Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2021, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Today was better. I wasn't as exhausted as I was the past two days.

Good luck with the jobs you have applied to Chelle. Hopefully one of them gets back to you soon

Sounds like a busy day tomorrow Hanna!
Old 03-30-2021, 07:09 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That's good, glad you had a less exhausting day . I hope the rest of the week is the same

I got a call today from a place I applied to on Monday. I'll have a face-to-face interview with them tomorrow. They seemed to really like my application so that's something

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-31-2021, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too. I am taking a day off to visit with a friend this week so it will be a short week, which will be nice!

That sounds promising Chelle! Good luck!
Old 03-31-2021, 12:57 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Today wasn't as bad... Except for creating commercial invoices for a shipment with a total weight over 10,000 kg

& tomorrow will be another UK-day for me, since I need to book everything in I would normally book on Monday... But it's be okay...

That sounds promising Chelle!

Enjoy your day off/shorter week, Steph! You deserve a break!
Old 03-31-2021, 11:43 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Enjoy the shorter week . Is it not a shorter week anyway for you over there?

Hope your UK-day won't be too bad Hanna

I didn't sleep well & now I feel motion sick The interview seemed to go well though so that's something

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-01-2021, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Thanks

Nope, in NL Good Friday is not a holiday... Or at least not worth having a day off/bank holiday...

It was alright, in the end I didn't have to book in anything new... And "my stepladders" finally arrived from the UK too...

Chelle I hope that you're feeling better now! that something will come out of the interview...
Old 04-01-2021, 05:32 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That must be annoying to prepare for there being a holiday in other places when it isn't for you. It is a weird day off. I thought it was in most English-speaking countries at least if not most Western countries so presumed it would be in the Us. NL doesn't really surprise me that it isn't. Do you get Easter Monday?

Glad the step ladders arrived

I am feeling better, thanks

Have an interview with the place which had gotten back to me on my birthday on Wednesday . With all the weather & shorter week time went fast so they hadn't gotten back to me.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-02-2021, 01:22 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

We have Easter Sunday & Monday, just no Friday... It has something to do with the catholic/protestant religious orientation... Belgium & Germany celebrates Good Friday, NL doesn't or at least not its central & northern regions...

That's nice that you have another interview

(I'm downloading an antivirus program at the moment, since the program uninstalled itself with the latest system update... And I don't like to be without any "protection" for too long... )
Old 04-02-2021, 02:12 AM
Graphics Team Manager

It uninstalled itself? Useful Hope it doesn't take too long to reinstall it. Can't blame you for not wanting to be without it for long

Interesting you have the Monday still. Makes sense that it would have something to do with the different religions. Here we have Good Friday & Easter Monday as public holidays. Easter Sunday is a Sunday so not as much of a holiday since many things close Sundays anyway. Then certain stores remain open those days regardless as they're exempt from the public holiday rules. Then if Easter falls too late in April & Easter Monday falls on April 25 we get Easter Tuesday instead since the 25th is Anzac Day which is also a public holiday

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-02-2021, 02:38 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Easter Tuesday

On Sundays our shops - well most of them - are open for half a day during the afternoon, but now they're going to be closed on Sunday for sure...

As it turned out it was still on the pc, I was just unable to start it without re-installing it... Anyways, I ended up downloading another anti-malware software just to be sure... It's always better to have more programs blocking malware & viruses than less...

Btw did you "celebrate" Fools day?

It's not a holiday for me, or anyone in my family... But at work yesterday people came with a way to prank the manager, and my colleague - who is working in the position I would have been originally hired to do back in September - kept thinking up ways to prank her family/boyfriend... Her masterplan was to say that "she tested positive for the virus"... Last year it was "mom, I'm pregnant..." People shouldn't joke with stuff like that at all...

Last edited by florerr; 04-02-2021 at 02:47 AM
Old 04-02-2021, 02:57 AM
Graphics Team Manager

In New Zealand I think Easter Tuesday is or was a real thing. Not sure though. I remember seeing it on a calendar once (as sometimes you can buy calendars with holidays for both countries on it). The Australian state Tasmania still has it as far as I know.

At least it was still there but weird that you couldn't open it. Good you're now protected

I've never celebrated April Fools . well except for on here

Those aren't good jokes

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-02-2021, 03:10 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

No they aren't...

I know what you mean about the calendars, though for us it's mostly that the calendars "speak" 2 or more languages...

Well, as protected I guess as one can be when being online...
Old 04-02-2021, 03:17 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Of course. Never thought of that but they would have more than one language on them. Makes sense

Yeah as protected as you can be

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-02-2021, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

The perks of living in a mixed-language environment I guess...

Anyways, happy Easter to everyone who celebrates it!

I'm going to bed early, I have a driving lesson scheduled for 8 am tomorrow...

Afterwards I'm most likely going to bake (again)... The "orders" are cheesecake & some other pie with walnuts... And I'm eyeing a lemon cake to try out...
Old 04-02-2021, 08:27 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah

Happy Easter to those who celebrate from me too

That's early. Hope it goes well

Enjoy baking. Sounds like a few nice things to choose from to make (or make all of)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread