Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

NCIS - "Power Down" (7.08) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Nov 17 @ 8PM)

NCIS 7.08 - "Power Down"
Original Airdate: November 17, 2009 @ 8PM

source

Episode Summary
A lieutenant is murdered during a robbery that leads to a citywide blackout,
and the team must rely on bare-bones detective work rather than technology to solve the crime
source
Old 11-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They should call this 'old men still rule'
landlfan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

I actually think the older viewers would love that.

Thanks for starting the new thread, Steph.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is it Tuesday yet?

Old 11-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep Yaz.

Ron.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
Yep Yaz.

Ron.
Well.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Loyal Fan

ET interview with Michael and Cote about tonight episode: A Blackout Leaves 'NCIS'' Case In The Dark
Quote:
When an attempted robbery leaves a lieutenant dead and the entire city in a blackout, the "NCIS" team is called upon to figure out what happened -- and they are forced to use old-fashioned methods.

"It becomes a 'Barney Miller'-like '70s cop show, which none of us are particularly good at except for Gibbs [ Mark Harmon ], because Gibbs has got this grab bag full of '70s stuff," Michael Weatherly , who stars as Tony DiNozzo, tells ET.

The team is in the dark with no Internet, no phones, no elevator and no coffee or vending machines.

"We didn't have any computers, so we're going around with little pieces of paper and putting them on the plasma," adds Cote de Pablo , who plays Ziva. "There was a lot of McGee [ Sean Murray ] and Tony banter, which was really funny. Tony orders McGee around pretending that McGee is a computer and [he tries] to click McGee so that he would start talking and giving all the information."

Last edited by Alyss; 11-17-2009 at 01:35 PM
Alyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyss (View Post)
ET interview with Michael and Cote about tonight episode: A Blackout Leaves 'NCIS'' Case In The Dark
thanks so much for posting!!! i can't WAIT for the new episode! four more hours, yayyyy!!! best part of my tuesday!
qirjanran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyss (View Post)
Love it
Old 11-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Addicted Fan

This was an awesome team work episode, no shippy stuff at all. Just amazing camaraderie. I loooooove it. I laughed so much during this episode.

Favorite bit so far is when they catch the bad guy and Tony does a movie - like "voice over" and greatest line? "Book 'em Dan-Ozzo!"
We are going to be rocking through the night here Smokey!"
So join us at the NCIS board!
razzlephrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

At the pic Ron!

OMG I have to agree! This episode was all kinds of awesomeness because it showed us exactly why it is so successful and tv's number 1 show, imo. The teamwork in it was spectacular. I was laughing so hard as well! Even Gibbs got in on the action with the last line as you pointed it. I loved McGee in the elevator with Ziva and having a total freakout. I didn't know he was so claustrophobic. And I loved how Ziva was just sitting there being all kickass even though she was doing nothing. That was awesome. AND WE GOT PALMER! And he was totally hilarious too! I loved his moment with Gibbs and Ducky when he says something like, "Who did it?" and Gibbs is like, "Who?" and then Palmer says he doesn't know. That was totally priceless. I could go on and on about how much this episode rocked, but I'll stop here and just say that I loved it times a million. Might be my fav episode of the season. Oh and I loved Abby trying to make her own Caf Pow! Awesome! Oh and then the shot of whiskey, even better. Yeah, totally awesome ep.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Kenton (View Post)
At the pic Ron!

OMG I have to agree! This episode was all kinds of awesomeness because it showed us exactly why it is so successful and tv's number 1 show, imo. The teamwork in it was spectacular. I was laughing so hard as well! Even Gibbs got in on the action with the last line as you pointed it. I loved McGee in the elevator with Ziva and having a total freakout. I didn't know he was so claustrophobic. And I loved how Ziva was just sitting there being all kickass even though she was doing nothing. That was awesome. AND WE GOT PALMER! And he was totally hilarious too! I loved his moment with Gibbs and Ducky when he says something like, "Who did it?" and Gibbs is like, "Who?" and then Palmer says he doesn't know. That was totally priceless. I could go on and on about how much this episode rocked, but I'll stop here and just say that I loved it times a million. Might be my fav episode of the season. Oh and I loved Abby trying to make her own Caf Pow! Awesome! Oh and then the shot of whiskey, even better. Yeah, totally awesome ep.
The book um line is the best this year. Gibbs' WWII flashlight & Polaroid. a 5 star episode.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

I adored this episode! It was such a fun, humorous one. I didn't expect we would get Tiva moments since there was so much in the last episode, but I loved all the team work. The whole team was working as a unit, and trying to solve this case with no modern technology. It was hysterical, especially since I would probably feel lost without my electronics, hee. I enjoyed all the twist and turns of the case and the buildup to the end.

I enjoyed how Gibbs took charge of the whole situation. I mean, he's the leader and he always has to, but this time was different. His team was so helpless with the blackout, and he guided them through it all. It was a more pressing hand on his part, which was awesome.

Hah, I'm surprised that McGee seemed more claustrophobic than Ziva. It was hilarious how he was getting on her nerves. I can't imagine what would happen if Tony had been in there too. He might not have survived with Ziva there. LOL.

Yay for Palmer being included in this episode! I laughed so hard when I saw that other agents were storing drinks in Ducky's lab. And Palmer was so excited for his first sit-rep. Oh it's good to have him back.

Abby was precious as always. So cute the way the four of them were at her lab sifting through the fingerprint cards. It just warmed my heart, especially since we had so many adorable BTS pictures from that scene. It was cute that she asked Gibbs to come down just to tell him that she won't be 100% with her lab gone, and how she asked them to bring in lemons to start up her radio. How I love this girl! <3

The McGee/Tony banter was up to par. Loved the clicking they did on each other. Even Gibbs found it highly amusing that McGee was giving Tony a taste of his own medicine. And the flipping coin scene was hilarious! I knew that Tony was going to leave, and I thought it was cute that Ziva went with him. They slay me.

I think I'm going to rewatch this episode real soon. It was such a light-hearted episode, without seeming filler-ish at all. I enjoyed it immensely.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ very well put as usual.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Extreme Fan

yup, you put it ALL perfectly, chase the memories! just such a great team episode. i'm a huge TZ fan [and mcabby!] but i know we've gotten spoiled by all the shippy moments in the past eps so it was nice to just go back to a team episode because I LOVE THIS TEAM!

it was so great to see gibbs in charge. usually they make fun of gibbs for his lack of knowledge about the current technology, but for this episode, it was the other three who were helpless without their computers and fax machines and cameras... gibbs stepped in to show them how it's done, old school style!

so glad they had palmer around, i really wish the'yd use him more, i just love him! and abby was awesome in her lab hehe. LOVED my four down in her lab and looking for fingerprints. "only took all night." just adored that, especially since that was the scene we had those amazing BTS pictures from!

and the boys were awesome, mcgee and tony hehe.

loved the end, where just when they're appreciating life WITHOUT the electricity, the lights come on and they're right back to frantically being online again hahaha. and gibbs jsut takes a minute to enjoy the peace.

LOVE htis show, love this team, already want it to be next tuesday!
qirjanran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread