Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2020, 11:47 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Oh, I know...

It's one of the things they changed after s1 When they decided that they want to keep "Fornell" as a recurring character
Old 11-21-2020, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. It was obvious they were evolving the character's histories. And Fornell's is the biggest change. But I love the friendship between Gibbs and Fornell. You can tell the actors are having a blast over the years.

Also Gibbs is recorded in Season 1 as clarifying to Kate that he he only had been married three times.

We would later learn about the fourth, Shannon. Although you can buy he was simply burying that time in his life until he was a victim of the explosion, and it all came right back. Although he made a comment of it to Ziva earlier I believe.

It definitely was a different era with Kate. For someone in the secret service. She had a hard time time believing a suspect was bad. She was supposed to be a dynamite profiler, but she wanted to believe the best in everyone. While she got it wrong...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 05:11 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I remember things about his ex-wives being said. But no one knew about Shannon. Its only when he learns that Ziva did a background check on everyone that he takes her aside & says something to her about it. I think that's the first we learn about it too. Otherwise he hides it all so makes sense he'd say he's only been married 3 times

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I wasn't too keen on Gibbs of s1... Dating random redheads and even starting affairs with suspects... But luckily around s2 or beginning of s3 his personality got changed for the better with the introduction of Kelly & Shannon...

Yeah, Kate as a profiler... She was one of the most trusting agents the show ever had... Liked her as a character, but was always unable to believe that she was a criminal profiler of any sorts...
Old 12-19-2021, 09:55 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Just finished rewatching s1...

It was refreshing to re-watch how everything started. To be honest I skipped a couple episodes, but in watched the majority around 15-20 out of 23 episodes.

I didn't remember the case with the agent, who was placed at NCIS Hawai'i - at Pearl Harbor -, and it was wonderful to see Paula Cassidy again. She was a cool agent, and knew exactly how to push Tony's buttons

I've also forgotten that every episode had a different angle, and background to it - later on there was definitely less travelling - minus Israel & Paris of course...

Ari is still a crazy memorable character, 1x23 was still interesting, especially in retrospect. That episode also made me wander, if they've been told about Sasha wanting to exit in s2, or they just came up with Gibbs' nightmare of Kate lying in autopsy... Also, after 1x23, I feel that things could have gone very differently with Ari & Kate, if Sasha didn't leave the show - I mean that Ari could have become a good guy, unlikely, but in television nothing is impossible, or he would have been a more lasting menace in Kate's life...

Lastly, 1x22 was the first episode, where we've seen a glimpse of Gibbs grieving - when he lit the candles at the Catholic church - Kate asked him whether he lost someone, and he had that Gibbs look

Side not, I'm too lazy to hunt for the Abby & McGee thread, but by the season finale it was obvious that they were simple better as best friends, and not as a couple...
Old 12-19-2021, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Paula Cassidy was a good character.

Half of the stuff you mentioned I don't remember I wish I could have the time to do a rewatch of the whole series
Old 12-19-2021, 11:34 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Do it in small amounts maybe Steph?

I think they always had Gibbs' history in mind from the start. They just only revealed it in pieces.

It'd be interesting to know what their plans for Ari were from the start. Was he just a random one off appearance or something more? Did they know about Sasha earlier? Or a better question -when did they know about her. Was he only brought back to write her out? Or were they hoping to do something more with them? Did they want him to be a long term enemy or potentially turn good for her... lots of interesting questions...

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-20-2021, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I don't know about always, but by s1 definitely That's when they had also started to develop the Gibbs & Fornell friendship

Chelle, all very interesting questions - which will most likely be never answered It's up there with the gag reels
Old 12-21-2021, 12:50 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't think they had the whole history but I think they wanted him to have the ex-wives at least from the start. Then they started filling in the gaps. But I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted him to have the daughter who'd died from the start or at least early on.

Questions that are highly unlikely to get an answer to. But never know, we did eventually get the boat answered

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-21-2021, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

They were definitely filling in the gaps

True

But I think Ari & Kate is a different story... Since none of the actors will ever come back to the show, I doubt that anyone would go into details about the original plans... Though there could be something for the 20th anniversary of s1, if the show reaches s20...
Old 12-21-2021, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I could do it in small bits, it would probably take me years though to finish
Old 12-21-2021, 10:28 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I think it'd have to be some sort of retrospective special or something

Steph

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 12-21-2021, 10:59 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Maybe they do something like that mext year

Steph
Old 09-10-2023, 06:58 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Anyone have any favourite moments or memories from this season they want to share?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-11-2023, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Not sure about favourite, but Ari & Bete Noire has been the first episode I can remember... It was really scary to watch, when I first saw it in 2003...

... sorry for the French dub...