Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2018, 04:27 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS - "Destiny's Child" (16.01) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Sept 25th @ 8PM) ::SEASON PREMIERE::

NCIS 16.01 - "Destiny's Child"
Original Airdate: September 25, 2018 @ 8PM

x

Episode Summary
One month after Director Vance was kidnapped, Gibbs is assigned the
role of acting director in his absence while the team searches worldwide
for his whereabouts, on the 16th season premiere of NCIS.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread. Can't believe the shows are back already.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:09 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Its exciting

I'm sure Gibbs loves being acting director

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-23-2018, 07:50 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.

think it's been awhile since we saw gibbs as director.

totally forgot that vance got kidnapped in the last episode.

hope this is going to be a good season - against all odds. excited that all the shows i watch are starting again this week, but unfortunately i am the least excited about this one. but still hope it is going to change during the season.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am sure Chelle

I hope it will be a good season as well.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:53 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I'm a little bit happy that I don't know when its back here yet as I'm not ready to watch NCIS without Abby, but I hope that its a good season...

I think its been a while since he was last acting director? Maybe when Jackie died? Although even then I don't think he was so maybe even as far back as when Jenny was director?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-25-2018, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the new opening. 15 seasons of Abby. this is going to take time to get used to the new woman

Last edited by Logan; 09-25-2018 at 05:27 PM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
. 15 seasons of Abby. this is going to take time to get used to the new woman
nobody can replace abby, but i already like the new woman (kasie hines). she does a good job and although she is a little weird at some point she is not trying to copy abby.

also i think this was a good ep with some nice twists (although one or two were a little predictable). still miss the old fun and spirit (with tony, ziva and abby), but i felt entertained. so i think it was a good start.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't sure about Kasie last season, but it looks like the character has been toned down some, so for me she was much more likable.

Not too bad of a start for the season. Liked that everyone was in the opener. It definitely kept me wondering.

Just a little odd observation.. I was surprised that Kayla didn't have better aim when shooting at the guy that was after her.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
I was surprised that Kayla didn't have better aim when shooting at the guy that was after her.

when she took that gun i thouhgt she was going to kill that guy.
maybe she was just too nervous.

liked that ducky was in the ep - even gibbs was surprised to see him
Old 09-27-2018, 01:52 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I found the new theme on YT & I liked it
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
I wasn't sure about Kasie last season, but it looks like the character has been toned down some, so for me she was much more likable.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-27-2018, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
when she took that gun i thouhgt she was going to kill that guy.
maybe she was just too nervous.
I guess that could be. I figured though after the first few shots she would have regrouped and been able to take the guy out. But she did seem really scared, so makes sense,
Old 10-08-2018, 12:05 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I can watch

Nice little moment with Vance punching the guy. No that's not his best shot - he's a former boxer so he knows a little about punching people

hmm Gibbs looks different to me could be because I've been watching earlier seasons lately though

Vance's daughter . Glad that his son has someone to look after him, but shame the siblings are separated at this time. Its a good thing that she is staying in school as she's right as that's what her father would want for her but heartbreaking for her. I guess she's got the team as I'm sure all of them would be there for her if needed - as seen by her showing up at Gibbs' place & he texts her from their conversation, even if its poorly

Gibbs: "what does it mean?" Kasie: "I thought you would know" - sounds helpful

I wouldn't expect Kayla to know how to shoot a gun so it doesn't surprise me that she missed but good on her for trying. I imagine Vance wouldn't have taught her as he'd want her safe & not have to worry about learning how to do something like that - its his job to look after her probably in his mind. Glad that they figured out Vance's message & got there in time to protect/save her

Nice to see Ducky - not surprised he'd come down to help with an autopsy on a fallen agent so they worked that in well

I feel sorry for the director's secretary who kept chasing Gibbs in the episode to get him to be the acting director & sign things

Poor McGee getting rid of the Trojan horses only for one to come back in after

Torres & the lava lamps

Thought it was odd that Sloane was alone & easily captured - glad it was a set up in the end. Smart thinking

Interesting twists in this episode, does leave you guessing. I like it Good start to the season

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay glad you were able to watch!
Old 10-08-2018, 11:45 PM
Graphics Team Manager

So am I It rated terribly here though - probably because they didn't advertise it very well. Unless you're like me stalking things like crazy to see when its back or watch the channel when they aired an advertisement for it you'd have no idea. There wasn't even a post about it on their social media pages that I saw. I read earlier today they're replaying it tonight (in close to its usual timeslot) so hopefully that helps it out . Of course who knows if they'll advertise that they're replaying it though as if they don't do that then again that doesn't help them. If it doesn't I fear they'll stop airing it so soon after the US but its their own fault for not telling people its on as it wasn't on in its usual timeslot as it was on on Sunday night & we normally would get it on a Tuesday (something I found funny since it airs on that day in the US too)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread