Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2021, 05:25 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That's a shame you're struggling to find somewhere that fits your needs Hanna
Here supposedly unless you know a realtor its impossible to get a place. It takes months for people to get somewhere. Then supposedly teachers aren't good tenants & are harder to get accepted. Being told things like this doesn't give me a lot of hope

I got some sleep last night finally. Its hard to sleep here with anxiety, other people staying here playing loud music, & an uncomfortable bed. I don't wake up feeling rested even if I do sleep either.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-17-2021, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is a shame that you must have a realtor to get a place. It is sad that they make it so hard for a teacher to be accepted also.

I am sorry to hear you are not sleeping well due the people living where you are.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

My regular instructor is fine, but I didn't mind the "free weekend" either...

Baking is postponed for tomorrow... It's going to be oat & walnuts biscuits, it's something I've never made before, but it also sounds fairly easy to bake...

Chelle Hopefully, something will change soon... Or you find a nice & helpful realtor soon

I only had weed-smoking neightbours, but they aren't that noisy at least...
Old 04-18-2021, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

Gday all

Jean-Claude Van Damme Campaign
Old 04-18-2021, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry your baking was pushed, Hanna.

Hey there

Hate that the weekend is over already
Old 04-19-2021, 01:17 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Sometimes it can be nice to have a free weekend
Good luck with the new baking. It sounds easy to be too

Hopefully I do I know one application has been sent to the property manager so I'll see if that turns into an acceptance . Then I've got two more properties to inspect on Wednesday before I can apply for them. Along with a property I applied for but now need to find a way to inspect but hard to do when inspections are all when I'm at work . I wish they'd do rental inspections on the weekend here

Still weed-smoking isn't the nicest. Mine are just cigarette smoking & noisy. But they've been better since the building manager asked them to keep things down

First official day of work went well. Felt more like I was a part of something than just observing like I did during my three day induction last week

Quote:
Gday all
Hi Leigh(?) How are you?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-19-2021, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

That's alright, at least I have something to look forward to.

Monday tick. "Only" 28 pallets booked in for 9 destinations I can already see that this week is going to be an exhausting one...

Chelle At least your first real workday was nice.

It's insane how complicated the process of finding a good place to rent is no matter where you are... Doing rental inspections on Saturdays would make so much more sense than assuming that everyone is able to get out of work during the middle of the day/week...
Old 04-19-2021, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad your first day went well Chelle.
Sorry you have to live near a bunch of smokers

Sorry your week is off to a bad start Hanna.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:12 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I just love the thinking that people can just stop what they are doing & go to an inspection in the middle of their work days . Some of them are the same time each day around the middle of the day so I think they are designed for people to go to on their lunch break. Still doesn't help me though as I can't just leave work & I don't have a set lunch break time. Then one of my inspections I could book tomorrow after work has now been cancelled
What gets me is landlords want someone who works so wouldn't it make sense to book some inspections on a Saturday for those who have a Mon-Fri job? Even if it is one Saturday a month that at least is something

28 sounds like a bit. Hope your week isn't too exhausting

Hope everyone has a good week

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-20-2021, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That makes no sense Chelle that they won't schedule something when people can actually get there to an inspection. They definitely should try and work with you.
Old 04-20-2021, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Property management has little to do with common sense...

Yeah, they want you to work, but also be able to leave work during the middle of the day... because "hey, everyone has an hour lunch break"... Or over here "everyone works from home", so no one will see if they won't work for an hour or so...

Anyways, hopefully something good will come your way soon!

My Tuesday was decidedly better, but I have 4 or 5 pallets to forward to the UK as soon as they get to our warehouse, so that will keep me busy...

At least the landlord's 2nd warning has worked and they started to actually smoke outside for a change... But I have my doubts about how long this tendency will continue...

BTW, any crime show recommendations? I finished CSI NY, and don't feel like watching CSI Miami next...
Old 04-21-2021, 12:30 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Great logic for the 'everyone works at home' too

Glad your Tuesday was better Hanna

That's good they're listening to warnings I guess. But being a second warning doesn't seem promising

What crime shows have you watched? Have you seen any of the Law & Order's or FBIs (or anything else Dick Wolf does)?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-21-2021, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

It's not promising, but at least it seems to be working...

3 days done, 1 more to go, and my driving lesson will be back on Saturday as well. Also there is a chance that I would be able to have my theory exam earlier... I just have to think about it, whether it's worth a shot to have it moved up or not...

Crime-investigate-procedural shows I've seen completely: JAG, NCIS, Cold Case, Without s Trace, F.B.Eye, White Collar, CSI Las Vegas, CSI NY,

And I can recall on the spot...

I wasn't really fun of the Chicago PD pilot, but I'm giving a shot to SVU, and maybe will check Law & Order too
Old 04-22-2021, 01:29 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That is nice if it can be moved up. Do you think you'd feel ready having it moved up?

That's quite a few you've seen. Did you ever try CSI Cyber? That's the only CSI I saw & I didn't think it was too bad. It didn't last too long either so would be quick to get through. Bones from what I've seen is a good show but it is a bit different to the normal crime-procedural.

I haven't seen Chicago PD, only a little of the first season of Chicago Fire. I just feel like Dick Wolf can produce good shows from what I've seen. I've seen a handful of episodes of the original L&O, & quite a few episodes of Criminal Intent. Then probably all or close to all of SVU. Those are at least good I think (although SVU has run its course), then I'm enjoying FBI & Most Wanted. Criminal Intent I think might have more interaction between the characters & hints of personal lives than SVU does. SVU is more only if it is necessary for the story - although the later seasons have been showing a bit more.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-22-2021, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That is good they are listening to the warnings Hanna, hopefully it does last.

Good your driving lessons will be back on soon Hanna!

Some crime show recommendations - Burn Notice, The Rookie (still currently airing & one of my favs), Rizzoli and Isles, Castle, Blue Bloods (Still currently airing - I tend to find myself FF through parts though), Hawaii Five-0, Grimm (if you don't mind scary things and some gore ), Psych (if you don't mind over the top silliness and fun )
Closed Thread   Post New Thread