Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2019, 08:39 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS - "The Last Link" (16.12) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Jan 15th @ 8PM)

NCIS 16.12 - "The Last Link"
Original Airdate: January 15, 2019 @ 8PM

x

Episode Summary
An old family friend, Army Corporal John Sydney (Dabney Coleman), beseeches Gibbs
to join him on a road trip to search for a missing military I.D. bracelet. Also, a Navy
Lieutenant in NCIS protective custody is poisoned by an infamous drug dealer.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:22 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.

gibbs on the road and the team working alone - sounds interesting.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:24 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Is it wrong that my first thought was that I bet for the most part the team can work without Gibbs unlike how they've been writing the NOLA team?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-12-2019, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread

nope Chelle. Cause we know they can do it because they have done it before.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Is it wrong that my first thought was that I bet for the most part the team can work without Gibbs unlike how they've been writing the NOLA team?
had that in mind too, just didn't write it.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:30 PM
New Fan

Dabney Coleman, who turned 87 on January 3, was effective as a friend of Gibbs’s [Mark Harmon] from his childhood. (How good it is to see Coleman again!) I would have liked more time devoted to them. But, it wasn’t how NCIS executed this episode. I will re-watch this episode. I appreciated it.
Candy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy83 (View Post)
Dabney Coleman, who turned 87 on January 3, was effective as a friend of Gibbs’s [Mark Harmon] from his childhood.
he did a good job. this part of the episode was very touching.

liked the rest of it too.
didn't expect the guy to be the boss.

kasey did a good job opening that machine. glad nothing more happened to her.

the only "thing" missing was ducky.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Candy and Nuwanda, I so agree with you about Dabney Coleman...such a good actor and I hadn't even thought of him since he was much younger in some of his famous roles. To tell you the truth, I was shocked at how he looked...I hadn't realized how many years have passed since we all saw him in his great movie roles when he was a lot younger (Father Time excludes no one). But anyway, when he started speaking, I saw he was his same awesome self! I guess at 87 he likely doesn't do a lot of acting anymore but boy, was he ever effective!

And yeah, Kasey did a lot to crack the case. I like her a lot more now than I did in the beginning. I thought she was going to go overboard with the quirky schtick like she did when she was first introduced to the show, but she has calmed way down and is just super sweet as well as being brilliant. So good choice, NCIS!

I too miss Ducky. He just adds class and calmness to the cast somehow. He's so lovable, I know he's cutting back as someone here explained since he lives in NY and the show is shot in CA but gosh, I wish he had more of a presence on the show. I mean I like Palmer and all but he's not Ducky. Maybe they'll devote a whole episode to Ducky sometime, I'd like that.

Jenny
Jenny Heartland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:54 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Heartland (View Post)
Candy and Nuwanda, I so agree with you about Dabney Coleman...such a good actor and I hadn't even thought of him since he was much younger in some of his famous roles. To tell you the truth, I was shocked at how he looked...I hadn't realized how many years have passed since we all saw him in his great movie roles when he was a lot younger (Father Time excludes no one). But anyway, when he started speaking, I saw he was his same awesome self! I guess at 87 he likely doesn't do a lot of acting anymore but boy, was he ever effective!

And yeah, Kasey did a lot to crack the case. I like her a lot more now than I did in the beginning. I thought she was going to go overboard with the quirky schtick like she did when she was first introduced to the show, but she has calmed way down and is just super sweet as well as being brilliant. So good choice, NCIS!

I too miss Ducky. He just adds class and calmness to the cast somehow. He's so lovable, I know he's cutting back as someone here explained since he lives in NY and the show is shot in CA but gosh, I wish he had more of a presence on the show. I mean I like Palmer and all but he's not Ducky. Maybe they'll devote a whole episode to Ducky sometime, I'd like that.

Jenny

Within the last ten years, perhaps the highest-profile work Dabney Coleman has was on HBO’s Boardwalk Empire.

During a period of nearly ten years, Coleman received six Emmy nominations: lead actor in a comedy series (NBC’s Buffalo Bill, 1983 and 1984; ABC’s The Slap Maxwell Story, 1988); supporting actor in a miniseries or movie (he won for ABC’s Sworn to Silence, 1987; ABC’s Baby M, 1988); and guest actor in a drama series (ABC’s Columbo, 1991).

When I first saw the preview of CBS’s NCIS episode “The Last Link,” and this was after “Toil and Trouble,” I did not recognize that it was Dabney Coleman. I learned this from Carter Matt’s YouTube video anticipating the episode.
Candy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
yes it is true , i feel for NO they like to have Pride in mainly cause he can still do the action scenes, i noticed this season for Gibbs he has taken a step back and let the others do more work , unlike the other seasons , maybe cause of his age but he does more of the leading and sending them out .

I actually dont know who that actor is who played the old man , i like that link back to gibbs route, its so sad how alone he really is .

And yes love Kasey when she got electrocuted i was so shocked, than she came back and tried to be less energetic
Old 02-22-2019, 07:18 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Interesting start to an episode. I like that they still spice things up & do some things differently at times

Sad the LJ namesake passed

Oh well there's a nice tease of Torres & Bishop together all snugly

I don't think their plan worked at all there. Not really a surprise though as otherwise the ep would be over quickly

Kinda surprised they thought they could bug the table - of course a guy that lots of agencies have tried to catch but failed is going to know you'll try bug him

aww that is sweet that all the bracelets would go with the last one . Although a bit sad for Gibbs to give up his, would be nice for him to keep that for himself

Nice McGee standing up to a probie. He was right - she shouldn't have been disrespecting them like that, regardless of her being a probie or not. Made so much better that McGee said it given how long he was probie for

I like how Kasie figured out how to get into the vending machine, but bad she got electrocuted. I get McGee wouldn't want to leave Kasie but why did he ask someone else to call 911 instead of doing that straight away himself?

Everyone on this show is terrible at resting & following doctor orders

Nice twist on who the real boss was & that they'd had the real guy in the first place

Love how Gibbs made the new dogtag for his dad's friend. Sweet he's now the last one

Chelle » join GTmy art
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top