Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules166 (View Post)

I'll be really sad if we never got a love scene with Tiva after YEARS AND YEARS of waiting...

Anyway, what do you guys think?

i don't really need a love scene. what i saw in the promos is fair enough for me. looks like they finally admit what they feel for each other and that is the only thing that counts.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:07 PM
New Fan

Hi, I just want to do a quick hit and run here. I'm having all the feels about tonight's episode, and I don't know what to do with myself.

[I'll try to be careful about spoilers, but just watch out if you haven't seen the ep yet.]

As much as I don't like Ziva leaving, I feel like--with the time they were given--the writers have done a pretty good job with her exit. Sure, I selfishly wanted to see Ziva in more scenes, perhaps in at least one more episode, but I understand it's such a delicate situation and I think they really did deliver.

I just really want to praise Michael and Cote on this episode. I thought their dancing scene from last season was superb, genius even, and I love love love that scene, but oh MAN! Their kiss in this episode was just... so real and heart wrenching. I honestly felt like I was in their shoes, and I was just about ready to go cry in a fetal position in some corner. Just---OMG!

I've been rooting for Tiva since day one, but the will they/won't they for the past 8 years actually worked for them, seeing this ending. I think they both have issues to work with by themselves, and I am really glad that the writers didn't give us a half-a$$ed, last-minute getting together for the sake of getting together. The way they left Tiva was realistic and mature, and in a way, that made it easier for me to say goodbye.

And I guess I have to thank the writers also for that ending. Whether it is likely or not, I hope Ziva comes back sometime in the future, even just as a flashback or a guest star or something.

I have no doubt that Ziva's "replacement" [let's be real, she's irreplaceable] will fit into the team. They've done a good job thus far. But I really hope that they won't give Tony a new love interest just yet. Give him some time [that is to say, give the fans some time].

So... these are my 2 cents. I said I'd be quick, but I lied. I do feel a bit better now though.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:30 AM
Master Fan

I respect your opinion, of course.

But, I personally feel CHEATED as a fan.

You wait for 8 years, and one of character is LEAVING. And you still don't get a love scene? That's ridiculous, in my opinion. The writers know the Tiva fanbase is huge. But did they even give the fans a love scene? Nope.

We already got 2 Tiva kisses in season 3. So getting another kiss isn't good enough at this point.

And it wasn't really Cote's decision to leave. It was more about NCIS not wanting to pay her equal amount as Michael's salary.

Also, I can't help but feel bitter. In season 7, things were really looking up for Tiva. He saved her life. It would have been a great time to continue with their storyline. Instead, we got seasons 8 and 9 which barely moved the Tiva storyline forward. Then CBS/NCIS, the most successful drama, couldn't give Cote an EQUAL pay as Michael? That's ridiculous. You have a hit show making millions, and you can't equal the pay of a female actress to the male actor?

I also have a feeling that the ratings will go down from episodes 3 and on. I'm sure the ratings for this episode with Ziva's farewell were huge. But after she is gone, I can't see a lot of Tiva fans sticking around at all. The show will survive, of course. But it will lose a good amount of viewers.

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 10-02-2013, 03:40 AM
Elite Fan

We were cheated because they made us wait too long and now we cannot have Tiva but I am happy with what they gave us. They did a wonderful job with what they had, especially since they had to rewrite things because Cote was leaving. Not having a love scene does not bother me as in my head they have slept together either during their time together then or in earlier episodes (E.G. Paris, Berlin). I do not need to see that, I can just fill in the blanks and make up my own story of what happened. I like not having those blanks filled too as it leaves more to interpretation and imagination. There is also the fact that not everyone will have wanted to see them together as not all NCIS fans are Tiva shippers so having too much Tiva may just upset a few fans. There are no real winners here with Cote leaving, but at least they tried to tie up lose ends, have them admit their feelings, and did a good job with closure. Cote and Michael did a wonderful job with their scenes in the episode . I also do not feel that a love scene would have fitted in anywhere in that episode or the storyline they decided to go with. I like what they have done because it is left open if Cote wants to return at some point. Hopefully they do not pair Tony up with anyone else, at least not now anyway.

The one thing I wanted (other than the kiss) was for them or one of them to say 'I love you' which we almost got but not quite so as much as I loved that scene I do feel a little upset that we did not get that. But on the other hand it was a sweet scene and Tony was being Tony in it which made the scene perfect for them .
Old 10-02-2013, 04:48 AM
Loyal Fan

I didnt had time to wrap my head around the episode so my opinion might change in a couple of hours but for now i feel like we got robbed.

This is probably more of a rant then anything else so see it like that.

The whole build-up to this was a constant tease from cbs and in the end all the stuff they said was a LIE.
I could have understood it if the whole episode was basically just tony and ziva, but it wasnt.
It was the same thing CBS always did 50% of the episode about a case and 50& about the ncis characters and their storys.

That works sometimes even if i think they should always concentrate more on gibbs and his team, their relationships and personal lifes etc.

But this time the 50% werent not enough........not even a little bit, the episode should have focused completely on the characters.

Its frustrating that NCIS barely goes out of their pattern in storytelling etc, this was a episode that should have done that but didnt.

Year after year CBS did tease and play with the fans knowing how much people like the whole tony and ziva story, yet they did everything to drag it out and play with us.
They had this fantastic thing going on between those characters but decided to do the same they did with JAG, knowing how bad that worked.
The Actors and the writers also didnt push forward enough, they barely let them explore to a degree they should have.

Then we have the fans that just accepted everything and saw the best in all(Trust in Gary Glasberg and stuff),now we stand before a broken mirror and can do anything about it anymore.

---------------------------------

The Episode had its moments, the orange grove for example was just fantastic, but again they didnt use it as they should.

It was the moment were those two characters should have let their guard down completely, no badges or rules.
Nothing that holds them back, a scene were they despite their fears they let it all out and talk about what they feel for each other.
A scene were they could have talked about the past and their future.....but no they sitll held back.

Again they decided to tip toe around to have all options open.
But since season 7 there is no other option when it comes to those two characters.

They really did go J.A.G on us......the final scene was also the one that did the most.

Like many times the writers messed up in that scene.
After the promo i was expecting that they find a weak explanation on why ziva stays in israel............there were at least 50 better ways to end zivas story for now, and they choose one of the bad ones.

She didnt had to go back to ncis, that was not neccessary but letting her in israel feels just wrong.

I dont wanna right more for now because my opinion can change but for now this is basically how i feel about the situation.......for now.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

I have to check it out. Looks like a bittersweet ending. I will miss Ziva so much .
Old 10-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Extreme Fan

The truth is that i expected more and i wanted them to talk about their feelings or what happened in Paris/Berlin.Thos scenes though were just epic.SO beautiful and heartbreaking.
Michael tweeted that they had filmed another Tiva kiss some years ago but was never aired!

Last edited by huddy88; 10-03-2013 at 06:53 AM
Old 10-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by desy1156 (View Post)
Hi, I just want to do a quick hit and run here. I'm having all the feels about tonight's episode, and I don't know what to do with myself.

[I'll try to be careful about spoilers, but just watch out if you haven't seen the ep yet.]

As much as I don't like Ziva leaving, I feel like--with the time they were given--the writers have done a pretty good job with her exit. Sure, I selfishly wanted to see Ziva in more scenes, perhaps in at least one more episode, but I understand it's such a delicate situation and I think they really did deliver.

I just really want to praise Michael and Cote on this episode. I thought their dancing scene from last season was superb, genius even, and I love love love that scene, but oh MAN! Their kiss in this episode was just... so real and heart wrenching. I honestly felt like I was in their shoes, and I was just about ready to go cry in a fetal position in some corner. Just---OMG!

I've been rooting for Tiva since day one, but the will they/won't they for the past 8 years actually worked for them, seeing this ending. I think they both have issues to work with by themselves, and I am really glad that the writers didn't give us a half-a$$ed, last-minute getting together for the sake of getting together. The way they left Tiva was realistic and mature, and in a way, that made it easier for me to say goodbye.

And I guess I have to thank the writers also for that ending. Whether it is likely or not, I hope Ziva comes back sometime in the future, even just as a flashback or a guest star or something.

I have no doubt that Ziva's "replacement" [let's be real, she's irreplaceable] will fit into the team. They've done a good job thus far. But I really hope that they won't give Tony a new love interest just yet. Give him some time [that is to say, give the fans some time].

So... these are my 2 cents. I said I'd be quick, but I lied. I do feel a bit better now though.
I can only hope that the writers will actually develop Ziva's replacement because I don't think that was done with Kate and that the writers allowed everyone to walk all over Jenny and I don't get the impression that Tony is going to go all over the world searching for just anyone either and that Tony and Ziva clearly love each other even if it is never said out loud. I hope that the writers will give the replacement a chance to fit in realistically but, I won't be surprised if that doesn't happen because to me the writers failed with both Kate and Jenny in my honest opinion.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 10-03-2013, 03:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules166 (View Post)

I also have a feeling that the ratings will go down from episodes 3 and on. I'm sure the ratings for this episode with Ziva's farewell were huge. But after she is gone, I can't see a lot of Tiva fans sticking around at all. The show will survive, of course. But it will lose a good amount of viewers.
it is possible that the ratings will go down, because people are sad about ziva leaving, but if the writers stay as good as they have been the last years people will come back. tiva was a huge thing in this show, but it is still called ncis and not tiva. i am convinced that people realize that later and watch, because is is a great show and to me the best show ever
( i know that is just my opinion, others have other shows).7/8 of the team is still there. so we should continue to enjoy watching them.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwanda (View Post)
it is possible that the ratings will go down, because people are sad about ziva leaving, but if the writers stay as good as they have been the last years people will come back. tiva was a huge thing in this show, but it is still called ncis and not tiva. i am convinced that people realize that later and watch, because is is a great show and to me the best show ever
( i know that is just my opinion, others have other shows).7/8 of the team is still there. so we should continue to enjoy watching them.
I think that we will have to wait and see and I am glad that Abby is still there but, I feel that Ziva was a female character that the writers actually developed but, I felt that the writers didn't do much with Jenny or Kate when they were there and also who knows how much longer "NCIS" will be on the air as far as new episodes as there is going to be a day when "NCIS" does end. I wouldn't want to be the new female lead but, I wish her the best of luck and I hope that she will be properly developed and written for and not treated like an outsider and given a real chance to succeed.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 10-04-2013, 02:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

The honest truth is that fans watch a show for different reasons. Some watch the show because they like procedurals and the whole mystery/who is the killer suspense. Others watch shows for romance/love.

It depends on why the fans watched NCIS in the first place.

I personally discovered the show when Ziva came on in season 3. I haven't seen any season 1/2 episodes. What caught my attention right away was the banter/chemistry between Tiva. That's why I watched.

Anyway, that's my personal reason for watching. I like all the actors/characters. But my main draw was Tiva.

So as a Tiva fan, the show no longer holds any interest for me.

If others watched for NCIS in general, well, they'll keep watching. I just think that if there are fans (and there are) who ONLY watched for Tiva, then for them, I don't see anything interesting. It's not like they'll ship Tony with some new girl. It's not how it works. You can't just build a couple for like 8-9 seasons, and then introduce a new love interest.

To each their own, honestly, it depends on who watches the show for what...

I feel like without Ziva/Tiva, NCIS is once again only a procedural type of a show. I don't see much difference with Criminal Minds/NCIS/CSI/Hawaii 5 O/Mentalist/etc...I feel like the character of Ziva was very unique on tv. You don't see a lead female Massad agent EVER. And Cote added a lot to make Ziva memorable. The whole Tiva thing was really unique because you had a US agent/Massad agent falling in love, different cultures/different backgrounds. Something unique.

Without Tiva, it's back to the basics, in my opinion. Each week, new case. Case gets solved. Abby does her wok at the lab. Gibbs is quiet/stubborn. Tony makes jokes.

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 10-04-2013, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You are very right about this. I assume ratings might go down a bit, but people will come back. This show has been successful even before Tiva became that huge, and when the writers keep that level up, it will still be the successful show it has always been

I agree though that Ziva's character was absolutely unique, and for the past 8 years, she has made the show what it is now (for me). It's going to be very hard watching the first episodes without her for me, but I cannot let go of this show, I just love it too much.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:32 AM
Elite Fan

The ratings may go down, but I doubt that it will be too much of a drop. Some will stop because the show holds no interest for them anymore but others will keep with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Love (View Post)
I agree though that Ziva's character was absolutely unique, and for the past 8 years, she has made the show what it is now (for me). It's going to be very hard watching the first episodes without her for me, but I cannot let go of this show, I just love it too much.
I agree with this, to a point. Ziva always caught my attention as interesting and before her I paid no attention to the show at all. I still do not care that much for the first two seasons but through Chelle I have watched them and I know with her she will continue with the show so most likely I will too. There is more to the show than just Ziva/Tiva. There are many who watch for just them or one of those things and for them they may just stop but there may be others like me who may have developed an interest in the show enough to see what it is like without her in it.

However if they are going to bring in a new love interest for Tony any time soon I will be ignoring the show as they cannot do that after all they put us through with Tiva and how they ended things with them .

Credit.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
However if they are going to bring in a new love interest for Tony any time soon I will be ignoring the show as they cannot do that after all they put us through with Tiva and how they ended things with them .
I really hope they will not bring in a new love interest for Tony. I think they have made it so clear after this episode that Tony wants to be with Ziva, no matter what, and he wants to spend his life with her, it would hurt too much to see him get a new love interest.

I still strongly believe that whenever this show ends, Tiva will get their happy end.

I love that art, it's so bittersweet. I love the lyrics you used

"Hardest 180 of my life."
Old 10-04-2013, 04:49 AM
Elite Fan

I agree and feel the same about them and the episode. They made it seem like it is possible that she could come back once she finds herself and they could be together. Even if Cote does not come back they could say she has come back for him and she is being a grocer or something now . Bringing in a new love interest will drive people away so I do have some hope and faith in them to not do that to us.

I hope they do have their happy ending .

I loved it too which is why I had to share it in here. Bittersweet but beautifully done. Just like the episode . I never made it, one of the many talented fans on Tumblr did. I had enough trouble taking screencaps to make icons, I could not make gifs too .
Closed Thread   Post New Thread