Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2020, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am so confused at when things are being pushed out or not My DVR is showing NOLA and LA on for the next two weeks.

On a side note, I did like seeing what you said Leigh about Fire so far behind . That's my favorite out of all the Chicago shows But I hope the whole cast and crews of all the shows are safe.

Last edited by maplezbear; 12-31-2020 at 07:04 PM
Old 12-31-2020, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Filming is being pushed by a week. The shows are airing as normal this week, and probably next, but if they can't get back to set after that week, the next two will probably be delayed.

I'm not sure how far behind they are for sure. All the wolf shows have been doing these unscripted videos the past few months. Tracy Spirdakos from PD filmed hers in late Nov/early Dec and said they had just finished episode 5 (iirc), so they should be finishing 6 or starting 7 when they return, as filming takes longer right now. Fire was shut down for two weeks in November and only had the first two finished, so they're probably an episode or so behind at least.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-31-2020, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for explaining. That makes more sense then.

Ah ok. Hopefully they won't be too far behind. Glad PD has gotten a bit filmed at least (that's my 2nd favorite ). I remember seeing Fire was shut down but didn't remember for how long. Anyway, thanks for the info
Old 12-31-2020, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No problem

Unfortunately they're so linked that if one is delayed, they all are. Might mean the PD cast and crew finish their season earlier, though, assuming they don't get shut down too at some point.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-01-2021, 03:05 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

That's good that we'll have new episodes to watch, and it's a shame about the One Chicago shows being so linked that one delay the rest of them...

It's the one good thing about the lack of crossovers in the NCIS franchise is that all 3 shows can film/air separately, without affecting the other 2...
Old 01-01-2021, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love them being so linked overall, but in situations like this it can be difficult. They've still had actors crossing between the shows, which has surprised me.

The NCIS franchise definitely have it easier.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-01-2021, 04:56 PM
Graphics Team Manager

They're still doing their crossovers? Wow. That surprises me too. It is both great & sad that they are so connected. Great they can do the crossovers, & that they still can, however it is a shame it is so much so that if one gets delayed they all are affected. A shame that they couldn't write this season in a way which made them more individual but I guess it would've given the shows a different feel if they did & wouldn't allow them to tell the same stories

Looking at the upcoming listings we're getting a new episode on Jan 3 & Jan 10, then the next new ep doesn't air until Feb 14 so there will be a break after two episodes. Not sure if that was already planned or not
Old 01-01-2021, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not big crossovers, but they're still having the odd character from PD show up on Fire etc. I kinda thought that would be out of the question right now.

The big crossovers are generally at the beginning of the season now (episode 4 last season, 2 the season before), so that definitely couldn't happen, but apparently they're still hoping to do the usually mid-season (usually around episode 15) Fire/PD crossover at the end of the season. I can't see it, tbh, as it would to be filmed late March/Early April and I can't see things changing enough.

It's a good idea to delay. Even if it was the plan anyway because of fewer episodes.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-01-2021, 06:14 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That's what I presumed you meant. I would hope they wouldn't do the big ones. But like you I'd expect the little ones to be out of the question too

That's a shame they're still planning things too That sounds so risky

Agreed I was happy to see it as it did make me feel more like they might shut production down for longer or at least they can if needed
Old 01-01-2021, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I kinda get it in some ways as they have a cross-show couple and cross-show siblings, but that could be dealt with with references and calls, imo. When it comes to it being a story thing, they should probably use extras and not established characters from the other shows so they're not mixing unnecessarily.

I'm not convinced it'll go ahead. Illinois seems to be averaging around 7,000 cases a day, compared to California's 30,000, so the situations are hugely different, but 7,000 is still a lot. Too much to be considering a crossover unless cases are way down by mid-feb latest.

How many are they aiming for for the seasons? Wondering if it would be possible for them to cut the episode count down a little more so they can take more time.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-01-2021, 06:31 PM
Graphics Team Manager

There's ways around showing them together . You can do calls, split screens... ect. For their safety I am sure people won't mind not seeing those characters interact face to face for a while
Agreed about mixing extras instead

That's at least a lot better than what California is looking at but still a lot. Doesn't seem worth the risk. hopefully numbers go down by the time they film if they go ahead

LA is meant to have 18 while the other two have 16. I think they could cut down, especially LA since it has more than the other two
Old 01-01-2021, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We never see the couple or the siblings much anyway. I want more, I always have, but right now that should be references and calls, and tbh, when it comes to characters crossing over, it's quite frustrating to see the paramedics of Fire taking patients to the hospital in Med constantly as if it's the only hospital in the city. Would be so easy to say they went to a different hospital - no mixing that way, and no set sharing either.

It's too high right now to consider it. Hopefully they're keeping an eye on the situation and will base the decision on how it is developing.

One Chicago are all at 15. It should be possible for LA especially to cut a few. Each episode is now taking 10 days to film on average, so cutting a couple of episodes could potentially give them an extra week and a half per episode they could delay filming by. If LA went down to 16, they could possibly delay filming for three weeks.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-01-2021, 07:10 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I get taking them to that hospital but they shouldn't interact with the other cast if they're doing that. Its easier having one set that way & no need to create a new one. That way they just need to clean the parts of the set used by the other show & there is no unnecessary interacting. I do agree it would be easier to say they've gone to other hospitals every now & then though . Or even just say they're going there but don't show it. Show up until they get to the hospital so they don't need to enter

Here even within shows there are bubbles with crew & cast members not interacting. I believe the UK is doing the same? US shows though don't seem to be doing that so much . Maybe its just watching them makes them seem that way? LA definitely looks like bubbles in the cast. The way you describe One Chicago though sounds like they don't even have bubbles around the franchise let alone within the shows . If it was me I would've had no interactions between shows unless absolutely necessary. With larger casts limit interactions between characters by creating mini bubbles. For example, Fire if I remember has two fire crews & the paramedics? They could've had three bubbles with minimal interacts between them or greater distances put between them when they're at the station house. That to me would've been in the best interest of the crew to limit exposure & if there is a case in one bubble you shut that bubble down not the entire show. Especially if they have to shut down all three if there is one case! Shutting down part of a show would've been so much better. But maybe it wasn't feasible they felt to do that?

Agreed about the delay. LA can film faster than the other two shows which is why they got the higher amount but I presume it is still taking longer to film right now. Even with their clear bubbles. It doesn't hurt to make a few changes & cut down or keep the idea in mind just in case. Hopefully they are
Old 01-01-2021, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They could just not show the patient being dropped off That part is never really needed anyway,

There are bubbles, but everyone must still social distance within those bubbles, and actors remain socially distanced on screen (although one show seems to have stopped that now). For hugs etc. they're bring in actors RL partners. For one story a show wanted to drop social distancing for a bit so had the actors move in with each other for a period.

I think the PD cast is probably too small for that (although the LA cast is around the same size, so idk). Fire has three fire crews plus paramedics now, but they seem to be interacting with each other on screen, so I guess they consider each show a bubble, but really they need to be more careful with having people crossover. That's not needed. They've already had two shows shut down, don't want to make it three.

Just because they can do more doesn't mean they should, of course. They have to look at the situation and decide what's best for everyone. If that means delaying for a few weeks, so be it.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 01-01-2021, 08:40 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Exactly what I was thinking

Sounds like your bubbles are like ours. I think I had read that UK shows or soaps at least were looking to what we were doing with H&A & Neighbours to help work out what they would do

tbh I don't get why the LA cast is in bubbles unless its an age thing? PD I agree would be fine as one. Fire though should be three or four bubbles would've been wiser like that & then keep very limited to no interactions between shows as that is not necessary at all.

Quote:
Just because they can do more doesn't mean they should, of course. They have to look at the situation and decide what's best for everyone. If that means delaying for a few weeks, so be it.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top