Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2020, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is nice he called you but also sad Chelle. It's so sad that your grandma and grandpa have to be a part right now and he can't visit her. Shame there isn't some way they could video chat (no idea how that would work if they don't each have someone helping them though.
With this all going on, I am glad my grandma is not around for this. She always looked forward to visitors and if she couldn't have anyone visiting her she would be so depressed just having to stay in her room.

Yup. It makes me glad that i did not grow up with the cell phones and social media (right away anyway) because I would be lost if that was all I knew and was used to while growing up

Yes they are! Well I kinda made it final that I needed time to think about things. They kept saying you can test drive we will drop one of to you to keep for a day. I was like, right now I don't think that is a good idea with this virus going around I know they probably are not getting any sales right now and I feel bad but stop hounding me

Oh, that's not good! Has it been raining lately? Don't know if you have drywall, but that's what drywall does when it gets all wet. Hopefully you don't have a leak in a pipe somewhere either if you haven't had any rain lately. Have you told your landlord?

That is good you had a good night sleep finally!

ETA:
That is good your grandma knows how to use all of those media types but can do with out it all

True about the other stuff besides spaghetti!

Have a good night!
Old 03-28-2020, 04:10 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Sleep well Hanna

Its terrible what can happen to the brain & memories So hard for everyone involved

My Nanna has pieces of memories where she's positive she knows something, but not exactly what it is, & she can try reach the memory but not fully get there. Then she has memories of things which never happened, or twisted realities. She's quick to jump to conclusions now too.

Yeah I wouldn't want to test drive anything right now either I'm sure they clean them & take precautions but you never know...

The rain seems to bring out the mold but the issue is something which has been there longer than I've been living here. My landlord knows as I pointed out some to her but she dismissed it. I can't remember now what she said but basically its because of the ground the place is built on. I'm at the point that I really can't be bothered to tell her as she doesn't do anything.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-28-2020, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It really is. It is just so sad reading about your grandma and how she is.

Exactly Unless they want to deliver it in a hazmat suit - no thank you!

Ok, that is a shame she will not take care of it when it could be ruining your health. Maybe that is why you are not feeling well a lot of the time? That could be a cause of it. There isn't anything thing on protections for renters in situations like that? I think they have stuff like that here but not sure what it is called.

Ok, I am heading off of here for the night. Can't wait to see what the numbers are tomorrow! Good to post with both of you
Old 03-28-2020, 04:24 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I have no idea if there is some sort of tenant protection or something. But yeah I thought that could be why I feel sick. Wouldn't surprise me.

These were the two areas I showed her. When I showed her the larger hole in the first image was just a split at the bottom where what looks like sand was coming through but that triangle bit has recently fallen off & the other split is forming further along. Then in the other area in the second photo all that part of the wall you can feel is soft & it was more of a bubble when I showed her but the air has come out of that split since then.

Then this is technically damage I caused because I was cleaning between the sink & shower & bumped the wall & it fell apart (then didn't learn my lesson & did it again). I haven't officially shown her but she must know as she has been in there to unclog the bathroom sink drain & you can't not see it but she never said anything.

So no visible mold or anything but I know the walls are crap & there is something going on in at least part of the wall if its all soft

Sleep well

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-29-2020, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

It looks quite bad regardless if it has visible mold or not... It just shouldn't look like this! And her attitude towards it shows that she doesn't really care as long as someone lives there...

It was great to post with both of you yesterday

My day was nothing special. Though I did end up finishing a painting about our Rottweiler who died a couple years... I have quite a few photos about him and I'm quite okay at painting if I can convince myself to sit down and do it...

I know what I'm going to paint next... I have way too much free time on my hand...
Old 03-29-2020, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that looks really bad. I bet it is part of you not feeling well a lot. The two holes you did by accident, they look like hey would happen anyway... probably why she didn't say anything. I hope you can get it fixed or find a new place soon because it is only going to get worse

That sounds like a nice way to spend the day Hanna
Old 03-30-2020, 12:54 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes she doesn't have the best attitude towards things . My parents have commented on how she increases the rent each year but doesn't actually do anything to maintain the place. My father said the other week how she's going to have to do quite a bit of work before she can rent it again when I leave.

Yesterday was wonderful

aww that painting sounds nice . What are you thinking of painting next?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-30-2020, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Yeah, she'll have quite a lot to do.. But then again: you've been paying for quite a lot for the same apartment, I assume...

What I painted with pastel crate... It still misses one or 2 layers...
Spoiler:

I'm going to paint a landscape, I have the first draft already... Going to keep working on it tomorrow!
Old 03-31-2020, 12:40 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm paying more for a lesser quality place you could say. She's done a handful of things but not a whole lot. Not compared to what she's likely going to have to do or at least should do for the next tenant. But I've also been here for 5 years so you expect some deterioration in that time I suppose . But this was an issue she knew about before I moved in, its gotten worse, & I just hope she does something about it before someone else moves in. But then again when I told her the toilet was coming away from the wall she couldn't understand why & was convinced I was leaning on it (why anyone, or at least female, would lean on a toilet I have no idea). So I think she's in denial. But then the plumber who fixed it didn't notice anything either or if he did she didn't tell me (considering she told me not to lean on it again though I don't think she was told anything)

Nice

Cute painting

I don't think I've heard of pastel crate... might be called something different here though too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-31-2020, 01:26 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

pastel crayons?
Old 03-31-2020, 01:47 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yep those I know what are

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-31-2020, 02:14 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I highly doubt that your landlady cared much about the information the plumber gave to her She seems to just not care enough as long as you live there...

I did some grocery shopping and went to buy some more vitamins, teas etc... It feels like Sunday/bank holiday outside without anyone being happy or super close to the other... At least the growth rate per day seems to go under 1k for the 3rd day in a row in NL, so maybe in one or two weeks time things will go back to normal...

Oh, and I have a phone interview "booked" for Monday
Old 03-31-2020, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday. Was not feeling well at all. I almost blacked out last night when I was cooking dinner because I hadn't had anything proper to eat all day and on top of that had a headache. Fell so much better today though!

Yeah that is wrong that she keeps raising the rent on you but yet you have all these problems with your place that she should be fixing.
I doubt she listened to the plumber at all. The toilet was probably coming away from the wall because the wall is all wet! She sounds like something else..

Cute painting!

Yay about your new interview!!
Old 04-01-2020, 02:06 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't know. I spoke to her a little this afternoon & she recommended I go inside so I don't get sick. (I was wearing tights & a singlet top so would look like nothing to people but I don't feel the cold & its not all that cold) She's a contradiction sometimes

Hopefully all the precautions help make things go back to normal. So weird being outside. Although to be honest already outside here feels like more people around. Its like we could only do it for a little bit then got bored so had to go out again. Even though there's nothing to do & we're now no meant to leave our houses unless we have to

Great news about the interview

Steph you need to look after yourself. That sounds worse than when I don't drink enough

I have a bit of a headache myself. Think its a stress headache

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-01-2020, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I hope both of you are feeling better now!

I think the virus makes people more crazy... I'm going stir crazy too with living together with mom & my brother (who keeps "chilling" all day long)... NL extended the quarantine period till April 28, with schools only re-starting in May... I truly hope that things will go back to normal by the end of April/beginning of May...

I hope that the interview will go well! It seems to be the kind of work which can be done "home office" since it'd be customer service...

Today I spent most of the day with cleaning/organizing my room... I'm getting bored with myself...