Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

NCIS Board Rules - Please Read and Respond

NCIS Board Rules

Most of the rules that are posted here can be found listed on the Official Fan Forum rules thread, but we posted a shorter version here of some of them here. To read the original version of the rule, visit the Official Fan Forum rules thread.

With that said, please take a few minutes to read through the NCIS board rules as well as the Official rules.

General Rules:
  • Please check the Thread Guide before starting any new threads. Duplicate threads will be closed.
  • Please do not quote pictures, post pictures directly from another site, or post pictures that are bigger than 800 pixels.
  • Please try not to go off-topic too much in discussion threads. We have an off-topic thread for discussions that don't relate to the show.
  • Please do not post links to downloading episodes or music. It's illegal.

Quote:
Spoilers:
• No spoilers about any new or current television shows are allowed on the television show forums, and they should only be posted on the Spoilers Forum. Information is considered to be a spoiler if it details something that has not yet been broadcast anywhere in the world. Promos that have already aired on television and small episode descriptions are not considered to be spoilers.

Pictures
• Pictures from promos that have already aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.
• Pictures of clips, episode stills and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie that are available on the Internet and have not been aired on television or have not been shown at the movie theatre before the movie is released are considered to be spoilerish, and they should only be posted in designated threads for the upcoming episode or movie.

• Avatars made from promos that have already aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.
• Avatars made from pictures of clips, episode stills from official websites, and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie should not be used until after the episode airs or until the movie is released, because avatars can be seen all over Fan Forum, and we want to respect the wishes of members that don’t want to see any spoilers for an upcoming episode.

Episode descriptions
• Small snippets/blurbs from TV Guide/Entertainment Weekly etc. are fine.
• Longer episode descriptions (like for example the ones FOX provides), are considered to be spoilerish and should just be discussed on the episode discussion thread until the episode airs or they should be posted with spoiler tags in various threads on the television boards here.
Please do not post any kind of spoiler here on this board. If we see any spoilers posted, they will be removed from your post. In addition to the rules, spoiler rules include the following:
  • No spoiler talk or reactions
  • No use of spoiler tags, since that can give things away too
If you want to read or post spoilers, please go to the NCIS Spoiler Thread at the Spoiler Board

Double Posting and Thread Bumping:
Official Fan Forum Rules state:
Quote:
• Do not bump threads, or post solely to increase your post count. This is called “star posting,” and doing it can result in the loss of posting privileges. Also, don’t post sequentially on a thread (meaning don’t post right after yourself) just edit your first post if you have something to add to what you originally said.
  • DOUBLE/TRIPLE POSTING:
    This is also against the general FF rules. And we prefer you try NOT to double/triple or even more, post in a row. However, there are exceptions, such as when FF or your computer is running slow and freezes or times out on you and accidentally puts more than one post through, we understand you can't control that. And if there's a thread which hasn't been posted in for a while and you'd like to add to it with new information, then you can post. But other than that, please do NOT double or triple post.
    Credit: Friday Night Lights board

Bashing:
Official Fan Forum Rules state:
Quote:
• Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully, but do not attack other posters. Please treat other members with the same respect and courtesy that you would want for yourself.
With that said, please abide by the following rules:
  • No anti-threads of an kind here please. If we see an anti thread, it will be closed.
  • Don't go into any thread that you are not a shipper of and know that you will not like what you will most likely read there. If for some reason you do have a problem about a discussion in one of these threads, PLEASE PM Steph or Yaz about the issue. We don't want to see the issue taken to your shipper thread and being discussed. It only causes problems.
  • Absolutely no bashing of other posters, fanbases or actors/actresses.
  • Please don't use avatars or signatures to bash characters, other posters, shipper groups, or any other groups, etc.

If you have any questions about any of these rules, think there is something that should be added, or any questions in general, please PM us. Miss Kenton (Yaz) and/or maplezbear (Steph)

Steph and Yaz
Old 08-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

It all looks great. Thanks for posting them Steph.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Thanks Steph & Yaz.

Just noticed a spelling mistake and fixed it.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

Oh thanks for that Chris.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep.

And thanks Chris.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

Read and understood
Liliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Information is considered to be a spoiler if it details something that has not yet been broadcast anywhere in the world.

So, again I ask if it's posted on ET is it still a spoiler?
landlfan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by landlfan01 (View Post)
Information is considered to be a spoiler if it details something that has not yet been broadcast anywhere in the world.

So, again I ask if it's posted on ET is it still a spoiler?
What do you mean by posted on ET? If it airs and you saw it on Entertainment Tonight then it's not a spoiler because it's been broadcast.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ Yep. Since no new episodes have aired yet, it's considered spoilers.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

Even I get all confused with this spoiler stuff.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is a little confusing at times.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Basiclly if it has not aired on the mighty CBS, we can't talk about it, so we have 5 weeks of talking about the weather etc., while our posts here drop to next to nothing.
landlfan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

I know, it sucks majorly. Maybe we can do some rewatches til the show comes back. Open some episode discussion threads of the ones we watch and we all post our opinions. How does that sound?
Old 08-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It does suck. Episode discussion threads could be good. Things may be slow for now, but you know they will pick up once the season starts.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, I hope they do.