Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2016, 02:29 AM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS Franchise Rewatch Thread #1 | Currently Watching: NCIS 12x14 "Cadence" (Sept 12 - Sept 18)

NCIS Franchise Rewatch Thread

Join us as we rewatch some of our favourite episodes from our favourite shows!

To start we will be celebrating the one & only Very Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo
with a selection of Tony-orientated episodes. We will be watching one episode a
week during the hiatus & would love for you to join us when you can .

NCIS 1.19 - "Dead Man Talking"
Rewatch Dates: May 23 - May 29

Episode Summary
The team investigates the murder of one of their own, an NCIS agent who
was working on a cold case when he was shot and nearly disemboweled.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.

remember the ep and what it was about, but didn't remember it was already in season 1.
hope to rewatch at the weekend.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting the thread Chelle
Old 05-24-2016, 03:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

Wow back to the start
Old 05-27-2016, 04:18 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Had to start somewhere & seemed to make sense to start at the beginning & go through the seasons finding eps

Rewatching now

I remember watching this with my sister when she started watching the show & I was watching the episodes with her & warning her of things & skipping some eps for their content. I completely forgot how Patchi died at the start until we got near the crime scene & was then making sure she knew it was all fake. She would have been 15 at the time so not too young but it was something I would have otherwise skipped had I remembered. Kinda worked out though since it is a fun episode

wow so strange seeing the team with just Kate & Tony (& Gibbs). Feels like ages since I've watched episodes with just them. Of course this ends up not being one (& just got up to McGee coming in). Speaking of that poor McGee & Tony having to tell him the news Patchi died. I think even then Tony cared. You don't see it but I think he felt bad to have to tell him. Then he calls him kid back then. McGee's so young & green there... Please tell me these two get a goodbye? They've had a great friendship/working relationship over the years

fun moment between Tony & Abby about the woman being "too old" for him . & now Tony's teasing side comes out again when he steals McGee's food (can't help it but McAbby when Abby tries to stop him all the things I could say about these two in their actual relationship ). This is a good ep as it shows a few sides of him & different interactions. He had his fun side with Kate at the start too when he answers her phone

Love that Tony tries to leave out that McGee did the work to get the address but Gibbs still knew it was him . Now even Gibbs & Tony working together. You really do get a mix of everything

Love McGee trying to get Tony to not pull a prank by convincing him that it was better to do nothing & have Kate think something was done to her

"Tony's on a date with a guy"

Michael plays the revelation so well

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-28-2016, 05:00 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Just noticed that I have this eppy on my DVR. I'll try to watch sometime this week.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just got around to watching the ep today I had started earlier this week, but got interrupted.

Aww, forgot this was the episode that Patchi was killed in Felt so bad for Gibbs.

Haha Tony and Kate at Patchi's and McGee calls. I was cracking up at their little exchange... the look on Tony's face when McGee said it was him

I loved all those McGee and Tony scenes we got in earlier episodes. It's neat to compare them to the their scenes in that later seasons. Shows how much their relationship has changed over the years

Just I loved how excited Tony was for a stakeout

I forgot how bad Tony was back in the earlier episodes with some of the stuff he did

Still makes me when Tony makes out with the Commander and not knowing it and then Kate asking what it was like kissing a guy
Old 05-30-2016, 02:58 AM
Graphics Team Manager

It is so sad. I wish such brilliance didn't come from something so awful
Quote:
Shows how much their relationship has changed over the years
Exactly

NCIS 1.20 - "Missing"
Rewatch Dates: May 30 - June 5

Episode Summary
The NCIS agents search for a missing marine, who unbeknownst
to them, is being tortured in a cell by a mysterious captor.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-30-2016, 08:03 AM
Elite Fan

you already mentioned the good scenes here, so i have nothing to add about this, but

yes, tony was a little devil in the early years and i wouldn't have wanted to work with him, but on the other hand he always protected everyone - his team or people who need his help - and that was counting much more.

after watching the finale of season 13 and now seeing all those people 13 years younger is like watching different people.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:20 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I think him being a devil is why it took me a while to warm up to his character but then that would mean he was still a devil in S3

It would be like that. I will compare them at least in my head tonight when i watch whatever S13 episode Aust. is up yto. They've all grown & changed over the years but you may not notice it as much without seeing early & recent episodes close together

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-31-2016, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflifexx (View Post)
1.I think him being a devil is why it took me a while to warm up to his character but then that would mean he was still a devil in S3

2. They've all grown & changed over the years but you may not notice it as much without seeing early & recent episodes close together

1. he was - and although it lessened over the years it continued throughout the seasons. it is just part of his personality, but i liked the caring side more which belongs to him as well and i am glad he showed that too.

2. exactly

Last edited by nuwanda; 05-31-2016 at 07:55 PM
Old 05-31-2016, 03:49 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Tony did settle down and mature a bit over the years, but never completely lost touch with his inner practical joker.

Quote:
NCIS 1.19 - "Dead Man Talking"
Turns out the episode I had was "Dead Man Walking", a nice Ziva centric eppy.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think him being a devil is why it took me a while to warm up to his character but then that would mean he was still a devil in S3

It would be like that. I will compare them at least in my head tonight when i watch whatever S13 episode Aust. is up yto. They've all grown & changed over the years but you may not notice it as much without seeing early & recent episodes close together
Haha that could be why.

And so true

----

1x21:

haha Abby's model of Gallipli (sp?) and Gibbs telling her it was an amphibious operation in which she replies that it's on styrofoam so it will float

These older episodes make me wish we had seen more of the team working cases together instead of almost always being split up. These past two episodes we have had them all in the same scenes quite a bit and doing work together, but in the later seasons, it didn't seem like that happened as much. Maybe it was because they only had three people on the team for a bit? I dunno.

Gibbs driving back to D.C. and taking a dirt road to avoid traffic. Too funny with the way he is driving and Tony trying to hang his head out the window to throw up and Kate trying to talk to Abby on the phone Miss Gibbs driving.

I forgot Gibbs had gotten shot by Ari (nothing to do with this episode except for when he has the memory of it)

I also forgot Tony had gotten kidnapped! It was nice seeing Tony does follow Gibbs' rules and how good of a job he did protecting the Gunny.

McAbby working together

Hehe! the ending where Tony comes back and McGee is still at his desk.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:35 AM
Graphics Team Manager

"if you want to look like a gay pirate that's your call" Great comment from Gibbs to Tony. Love that the game on Tony's computer ends up staying there (as seen in later eps). I presume that Gibbs knows this but clearly he doesn't pierce Tony's ears like he says he will here

the Gallipoli model always touches me in a way since it is the ANZACs (Australian & New Zealand Army Corps for those who don't know what that stands for). I really hope the red people are the "Turks" (as Tony called them) & the green are ANZACs otherwise she's got more wrong than it just being an amphibious operation

Tony & Gibbs in rush hour traffic is amusing but the dirt road back is just as amusing. Glad we got both moments . We don't get Gibbs' driving like this or even all that much driving moments anymore

Random thoughts: If Abby being bored found out that all those Marines were missing then maybe she should be bored more often . You never know what she may discover . This episode is a rare time we see Abby's hair out of her piggy-tales

poor Tony getting kidnapped "I think I screwed up Boss" - bet that's hard to admit. Nice to have the chance to see Tony following Gibbs' rules & taking care of the Marine though

I may get really excited at the point where McGee enters McAbby & McGee already calling Gibbs boss

I like how the episode makes you think it is the other Marine but really it was the waitress. Nice twist even if after you've seen it once you know it is her

perfect ending with McGee at Tony's desk just after Gibbs saying he is irreplaceable

Quote:
These older episodes make me wish we had seen more of the team working cases together instead of almost always being split up. These past two episodes we have had them all in the same scenes quite a bit and doing work together, but in the later seasons, it didn't seem like that happened as much. Maybe it was because they only had three people on the team for a bit? I dunno
I agree with this but I think it is as you said - only three on the team. With more on the team they can split up more & have more pairings than group doing things/team working together moments

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-04-2016, 02:23 AM
Elite Fan

i liked this ep since i first watched it and still do.

i liked the teams chemistry and i think it was better than with bishop - sorry.

also this was a perfect ep for tony's personality that we discussed earlier: first he went through kate's purse (although they didn't show it i really hated it and thought what an ....) and then he shielded the gunny without thinking about himself.
Reply   Post New Thread