Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2019, 04:57 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS: Los Angeles - "Let Fate Decide" (11.01) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Sept 29 @ 9:30PM) ::SEASON PREMIERE::

NCIS: Los Angeles 11.01 - "Let Fate Decide"
Original Airdate: September 29, 2019 @ 9:30PM ET / PT

x

Episode Summary
Callen and Sam work with Navy Capt. Harmon Rabb, Jr. (David James Elliott) to
apprehend spies aboard the USS Allegiance. Also, Hetty partners with Marine Lt.
Col. Sarah “Mac” Mackenzie to neutralize a missile attack in the Middle East, and
Kensi and Deeks are trapped in a mobile CIA unit in Iraq while under attack by
ISIS, on the 11th season premiere of NCIS: LOS ANGELES.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 02:05 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Thanks for opening it! It'd be a great episode!
Old 09-28-2019, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread!
Old 09-30-2019, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

LA once again managed to start a season with a complex storyline.

The team was split up into smaller parts, and i have the feeling that by the end of the episode we're not much nearer to solve the issues at the Middle East... It'll be quite interesting to see Callen & Sam working with Mossad for the foreseable future... i don't remember LA ever overly involved with Mossad...

No Nell or Eric, but at least they're still part of the (redesigned) intro..

Loved the banter between Callen & Harm about their luck with finding the one... Callen always used to make me remember Harm with the whole looking-for-my-father angle... it's nice to see that the writers picked up on it to...

Talking about Harm: while i loved all the mac & harm references i didn't like how they still managed to leave everything do undecided with the whole "let's not let fate decide this time around..." I hope that Mac will make another appearence some point.. Harm seemed to like the idea of resigning and joining the San diego team...
Old 09-30-2019, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For the most part, I liked the episode. Very action packed and lots going on. Only thing I didn't really care for was all the jumping around from city to city, but I know it was needed to follow the teams and their progress with their assignments. I just think there was too much of it.

I also liked everything you mentioned Hanna. And I agree about the whole Mac and Harm thing. Hopefully they have some resolution for them at some point.

I did like the new intro they did for the show!
Old 10-01-2019, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Yeah, the jumping from city to city was slightly annoying especially that I couldn't really recall the specifics of last season regarding the middle east issue so it took me a while to pick up pace again...

I like the new intro too!
Old 10-01-2019, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I am still kind of lost with they they had to do that actually I don't think the jumping around would have been as bad if they had stayed on them for a little longer than what they did. There were a couple of times it seemed like the characters said a few lines then the next thing you know they were on another city/group. Just didn't care for it.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Yeah, I'm probably going to end up rewatching the episode at some point...

Also I was expecting more of a Russian-centric story-line after last season instead of being thrown into the Middle East conflict...
Old 01-15-2020, 01:36 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Side note: fun new credits for this season

Oh nice that there was a way for Deeks, Kensi, ect. to escape at least under the trailer. I do like how they set the fun to shoot even though they were out to help give them some time... then they escaped while the bad guys were inside blowing up

Awkward silence as Harm & Mac see each other again...

I'm eating dinner & watching so not really commenting as I watch. There's been a few fun moments & lines though. The Kensi/Deeks scenes seemed the most interesting in my opinion, but maybe because that was more action-filled? The others were more just running around & talking to others

Bit disjointed with all the jumping around & easy to get lost in it all. I agree with both of you & what you've already said about that

Then everything slows down for the dinner party bit, but even it was jumping around?

Although I didn't watch JAG that seemed a disappointing 'end' for them, leaving it still open. They could've at least put some closure & say they'd get back together or go their separate ways for good

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-15-2020, 02:21 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Yeah, it was a disappointing JAG ending... Though knowing the characters it's not that surprising that they are still in limbo to say...

All I remember is the running around, the jumping between locations and Callen & Harm talking...
Old 01-15-2020, 02:22 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Well that makes it slightly better I guess, but a shame for JAG fans

I think that sums up the episode pretty well to be honest

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-15-2020, 02:27 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

If you're ever bored JAG is a good show... (Just skip s1...)

I wonder what you'll say to the other episodes of the season...
Old 01-15-2020, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good you finally started these episode Chelle
Old 05-01-2020, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I started re-watching s11... I skipped half of this episode...

The best part was Deeks & Kensi & Sabatino on the field bickering...

I didn't care for Eliana & Callen much... She was an annoying addition... I'm glad that she only appeared in ep 1 & 2...
Old 05-02-2020, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed
Reply   Post New Thread