Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2019, 02:04 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I couldn't find the DVd features, but I found a short interview about the stunts...

Eric & Daniela love the stunts... There's a scene where Deeks is leaning out from a window on the 16th floor of a building to get phone signal... He really did that...
Old 03-28-2020, 10:31 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Special Features:

Yippee Ki-Yay

Talks about behind the scenes things for episode 6.12 "Spiral". In the episode Callen is undercover & held hostage.

They talk about how they had to figure out how to put all the pieces together. People falling, things blowing up, guns firing, ect. Small spaces, stunt work, camera work, ect.

What you found Hanna looks like its from this

The World on a String

Talks about the location 'Bob Baker Marionette Theater'. People from the place also speak about it.

For the set they added the clown to the front because of Sam's fear of them

At one point they show ECO playing with a clown puppet, asking for ice cream from LL. LL then feeds ECO some ice cream

Part of the theatre (coat they call it?) was put together by the NCIS/Paramount team. They had this coat fabric stuff donated to them years ago but never had the funds to put it up, but along came the NCIS production team & they did it for them. I thought that was really nice

Turning Back Time

The co-executive producer/director Frank Militarys talk about how in 6x20 "Rage" they had a character who could be saved in the Callen jail storyline & how Callen could see himself in this character. He wanted to show Callen younger with Hetty watching over & stepping in to save him but checked with Shane if it'd work. Shane then suggested turning it into a flashback where you see Hetty 30 years younger. Linda wasn't sure how it would turn out but was happy to do it.

Chris Burgoyne, a make-up artist on the show, researched what Linda looked like back in around 1985. When they tested things they found Linda had looked after her skin well/aged well so they just needed to use pulls to pull back her skin to give herself a more smoothed skin. Linda really enjoyed the process. They all wanted to make sure that she still felt comfortable & could still embrace the character which I presume she could/was.

To de-age her they used computer technology too which co-producer Christopher J. Molnar says took them around a week to do it all. It was fun for them to do something different & play around with it.

Too Close for Comfort: Season 6 of NCIS: Los Angeles

The season supposedly started differently than how they planned? Not sure what they meant by that or if I misheard it...

Callen's journey showed out more, especially towards the end of the season. They come & go from it but this season brought it out. They also had Joelle find out the truth so Callen had to open up truthfully to someone for the first time.

Sam's personal life was revealed a bit more. We learned he had an older son. Found out more about who he is & what he's given up for the team. He took one for the team. The writers like to torture the characters. The contrast between how he presents himself/appears (mountain man) & him dealing with his daughter is also something fun for them to play with & show.

Chris & LL enjoy banter scenes between their characters.

Kensi's fighting through the reproductions of the previous season. She's quick to fight/be aggressive at least at the start. The reactions from the fans that Daniela saw or learned about was that fans didn't like that side coming out more.

Deeks gets affected by the internal affairs investigation. He had secrets stored up in a box which now are trying to come up & he needs to deal with it, but he also loves Kensi & doesn't want to drag her into it.

Kensi & Deeks became a thing! ECO was surprised that they actually did decide to move forward with their relationship, since a lot of shows don't. He was glad as audiences can get bored with the tease after a while (he says ten seasons), but here they get to see them together. The writers felt it was time to move forward with their relationship, not sit in the 'will they or won't they' place. Renee enjoyed watching it as a viewer. At this point they're still trying to find their way in their relationship, as well as how the team reacts to it too. LL says that he thinks Sam is fine with it personally, but professionally he doesn't want the relationship to put someone's life in danger. Chris says Callen has concerns over it, it may cause you take unnecessary risks. Daniela says they still have their banter where Deeks pushes her buttons, but now Kensi plays along & flirts a bit with him more.

Poor Beale was taken out of his safety place & beaten up & had a needle held to his neck. Barrett loved it. He enjoyed getting to have a stunt double for the first time. He was happy to do it all.

Nell & Beale had sweet moments. They tease, but don't confirm things.

Nell got a few more challenges. Renee says she became a big girl this year as she got her first kill. They got to explore how she reacted to going through that process, as well as her process trying to decide what is best for her.

Granger has been through a lot but inside he cares. Still waters run deep is a good way to describe the character. Sometimes his human side comes through . Miguel says he thinks Granger is probably closest to Sam. Miguel had fun playing the scenes when Granger was in the hospital after being poisoned. He found it interesting that Hetty tried to kill him one day.

Hetty is the mother, who has a different relationship with each character. She has an affinity for Kensi - a woman in what is traditionally a males role/world. Deeks is her prodigal son. Hetty & Sam share a warrior mentality, that's where they connect. Callen is obviously like a son to her. Nell is her protege. Then she looks out for Eric. Then Granger & Hetty have a mutual respect for each other.

They brought back a few characters this season. Arkady started off as a one off but they had so much fun he keeps coming back & evolving as a character.

Renee's favourite moment was when she got to dress up as Hetty. She didn't get to see Linda on the day as she wasn't on set but she showed her pictures & believes Linda's reaction was 'ah honey you look lovely'

Chris loved that they got to make it on their own with the show changing nights

They all were really happy with the season, the writers keep coming up with amazing things & uping themselves & what they've done. It keeps getting better, ect.

Clothed for the Season

Funnily enough a look at the costumes of the show

The costume designers want to create an everyday look which meets what you'd see everyday around LA. It also meets what makes it seem like the characters are likely to have picked it, are comfortable, ect. Even if its isn't necessarily current to what is in fashion now. They want them to look like its likely they've pulled it out of their closet & dressed themselves for the day

It looks like they have jackets where they can just change the logo on the back for the various agencies

Supposedly every character needs to have a different colour & texture in their costumes

They need to be aware of how different sets will change the look of clothes too. The lighting in OPS for example changes their colouring because of all the lighting & screens in there

LL has around 12 of each of his shirts as he likes to wear the same things

They need to have enough for stunt doubles, to get damaged, to wear again, ect.

Barrett has lots of various types of shorts (no surprise there)

All of Hetty's clothing is made by them. Most of her pins are vintage, one of a kind. She gets to have brighter colours that the rest don't get to have

Granger is normally in suits. They make sure that Granger & Hetty don't match. If one is in a pinstripe, the other can't be. They can't both be in black or grey, ect.

They try to be as accurate as possible with their uniforms

They've got a lot of costumes for stunts & minor characters which they reuse

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Thanks for these!

They sure love their stunt work & wardrobe choices...

I'm glad that they have decided to keep "Arkady" as a character

Also I love the team discussing their characters!
Old 03-29-2020, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that!

Interesting about the wardrobe!
Old 03-30-2020, 12:40 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Its interesting as I've never really thought about wardrobe & thought it'd be a boring special feature but it actually was interesting. It makes sense their choices & how they've got multiples. I also found it interesting that they kept the guest star ones in case they can use them again

They do love their stunts

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-30-2020, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

You can tell that they love their recurring cast too...
Old 03-31-2020, 12:25 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes It really shows in how they talk about them, even guest stars too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-31-2020, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is neat that they keep the guest star stuff too
Old 04-21-2020, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I finally manages to start s6... I'm 5 episodes in...

s6 started strong with the internal investigations, Vance pulling strings and the building up of the mole story-arch was fun...

Nell acting as Hetty's right-hand-woman was amazing... Also Nate was back to help out Nell
Old 04-21-2020, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was nice when Nate came back and helped Nell out
Old 04-22-2020, 12:43 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I agree

Nell had great moments & strength there

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-22-2020, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes she did
Old 04-22-2020, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Yeah, Nell was amazing... And I loved her as mini-Hetty too...

Hetty & Granger were amazing during the season... I love their dynamics in the episodes...

Of course I'm still before the mole-episode, I'm enjoying the build up in the meantime...
Old 04-25-2020, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Apparently I can't find the Humbug (6x11) episode thread... It's linked with The Grey Man (6x08) episode

That episode made me think about Joelle and her involvement with Callen...

It's strange how neither Michelle nor Hetty knew about her CIA-background... I know that Granger has never heard about Joelle nor have seen a picture of her...

It was clear that Joelle knew what was going on and was waiting for an excuse to break up & end her "undercover mission"...

I can't recall why she got involved with Callen in the first place! Nor what Sabatino had to do with it!