Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2018, 02:50 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team
#keepclimbing

Comments while watching the episode commentary for this episode from the DVD . The commentary is by Rocky Carroll (director of episode) & Christopher J. Waild (writer of episode)

Interestingly the writer had a different story written but had this 'bottle show' (stay in-house show) idea floating around & got convinced to go with this story (they worded it all better than me)

They built the roof set for this episode. Its about 6 feet off the ground, & the background is green screen. The set was already gone after it was wrapped . Odd as it was supposedly the most expensive set they made they also said - obviously they couldn't keep it or didn't think they needed it again. But maybe they've kept the pieces so they can put it back together if needed

They made a joke about directing Rocky Carroll. It was really hard for Rocky to direct him. He needed someone to go between as they didn't see eye-to-eye

Its really interesting to listen to how the stories came together, the contrasts they've got (E.G. Sloane spent the episode wanting out of the building, Reeves spent the episode trying to get in), ect. This is what I like for episode commentaries

It was nice for them to start from the beginning & work to the end in each area for most of the episode. They don't always get that as they often film parts out of sequence but here they might have filmed each section separately they still did that story in sequence

They had fun figuring out which characters would be paired together & where they'd be, then how they'd 'get a win' in their area & come out as a hero

The janitor uniform Torres wears has a name on it - Rockie - Rocky seemed to like that Don't know if its done on purpose, even if its spelt wrong, as a treat to point out who the director was

So much more information, this could be one of the best commentaries I've watched for this show

They lost a crew member during the shooting of this episode which was briefly mentioned towards the end of the commentary. I have a feeling one of the episodes as an in memorial to someone at the end so that may have been who they're talking about here. Not sure if he died in the process of the filming, but I'd think we'd know about that if that happened
Old 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise
Psych

Thanks for all of this! This does sound all very neat and interesting! I hope I will get to see it one day
Interesting about the roof set. So neat how they can make it look so real.
I think I remember seeing a thing at the end of one of the episodes. Nice they talked about the crew member in the commentary.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team
#keepclimbing

I hope you do too as its really interesting

Yeah I know I saw something at some point in my rewatch now but don't remember what it was or which episode
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top