Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2021, 02:39 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Here we have soccer as well as football but football you hear more about. I don't understand any of the games really. But it confuses me further how different countries call things different things. Then somehow they compete against each other for things too?

Quote:
I just hate to be put into a position where I don't have all the "ingredients" to succeed without messing up anything... And it annoys me that I got to hired to do one thing and I'm actually doing something else on most days...
Both things sound frustrating. You shouldn't be put in a position where you haven't been trained fully to do the job. But not always possible to do that
Then if you've been hired for one thing they should let you do that... can you talk to someone about how you're feeling?

Glad you're finished the PNG movie now

Now have two job interviews today (one for casual the other full time) & a third later in the week (also for full time)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-01-2021, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Chelle Good luck today!

I could, but I'm giving it some time, see if things fall into any rhythm on their own... Work is work, and I'm learning either way... I have a contract till July as a part-timer, and afterwards will see what's going to happen...

I'm still thinking about switching for captioning in the long run, but it's nothing concrete - yet -

Basically what happened with this company in particular is that they went from a decent sized company to a mega-sized company in Europe within one year... It's one of the few companies who gained a lot by the virus... But the people have stayed the same, only juggling twice as much work...
Old 03-01-2021, 03:11 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks

That makes sense to do that. Also makes sense that they'd be figuring things out still jumping in size but not in staff

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-01-2021, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hanna, that is good your Monday was a bit more normal. It sucks to have to do stuff you are not use to doing... hopefully that won't happen too much more.

Nice you have completed your 15th movie!

Congrats and good luck on your interviews, Chelle!
Old 03-02-2021, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I guess it also comes with starting at a job where the position itself was never advertised

I'm used to dealing with 10-20 transportation companies at the time, but I normally didn't have to book in anything new... But I'm learning...

Today was stressful, but not as bad. I'm hoping that things will go back to normal, or that I get used to handling transportation on the side as well

How was your interview Chelle?
Old 03-03-2021, 01:13 AM
Graphics Team Manager

True they possibly have more created a role for you Hanna but still would be nice if you could do more of what you were hired to do instead of other tasks
Glad your day was better

The interviews went well yesterday. The casual position I could have, just would need to do a trial day first to make sure the fit is right. I'll find out on Friday about the full time position. Then I have the other interview tomorrow afternoon

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-03-2021, 02:36 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I kind of have a feeling that I'm going to end up doing something else than the original plan would have been based on what I am good at. Not perfect, but could become good at

But today was a normal day, I was busy with sending parcels and preparing parts to be shipped... More like ensuring that the warehouse picked the parts to the right pallets... And I know that I'm getting technical once again

That sounds like some progress, the other interview is also for a full-time position?
Old 03-03-2021, 04:07 PM
Graphics Team Manager

If you're good at something, makes sense they'll get you to do that

Yeah today's interview is for full time as well. Its actually in a town further north but with limited full time selection I felt I should branch out a bit more on the location.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-04-2021, 12:49 AM
Master Fan

Hi everyone, hope everyone is safe and healthy
Old 03-04-2021, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad to hear the interviews went well Chelle.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Chelle, that's amazing!

Hi, Syd, hope you're doing okay too

It's finally weekend for me, Thursday was a busy but normal day... Hopefully next Monday won't be that crazy either...

I have my next movie to caption, but I'm still debating to stay up & work on it or go to sleep tonight and pull an all-nigher from Saturday to Sunday instead

Happy weekend or almost weekend to everyone!
Old 03-05-2021, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope everyone has a good weekend
Old 03-06-2021, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Thanks, I hope you do too!

We have another new neighbour moving in downstairs... Hopefully, they will be nice enough people...

In the end I went to sleep last night, I couldn't muster enough energy to stay up for 2 or 3 am... But I'm planning to stay up tonight...

At least my current movie is about the Roman Empire, so much more interesting than the PNG movies
Old 03-07-2021, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My weekend has been eh. Wish it was longer, not looking forward to next weekend since the time is going to change

Hope the new neighbor is nice.

Good about your current movie being more interesting
Old 03-08-2021, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

They're quiet, but smoking and using weed inside...

Which means sleeping with open windows on the 2nd floor while outside it's around 5 degree... But something must be done to have fresh air...

If they're going to keep this up, we'll either try to talk with them, call the landlord or look for a new apartment/house to rent...

But otherwise I'm alright... Work is good, that's the only constant in my life atm...

My grandma - thanks to the peer pressure of our relatives - decided to vaccinate herself with the Chinese - proven to contain the actual virus - vaccine... All we can do is pray that she won't get sick after receiving both shots in a couple weeks time...