Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2019, 06:57 PM
Graphics Team Manager

There are only two major chains of music stores in the country & I doubt smaller stores would have it. Looks like there's a delay in actually shipping the albums out to the stores. I went into the store which it isn't showing up on the website for to ask if they can check its availability in other stores & the guy there showed me for all the stores in the country only 11 have been ordered & none of the stores actually have a copy yet. That particular store is -1 though so they must have my order, they're just waiting for the stock. I don't know what the delay is though... The artist herself said something on FB about the albums not being out just yet

Glad you had a good time & got to see your grandmother

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-10-2019, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah ok. Well that is a shame it's just a delay then. Sorry you won't have it before your trip!
Old 08-14-2019, 02:03 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

At least you know that the shipping is on it's way, so soon you'll have the album...

I just received the rejection after the interview... I kind of had a feeling that it's going to be a no, but at least I was there for an interview... I'm sure that I'll find something better (hopefully not in sales or hospitality...)

At least my health is almost back to normal, still have a slightly nasal voice, but it's not so bad anymore

How's your week going on so far?
Old 08-14-2019, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry you got another rejection, Hanna The job for you is out there, you will find it!

Good to hear you are feeling better

My week has been ok so far I guess Lots going on the past two days, today was better at least.

How about you?
Old 08-15-2019, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

But on the other hand I do got job offers, I just simply can't accept them... I mean everything is so unsure with brexit atm that I don't dare to move back to London, just to be "kicked out" when brexit hits the country... So I'm back at searching and applying ...

Otherwise everything is as usual. (My grandma, she's around 70, will spend the winter months in the NL, approximately 4 months, it'll be interesting to have her here as well...)

I'm glad that you had a more relaxed day today Steph And tomorrow is Friday...
Old 08-15-2019, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well that is nice that you do have offers, just sad you don't want to accept them. I totally get why you don't want to - I wouldn't want to either if everything was uncertain.

That is nice that your grandma will be living in the same place as you

Thanks and I am so glad it is already almost the weekend Just one more day of work

Hope everything is good with you today!
Old 08-16-2019, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Yeah, had an okay day. I'm slowly figuring out (at least in my head) what I'm doing with my degree and what I want to do with everything else... At least I have options, I just hate being home and literally not doing anything... The most frustrating is that I applied to most of these slightly random positions in July but because of summer vacation I only hear about them now and I know that I haven't heard from at least 20 more positions... Either way I'm going to keep applying... Sorry for rambling

Yeah, I'm not really sure if I want to live under the same roof as her when she gets here, but definitely within the same country... But it's still 3 months away, so I have time...
Old 08-16-2019, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's good you have some kind of idea what you want to do with your degree. I can see why what is frustrating. That is a lot of applications to have put out and not heard back from that many yet. That is all you can do is keep applying. Don't need to apologize for rambling

That is understandable At least you have some time to think about it!
Old 08-16-2019, 10:07 PM
Graphics Team Manager

What a shame you didn't get the job & the offers you've had aren't suitable

I know that I often never heard back from places when I was applying. Could be that some places just won't apply . Would be nice if they did even if its just to say no. At least then you know they looked at it/got it

Doing nothing sucks Hope it won't take too long to find something

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-17-2019, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I know that some companies are just too lazy to send back a "no-thanks" email, so that's also something I need to count on. Or I also love the general "sorry-no-but-keep-applying-to-other-positions"... The typical copy-paste HR letters.. Anyways I'm sure that something will come up...

The worst part is that I'd have things to do, but because of the whole application/job finding stress I don't have energy to work on things that I actually enjoy (like translating stuff from Spanish to English)... And I have a more or less solid fan-base waiting for new parts/episodes... I just can't focus on that as long as I don't know where I'm going to work...

And of course there's my brother (with almost the same degree) who wants me to work for his company as a fellow freelancer digital marketing expert... I'm not a fan of digital marketing & ads, but he's also family so I'm like in-between... (And I'm rambling again... I just need a place where I can vocalize everything without hurting anyone...)

How was your weekend? Chelle, how was the wedding?
Old 08-17-2019, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hate that some companies can't even send out some kind of reply. It sucks to wait to hear back.

Hope you had a good weekend Chelle! How was it?
Old 08-17-2019, 06:13 PM
Graphics Team Manager

At least the copy paste responses are at least responding. But yes, a bit lazy

That sucks it affecting you like that I hope that you are able to find a way to continue with at least something you enjoy even with the stress

Maybe work for the company with your brother while looking for something else which is more in line with what you actually want to do? It at least is a backup option to give you something. Also more experience which may make you look good & help with finding a job?

Rambling is fine

My week was good. Not ready for it to be over or to go back to work tomorrow though. But doesn't help that I don't want to work there anymore
The wedding was good & I actually enjoyed it in a way which is something . It was nice spending time with family during the week. Especially when I don't get that as I don't have family around where I live. Its so wonderful seeing how happy my cousin is too I'm so happy for them
One of my cousins caught the garter & my sister caught the bouquet so it was a little funny that the cousins caught them. I ended up with the bouquet though as we didn't think it'd survive the long trip home to my parents place (where my sister still lives). We weren't even sure how it'd go getting to my place but its not looking too sad

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-18-2019, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Well, I'm stress-reading and I'm also quite active here. It is at least something to easy my mind...

Yeah, but he has a one-man company with little income at the moment. so it's more like me helping out for free as long as I'm in-between-jobs... He just sent me an invitation to some internal platform to link the "team" with possible clients, it's an easy to use platform, but I don't know what he wants to do with that... Probably going to call him tomorrow about it... But yes, it's something till then... I just don't want to get overly involved in it, I still need time for sorting out job offers...

I'm glad to hear that you had a fun wedding week Chelle Family is always nice in small doses And I hope that you can find some other work, if you really hate working there...
Old 08-18-2019, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good your week was good Chelle. No one is every ready to go back to work (i don't think) after being off for a week. Good you enjoyed thw wedding!
Old 08-19-2019, 01:57 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Glad you have something to ease your mind Love having you around here too

well that's a bit disappointing - especially if you'd be working for free. Free experience is still experience but not really a job so that's a hard situation

I like family in larger doses

My work is hit & miss. Its mainly being so far away from family that is taking its toll on me. But I also don't think I'm going to get anywhere working here & don't think the centre aligns with who I want to be as an educator/my beliefs. But to move closer to my family I should get my driving license first so going to work on that, then look for a new place to work
Going back today wasn't too bad. But crazy me ended up agreeing to work an extra two hours which made for a long day (one of my co-workers who was on the closing shift called in sick so we needed someone to stay back & I'm one of the few who could)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread