hard to watch Ziva in such a state? Tbh, I just did not like how she was written. I understood that she was struggling over loyalty to Mossad and NCIS, but I didn't like the way they portrayed it, or the fact that they were trying to create doubt for the audience that Ziva betrayed NCIS. Just the whole situation left a bad taste in my mouth.
I didn't like that either. I get why they were trying to create doubt, but after being with NCIS and the team for so long I just couldn't see it. It eventually led to some great scenes with Tony/Ziva so I'll look past it.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase the memories (View Post)
Tbh, I just did not like how she was written. I understood that she was struggling over loyalty to Mossad and NCIS, but I didn't like the way they portrayed it, or the fact that they were trying to create doubt for the audience that Ziva betrayed NCIS. Just the whole situation left a bad taste in my mouth.
Without going into it too much, I didn't have a problem with what they did with her character (the storyline yes, her character no) because I could justify her actions to a degree in my head and it didn't ever feel like it wasn't 'Ziva' as I was watching it.

Quote:
You mean it was hard to watch Ziva in such a state?
That's what I meant, watching her having to deal with it all is what's hard, watching her hopelessness is hard, watching her unravelling is hard. It was a bit like watching somebody your close to go through something you can't stop or do **** to help.

Quote:
It eventually led to some great scenes with Tony/Ziva so I'll look past it.
Yeah definitely , we got amazing stuff from the torture of having to watch it.

Quote:
Let me just grab my list such a pessimistic.

(Gonna use a line from the scene even though it's the whole scene I dislike, not the line, just to clarify. )
- Do you ever think about soul mates? - S5
- This coming from the woman who fell in love with the dead man walking. - S5
- It's not just me that I'm worried about hurting, Ziva - S4
- Your not in your country and neither is he - S6
And I wanna say the entirety of S4 but it wasn't all bad but the fifth one would probably be the scene where Ziva hears him tell Jeanne that he loves her.

All of those scenes are pertinent to their relationship and are good powerful moments but they'd be my least favorites. And I just noticed that almost all of them involve him hurting or yelling at her...not at all biased.

Last edited by Coopah; 03-06-2010 at 11:03 PM
Old 03-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Elite Fan

This is way late but thanks for the new thread and I just adore the title! The OP is looking great too!

Quote:
All of those scenes are pertinent to their relationship and are good powerful scenes but I just have...problems with them. And I just noticed that almost all of them involve him hurting or yelling at her...not at all biased
It's always these scenes that I dislike the most when it comes to Tiva. I can't stand Tony hurting or yelling at her like that, with such insensitivity. It makes me feel like he's sort of taking advantage of her but she throws it right back at him well sometimes.

I'm so with everyone on Truth or Consequences and the "couldn't live without you" awesomeness! That was a truly epic episode and moment, and I think it showcases just how much Tony cares for Ziva and all he'd do for her, as well as all the team would do for her.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Elite Fan

Yaz! I forgot to wish you a happy birthday lovely.

I get what you're saying Kenzie, in the sense that it was so incredibly difficult watching her unravel like that. I mean, she's this strong and put together woman, and to see her fly off the handle and lashing out at everyone was hard. But having her doubt the relationships she has built with NCIS was just as hard. I think that's why I'm able to justify her actions to an extent instead of full-out condemning her as some fans have done after S6. I guess I'm sort of neutral in this case since I can understand both sides of the situation.

Good list you chose! I don't think any of them bothered me a lot, except for the dead man walking one. I really thought he took it too far, especially since we saw how sensitive Tony actually was towards her during that whole episode. The other scenes were just Tony being Tony, and hiding all of his feelings underneath his jokes.

I don't think you're being that biased. Actually, I'm trying to recall scenes where the situation was reversed, and I'm having trouble. LOL.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yaz! I forgot to wish you a happy birthday lovely.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY YAZ!!!

Watching Ziva unravel and struggle like that is probably the hardest thing that I have ever had to watch on my TV shows. Ziva has always been my favorite character and has way surpassed Brennan from Bones as my favorite character on TV. People ask me how I can't hate her after the end of Season 6 and I can honestly say that I don't. She has lived her life that way for years, and thanks to her Father has that mistrust drilled into her from a very young age.

I was kinda mad at her for not trusting Tony, not seeing that he was only trying to protect and help her, but I can see where that comes from, and I NEVER felt any hate. Truth or Consequences is amazing. Reunion is arguably my favorite episode ever, and by the end of that, for me, Ziva has redeemed herself in whatever way she had to in my eyes.

Sorry - kinda long winded!!
Bones Undercover Podcast
Old 03-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

Happy belated birthday Yaz!

Quote:
I was kinda mad at her for not trusting Tony, not seeing that he was only trying to protect and help her, but I can see where that comes from, and I NEVER felt any hate.
I was also mad at her for not trusting Tony. They've been through a lot and she's been part of the team for a long time now, so I would have thought that she knew Tony better. I guess I could understand hiw Ziva could be distrustful of people, especially when her family is involved. Still didn't like it. Loved her through everything though.

Quote:
This coming from the woman who fell in love with the dead man walking. - S5
I really didn't like that Tony said this. It came out kind of harsh from him and it was really insensitive, especially considering he was there for her during the actual ep.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:

This.

The biggest problem I had with the sixth season, apart from the few great moments and episodes is that EVERYONES characterization was way out of whack. The entire team, not just Tony or Ziva. Towards the end, before Michael's death and before things started going downhill, ie. before Gibbs and Tony and every other person told Michael to GTFO or die, Ziva turned into pod!Ziva. It reminds me of Lorelai in the 6th season of Gilmore Girls.

And the other issue I have is more on a consistency standpoint and the fact that someone in the NCIS writing room has no concept on how Intelligence Agencies actually work, within the US and outside. But that's for a different thread...I just don't know which.
We are going to be rocking through the night here Smokey!"
So join us at the NCIS board!
Old 03-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

^Yes, exactly Maddie. S6 actually had some great episodes, but if you think about the season as a whole, it definitely wasn't the strongest. And that includes how many of the characters were written and whatnot.

I don't think we have a thread for that LOL. Unless someone wants to make a rant thread, but eh I usually dislike them since they get really heated.

As a positive note, I really liked the Tali chat they had when they first met. Looking back at it, it surprises me that Ziva disclosed such personal information to a guy she barely knows. Plus, the flirtiness and the prego/toda lines slay me. They were all up in each other's personal spaces and didn't even know each other. <3
Old 03-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
^Yes, exactly Maddie. S6 actually had some great episodes, but if you think about the season as a whole, it definitely wasn't the strongest. And that includes how many of the characters were written and whatnot.

I don't think we have a thread for that LOL. Unless someone wants to make a rant thread, but eh I usually dislike them since they get really heated.

As a positive note, I really liked the Tali chat they had when they first met. Looking back at it, it surprises me that Ziva disclosed such personal information to a guy she barely knows. Plus, the flirtiness and the prego/toda lines slay me. They were all up in each other's personal spaces and didn't even know each other. <3
They tend to breed more hate for ship-wars, and I'm pretty sure NCIS doesn't need that.

And speaking of, did do away with the "anti" threads?

And the rant I had was more along the lines of how they portray Eli David as having serious power in Israel. Yeah he's Mossad director but they make it seem like he's the be-all end-all of Israel. He's only the equivalent of the NCIS director or any other Intelligence agency head. Well, okay maybe more than NCIS but he's the equivalent of whoever runs black ops.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

No, you're still allowed to have anti-threads, but it depends on whether the mods of the board agree to it. I think most boards don't have it anymore because of how nasty and ugly it's gotten in the past.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Addicted Fan

I'd imagine so, I'm thankful we don't do it here XD We all respect what we ship, but for the most part I feel people are either gen-watchers here or they like/are indifferent to TIVA. It's nice to live in peace XD
Old 03-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzlephrat (View Post)
I'd imagine so, I'm thankful we don't do it here XD We all respect what we ship, but for the most part I feel people are either gen-watchers here or they like/are indifferent to TIVA. It's nice to live in peace XD
AMEN on that haha.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

I love living in peace, which is why FF and Tumblr are my favorite NCIS spots. LJ can still get bad once in awhile.