Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2015, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think they are going to kill him off. They gotta have something big to make sure the viewers come back next season.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

[QUOTE=nuwanda;81506636]haven't watched the ep yet (will try tomorrow), but reading about the end scene i am thinking about what's next:

3. if ncis wants to stay a bit realistic tony is going to be fired because if he didn't shoot luke and gibbs died because of that vance couldn't tolerate that even if he had warmed to him. he couldn't let that slide and that means no tony, no gibbs next season and that is

Well, if as you guessed (and I'm betting you are correct since they would be killing off NCIS if they kill Gibbs), it was all planned then, of course, Tony would not have needed to shoot Luke and so no firing. There. Leave my Tony alone
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Boop (View Post)

Leave my Tony alone
i would never do anything to "your" tony - he is my favourite character - along with abby.

episode thoughts:
- it's odd that dorneget admired tony's relationship with his father. think he knew only half of it then. but on the other hand if you don't have a father you wish to have one even with a weird relationship.
- liked what palmer said to ned's mother
- funny when vance said to mcgee: "dig with headphones".
- bishop and tony trying to catch the kid in front of the campus. then couldn't even be counted as rookie mistakes, that was beyond stupid
-maybe dorneget's mother was right when she told gibbs that luke is playing him, but he looked scared when the other kid showed up at gibbs' house.
- i think franks is just the voice to gibbs' thoughts. that and the talking to himself in the morgue might be another indication for a second retirering.
end scene:
-looks like my theory of the faked bullets is wrong, because how were they able to organize something like this? they must have started it before luke was taken out of gibbs' house.
- if you can rewatch the scene do it. when gibbs got hit in the leg it looks like he is wearing something under his pants (or it was just a real bandage mark harmon needs).
-tony didn't shoot luke because he was on the phone, therefore distracted and separated from the scene as was ned's mother.

so, everything is still possible. and we have to wait for september to get to know
and i repeat myself: no other show makes me think so much about their characters. i just hope they are all still there next season
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwanda (View Post)
i would never do anything to "your" tony - he is my favourite character - along with abby.
a) OK then.

b) About Franks. Yeah. That's always had me a bit puzzled. I kept wondering why Franks would basically ... for instance ... blame Gibbs for the death of all those people. But I figured out the same thing you did last night. It's essentially Gibbs talking to himself through the person of Franks. Interesting that, since that is the case, he seems to battle with himself... blaming himself for the deaths... then reminding himself of all the many people he'd saved...and then going back and forth with that.

(c) The moment they played that music Luke was listening to, I knew there was a tie in. Daniel is brainwashing these kids. Unbelievable. Can't wait for the new season.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:00 PM
New Fan

Hate to tell you this, but events happen in real life that TPTB don't want fans to know about. Networks, studios, producer/writers and actors are living, breathing entities on their own. Although I have never worked in the entertainment industry, I've known several people who have (do), and the stories I've heard are often stranger than anything the writers can dream up.

Take the Cote de Pablo debacle. Although the network was willing to give her an enormous bump in pay, she wanted parity with Michael Weatherly and that was never going to happen, for any number of reasons, which are not pertinent to this thread. So long, Ziva.

The fact is that this past season was the last of Mark Harmon's contract. There are two reasons why he would choose not to re-new. The first is that he's playing much younger than his actual age. Although by my calculations Gibbs is only 57, Harmon will be 64 in August. 12 to 14 hour days may no longer be appealing to a man who doesn't covet fame and scarcely needs the money.

The second and much more likely scenario is that the longer a show is on the air, the more expensive it is to produce, mostly because of increases in salaries. With NCIS losing a few million domestic viewers this year,the network might have asked Harmon to take a cut in pay. Harmon would view that as very disrespectful and would not take kindly to it.

If anyone caught him on Corden this week, he seemed oddly different, displaying a rather subdued demeanor, whereas he is normally jovial and happy on talk shows. He said two things that struck me as kind of peculiar. The first was that this show has proven to be actor proof and can go on without anyone. The second, when asked further,was that staying or leaving was not his choice. I deduced that he felt that his back is against a wall and that TPTB were actually making the choice for him.

By coincidence, I have a friend who works at CBS, although in a completely different division. But she asked around for me. Her two line answer was terse, but reading between the lines, I got the distinct impression that this scenario was not far from the truth.

I had mentioned the de Pablo mess to her and said that I didn't think Dornegat's death would spur the team to catch the perpetrators, but that most certainly Gibbs's death would. Her answer was that my musings were closer to the truth than I could possibly imagine according to her sources.

Although I think the network would be shooting itself in the foot because in my opinion, there is no show without Gibbs and I certainly wouldn't watch, even though it is probably one of my favorite shows of all time, networks are greedy by nature and nothing would surprise me. So if Gibbs is dead come September, don't be surprised.
CANARSIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi, welcome to the board CANARSIE.

Very interesting what you had to say about the possibility of Harmon not returning and reason why and also what your friend kind of eluded to. Guess we will know for sure one way or the other if/when CBS makes an announcement.

It was nice that we found out a little bit about Dorneget in this ep. I like how he didn't tell anyone his family background because he didn't want special attention.

Did anyone think Luke was ever trying to help with the case, or just playing Gibbs the whole time... like Teague and Frank's said? I am just on the fence. I mean at times he seemed like he was, but then towards the end, well he wasn't. And how did the one kid find out where he was staying?

Have we ever heard what rule 36 was?

Creepy how Morse code was built into the songs the kids were listening to.

All the Franks and Gibbs scenes we good. Especially the one toward the end

The ending bugged me a little. Why they all split up to find the girl? I mean, I get whey they did it, but at the same time, I don't. Once Teague and DiNozzo saw that Gibbs had found the girl, why didn't they get to him quicker? I know Teague was being distracted, but Tony could have gotten over there while talking on his phone. He should have known something was about to happen when the guy they were looking for called him and was chatting with him.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)

Did anyone think Luke was ever trying to help with the case, or just playing Gibbs the whole time... like Teague and Frank's said? I am just on the fence. I mean at times he seemed like he was, but then towards the end, well he wasn't. And how did the one kid find out where he was staying?

Have we ever heard what rule 36 was?

The ending bugged me a little. Why they all split up to find the girl? I mean, I get whey they did it, but at the same time, I don't. Once Teague and DiNozzo saw that Gibbs had found the girl, why didn't they get to him quicker? I know Teague was being distracted, but Tony could have gotten over there while talking on his phone. He should have known something was about to happen when the guy they were looking for called him and was chatting with him.
if he was just playing gibbs he is a real good actor. i think he was shocked that people got actually killed here, especially his parents. i think he wanted to help and as i said before he looked scared when the other kid showed up at gibbs' house to get him. how the other kid found out i don't know. either the leader told him (it is not that difficult to find out where gibbs takes the people who needs his protection) or luke didn't feel like he pretended.

rule 36 is: if it feels like you are being played you probably are. (Can't remember how often it was being used just remember tony saying it to the secnav (jarvis) when he wanted out of the mission jarvis assigned him to in season 9 - first ep)

don't know about the splitting up either. and tony knew there was something off he was looking around trying to find out where the man on the phone was.

i think the whole scene or maybe the whole ep was hinky to quote abby.
there were a lot of signs that gibbs was being played, but there also were some signs that the team played the bad guys. think we have to wait till september to find out.

Last edited by nuwanda; 06-09-2015 at 08:06 PM
Old 05-17-2015, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Every thing you said nuwanda makes sense. I also think he was shocked people got killed and I also think he wanted to help. I guess the main reason I was still questioning if he was playing Gibbs is because he was still listening to the coded music after everything. I would think he wouldn't do that if he didn't want anything to do with that group.

Thank you for rule 36.

Agreed with your last sentence. It did seem like there were a lot of signs. Will be interesting to find out what happens next though.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
. Will be interesting to find out what happens next though.

It's gonna be a long long time till September!!!!!!
I want a Petition: No more cliffhangers.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANARSIE (View Post)
Hate to tell you this, but events happen in real life that TPTB don't want fans to know about. Networks, studios, producer/writers and actors are living, breathing entities on their own. Although I have never worked in the entertainment industry, I've known several people who have (do), and the stories I've heard are often stranger than anything the writers can dream up.

Take the Cote de Pablo debacle. Although the network was willing to give her an enormous bump in pay, she wanted parity with Michael Weatherly and that was never going to happen, for any number of reasons, which are not pertinent to this thread. So long, Ziva.

The fact is that this past season was the last of Mark Harmon's contract. There are two reasons why he would choose not to re-new. The first is that he's playing much younger than his actual age. Although by my calculations Gibbs is only 57, Harmon will be 64 in August. 12 to 14 hour days may no longer be appealing to a man who doesn't covet fame and scarcely needs the money.

The second and much more likely scenario is that the longer a show is on the air, the more expensive it is to produce, mostly because of increases in salaries. With NCIS losing a few million domestic viewers this year,the network might have asked Harmon to take a cut in pay. Harmon would view that as very disrespectful and would not take kindly to it.

If anyone caught him on Corden this week, he seemed oddly different, displaying a rather subdued demeanor, whereas he is normally jovial and happy on talk shows. He said two things that struck me as kind of peculiar. The first was that this show has proven to be actor proof and can go on without anyone. The second, when asked further,was that staying or leaving was not his choice. I deduced that he felt that his back is against a wall and that TPTB were actually making the choice for him.

By coincidence, I have a friend who works at CBS, although in a completely different division. But she asked around for me. Her two line answer was terse, but reading between the lines, I got the distinct impression that this scenario was not far from the truth.

I had mentioned the de Pablo mess to her and said that I didn't think Dornegat's death would spur the team to catch the perpetrators, but that most certainly Gibbs's death would. Her answer was that my musings were closer to the truth than I could possibly imagine according to her sources.

Although I think the network would be shooting itself in the foot because in my opinion, there is no show without Gibbs and I certainly wouldn't watch, even though it is probably one of my favorite shows of all time, networks are greedy by nature and nothing would surprise me. So if Gibbs is dead come September, don't be surprised.
hmmm, very interesting.

Could it happen that they take him out for a season? kind of like what Criminal Minds did with Emily Prentiss? Like it looks like he was killed, but he wasn't and comes back later on? I mean, isn't the actor/actress's salary based on the episodes they do? If it is then if they take him out for a while then they wouldn't have to increase his salary until he comes back which would give them time to increase their income.....am I right?
Old 05-18-2015, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

From the earlier post , from the expression on Gibbs face , I don't think there is a rule 36.. Yeah he was hallucinating daydreaming about Franks ..
I stick with the thought of Gibbs dying , can't see it ending like this .. I would think all the fans , if he is to be killed off , can't be at the hands of a 12 yr old . Think of all the Terrorists who tried to kill him, only to be done in buy a brainwashed kid .
The finale left a lot of questions to be answered. Tony's lack of action stood out in the final scene.
The main theme was Gibbs not looking out for his own safety .. How it almost ( my guess ) his life .
Old 05-18-2015, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwanda (View Post)
It's gonna be a long long time till September!!!!!!
I want a Petition: No more cliffhangers.
Yes it is! And that would be nice! Much nicer with out them

There is a rule 36 though, Matt. Nuwanda, posted it (plus I looked it up to see what the name of the episode it was stated in). I agree with the rest of what you said.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
plus I looked it up to see what the name of the episode it was stated
just curious:which episode was that?
Old 05-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Here's the thing... about killing off Gibbs.

No offense but 64 is not that off from 57, IMHO. Though in this cse it's not really here nor thee

Why kill Gibbs off early in the next season. The show would tank. They have to know that. They'd lose all that money getting the new season started only to find it probably doesn't make it through mid-season. It makes no financial sense. I also agree with the fact that I don't see Mark Harmon allowing Gibbs to go out that way. Saving busload of school kids; keeping a Navy vessel somewhere from getting blown up? Or even saving the life of one of his team members. Then, IMHO, they can't solve this major case without Gibbs. In my head, it just does not compute.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Like I said. It could be that they are going to "kill him off" for a season and then bring him back later like CM did with Emily. Give little hints that he is still alive and you give fans the motive to continue watching.