Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2019, 06:53 PM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

NCIS - "IRL" (17.09) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Nov 26 @ 8PM)

NCIS 17.09 - "IRL"
Original Airdate: November 26, 2019 @ 8PM

x

Episode Summary
The NCIS team investigates a petty officer’s murder that was live-streamed on a popular
gaming app. Also, Gibbs watches his 11-year-old neighbor, Phineas, when his mom must
leave on a last-minute trip.
Source
sending out love to the world
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the thread
Old 11-28-2019, 05:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the thread!

Edited: It was a pretty great episode! Loved Gibbs & Phineas having fun! Bishop was right: it's a good thing that Gibbs finally has a life outside of work!

The online gaming angle was kind of scary with all the online fighting going on, and then it including identity theft as well...

McGee being sad about not having enough time to be the Elf King any longer was kind of funny... While he will always stay a geek, he also grew out of being just computer nerd...

Loved the end scene with Bish being a computer nerd and Palmer & Kasie eating junk food in the background She had a blast with that game...

Last edited by florerr; 12-01-2019 at 03:16 PM
florerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:41 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

I was thinking I don't get the appeal of watching someone play a game over playing it yourself then remembered all the times as a child I'd sit by my father as he played the PlayStation so guess its no difference really

Interesting how already the neighbour is getting Gibbs to watch her son. Guess makes sense since she doesn't know anyone else. At least they addressed it & who better to trust than a federal agent. You'd like to hope he'd be reliable & safe to watch your kid
Love how Gibbs knows all the screens Phineas had. Reminded me of how Gibbs knew how many weapons Ziva had back when she joined the team

Why is there a bear on the dead guy's head? With glitter in it too? Ok then

Talk about all children in one episode Palmer isn't wrong about glitter - it really does get everywhere & last forever. Don't blame him for his reaction to it either

The bear & glitter was because of a game? What? Now McGee is upset he didn't know about the game? I'm sorry but I'd be glad you didn't know about it. It looks strange

Of course poor Phineas thinks he's the problem Poor him. Knows more than his mother would like it sounds like too

Poor Kasie & McGee suffering from the game. Goes to show how addictive games can be both to watch & play though

aww McGee isn't Gibbs' guy for gaming anymore
so funny watching Gibbs bringing Phineas in, acting like he knows what is being talked about too
now they're in MTAC figured that'd happen

Torres & Bishop escaping screens (also love how he's so comfortable to just lean on Bishop's shoulder while they sit there)

Not surprised that Sarah reacted the way she did. Poor McGee feeling guilty over it

Wow that's a surprise. I like how really it was the other old guy & he knew far more about technology than he let on

Bishop playing

Nice ending for Gibbs Glad Sarah had the change of heart. Then cool seeing him talking to Phineas on the computer. That'll probably be good for Phineas too having someone to talk to like that (well both of them probably)

Great episode. So glad they aired it before the new year
Old 12-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Extreme Fan

I love your commentary!

I'm usually unable to "live-comment" the episodes...

Glad to hear that you also enjoyed the ep!
Old 12-09-2019, 11:33 PM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

I loved actually having an episode which had so much to respond to
I try to always live comment but its not too hard for me to have it open on my laptop & the episode on my TV
Old 12-10-2019, 11:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, I watch everything on my laptop... And only if I watch it alone I'm able to have open while watching it on small screen
Old 12-10-2019, 11:43 PM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Makes sense
Old 12-11-2019, 12:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Just realized that I can actually split the screen on win10

(I'm watching Home Alone 2 while commenting here )

But yes: it was a great episode!
Old 12-11-2019, 04:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

I thought I had posted int this thread before.

I agree with everything that has been said though.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Disney
Tom Welling

This episode was interesting for me because I actually do enjoying watching a few gamers on twitch and youtube, but these are real people and although they 'play video games online for a living' it's not just about video games. One of them does daily vlogs of their lives and they have a varied healthy lifestyle and even though some may not think so, they actually do work really hard in putting out quality entertainment online for people. Sometimes, their entertainment is more enjoyable than anything on TV these days. I'm not into the overtly violent video games, particularly ones that involve guns so I don't watch all their streams/let's plays, but I will watch them play games that I'm interested in/played myself.

Anyways. I enjoyed this episode. The video game involved in the case kinda reminded me of Fortnite but perhaps a little more 'friendly' using bright colours and teddy bears. So I'll let it slide that they let Phineas, aged 9, might I add, play the game despite still using a depiction of guns, especially as he was helping track down a suspect. I liked how McGee was missing the time he played video games but now he has kids he doesn't get that time to play them much anymore.

Bishop and Torres getting a break from the screens. I don't blame them. But then I love how Bishop got addicted to the game at the end.

I don't blame Phineas mum for being mad at Gibbs for breaking his promise about no screens, but glad she changed her mind by the end. It's nice for Gibbs to have the company with the boy around and for the boy to have somewhat of a father figure around.

Palmer's comment about glitter - so true! Glitter is great, but gets everywhere.
Tom Welling (again) Erica Durance, Michael Rosenbaum & Laura Vandervoort!
Liv
livstevi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top