Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2018, 01:57 AM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS - "Keep Your Friends Close" (15.14) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Feb 6th @ 8PM)

NCIS 15.14 - "Keep Your Friends Close"
Original Airdate: February 6, 2018 @ 8PM

x

Episode Summary
After the body of a missing Navy commander is found, Vance orders
Gibbs and the team to work with former FBI Agent Tobias "T.C." Fornell,
the private investigator who was hired to locate him. Also, Bishop and
Torres interview convicted investment advisor Albert Hathaway when the
victim is linked to his highly publicized trial.
Source
, believe me love you're gonna be bigger ♥
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:33 AM
Loyal Fan

thanks for the thread.

fornell back. wonder what had happened since the last ep we saw him
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Thanks for the thread
Old 02-16-2018, 09:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

I to after seeing just the angle they put lawyer Jessica Shaeffer's car, I knew also it was going to explode,(another forum had several saw the explosion coming). But how much time elapsed between when she told Gabriel Hicks to find another lawyer and the explosion? Now with one of Gibb's "family" hurt, if Sloane is hurt, that the old Gibbs would have taken him down quickly. Or at-least get his attention back on him, and away from his team. So time will tell about this. I to figure there will be more to the Albert Hathaway(really liked Kevin Pollack on "Shark" years ago, he also over the years reminded me of Phil Collins the singer. Lol. ), story line. My thing with new team members on any of the shows I watch, is yes I don't like Nick as well as Tony, but I don't say, "Oh I hate this new member", I learn to live and work with what the show gives me. But I know all viewers are different and I like the new members because I love the show.

I did after a bit think the murder of James Willis wasn't connected with Gabriel Hicks or Albert Hathaway's trials, as it seemed in the beginning, with the "Previously on NCIS" intro. The 2 different people, Micheal and Joey Barrett and then Ozzie Duncan taking the van was a small twist. Then we have the hit man, Dominic Malecki was another quick bump in the road. Wasn't sure why the Barrett's wanted to dissolve Willis's body and then Malecki telling them to just dump it? Was he worried they would be caught? But the paper trail got Sarah Willis in the end.

Was happy to see Tobias Fornell. He definitely did seem happy. I was glad he had gotten over his daughter being upset, and his being fired. But with the evidence at hand he knew Gibbs did the right thing. I thought it odd he worked from his garage. I did think that when Gibbs and he were waiting in the Barrett motel room he would get upset with Gibbs. His "happy high" would wear off. I can see that Gibbs would feel bad about finding out that Tobias was right on the case and unfortunately the "then" evidence proved him wrong. This case probably should take a few more episodes to solve and I won't be surprised if Hathaway or some other player isn't involved. I do hope that neither Fornell or Sloane get taken out by Hicks. But I don't want it to end to quickly. Build up evidence and then get him. It would be satisfying if Fornell was the one to put away Hicks. But I know a PI don't have legal authority.

Did like Jimmy Palmer talking to James Willis's body. And it is is his2nd time calling Gibbs "Jethro". Good that Gibbs isn't annoyed and did smile. And glad Ducky is names periodically. Same as hearing Tony's name a couple episodes back. All members aren't forgotten quickly.

"Superdad Tim" should have solved it quickly, lol. The Abby/ Reeves "intervention was strange. Tim hadn't been messing up or running around like he was wound to tight. His beard does look like David Rossi on Criminal Minds. Wasn't sure why Tim grew it, to change his look, to "grow him up", or to cover a growing 2nd chin, lol. But I am used to it by now. Tony would have done several "McBeard" jokes, I know. I am surprise we didn't get a final on Alex Quinn. Either she has retired to be with her mom, or she was transferred to another agency? Instead of just leaving it like she was taking care of her sick mom? I am not sure how much "time off/leave" you can have for that stuff? They could just put in a throw away line to wrap that story up.

I do remember many series using the same episode names over the years. Just not in the same week. I help on a NCIS:LA web site and I have noticed familiar episode names. I also comment on it seems like up to 15 series a season on forum boards. So copy episode names pop up all the time.

Last edited by webruce; 02-16-2018 at 09:30 AM Reason: Added thought.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:59 AM
Senior Moderator Manager
Can You Spare a Brain?

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
My thing with new team members on any of the shows I watch, is yes I don't like Nick as well as Tony, but I don't say, "Oh I hate this new member",
To some extent I know what you mean. At first I really missed Kate, but soon grew to love Ziva. I'm not enjoying the show as much this season. The team dynamic has totally changed. Don't care for Sloane.

It was really nice to see Fornell again.

Quote:
The Abby/ Reeves "intervention was strange. Tim hadn't been messing up or running around like he was wound to tight.
Agreed
Old 04-06-2018, 09:01 PM
Graphics Team Manager

hmm interesting work ethic McGee

Of course Gibbs kicked the garage door to open it. There's an interesting twist about Fornell, of course he'd been fired after what happened. Never thought about that. Not surprised that he still is an investigator of sorts

Gibbs is avoiding Fornell must feel guilty...

McGee fangirling over technology

Like the little scene between Palmer & Gibbs. i'm glad Gibbs is supporting Palmer in his growing role, respecting him too, when he could simply dismiss him. Wonder if Palmer notices how Gibbs treats him differently. Like Palmer channeling Ducky a bit, makes sense since he's his mentor/teacher, but hope in a way he isn't made to become Ducky too much & still remains being the Palmer we know & love

Yeah I want to question what's going on with McGee too Abby... he's doing quite a bit for someone with two new babies at home... Abby's story looks like it could be cute though

of course McGee has been drinking cafpow Like the intervention but don't know that I believe that as the reasoning. It doesn't really add up. It also felt odd that he'd just go "ok, I'll stop" the end. They didn't really plan that story out much when they could've done so much more with it

Fornell popping up all the time

there's so many little stories in this ep, they're almost more important & distracting from the case itself

not a surprise it wasn't about the trial, but actually an affair. Good twist though as there was no signs from that before at all

Nice that Fornell & Gibbs made up in the end not really a surprise that they did though
, believe me love you're gonna be bigger ♥
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top