Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2020, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Yeah, my mind keeps comparing the shows while re-watching NCIS LA...
Old 03-21-2020, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I bet
Old 03-21-2020, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I'm just focusing more on the character development and dynamics instead of the case of the week...

But at least I'm keeping this thread alive with new things spotted...
Old 03-21-2020, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is true! Keep it up!
Old 03-21-2020, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I will most likely...

I can already know what I'm going to mention next... (aftet doing a bit of homework )
Old 03-21-2020, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 03-21-2020, 07:46 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Not surprised they'd have similarities with how they handle relationships as each show has handled different relationships in different ways. Interesting seeing them all written out though

I think Leon & Jackie on NCIS are similar to Sam & Michelle's relationship on LA. In both shows we're presented with a character who actually has a happy marriage & children outside of work. They actually both have a son & a daughter too so that's another similarity. But the main thing for me is that both shows destroyed the happy marriage they'd shown us by killing off the wives.

I'll see if I can spot anything from now on as I'm pretty sure I'm now up to when I started really watching LA or at least all the LA episodes I've seen before

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:03 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

True. But at least in Jackie's case it was an accident and she wasn't threatened by anyone...

Also Leon seems to have a better relationship with his children... Sam's son will move back to LA - hopefully he's not in trouble - but we haven't seen his daughter in quite some time...
Old 03-22-2020, 01:28 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes. I'm glad they've got different stories, its just the little similarities between them. Then although similar things have happened, they're still different. But still interesting how they had established relationships set up & then killed off the wives for both. Even if the circumstances behind are different, along with the relationship between father & children

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-22-2020, 01:42 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

That's why I love this thread! It allows for comparing the shows...

For the never happened (Option C) I think Sebastian & Tammy fit it: they would have the connection to have something more than friendship, but because of the way Tammy is written it's just not going to happen...
Old 03-22-2020, 01:50 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes, true. I imagine there are people who ship them or wish something could happen too. I don't but I do think they also could make a fun couple too if the writers wanted to change Tammy's sexuality

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-22-2020, 01:55 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Unlikely to happen...

Callen & Harm share the need to find out what happened with their fathers...

At some point both of them were convinced that their fathers had died.. The milestone (100th) episode for Callen & the season finale of s3 for Harm...

Harm later on learns about his father having a 2nd family in Siberia before he died, and of having a younger brother too (the one mentioned in the NCIS backdoor pilot).

Callen ends up finding his dad alive in Siberia, who also had a 2nd family after Callen's mom died...
Old 03-22-2020, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Still so interesting seeing all the similarities!
Old 03-23-2020, 12:37 AM
Graphics Team Manager

oh wow, that's a few similarities then

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-24-2020, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Both AJ, Rabb, Gibbs & Pride had visions at some point at their respective shows

In one of the earlier (maybe s4) episodes of JAG AJ kept having visions - his life is threatened by an ex-special ops team member who supposedly died in Vietnam.

There's a double episode - season finale of s7 or s8 of JAG - where Rabb is slowly dying at the ocean and keeps having visions about his father (played also by David James...)

Not counting the double episode with Kate's death only Gibbs has regular visions/discussions with the dead throughout the show... With Kelly, Franks & Diane just to name the most important ones

And there's NOLA with Pride - who keeps having visions, no matter what... He had she-death and now he has the man in the red suit (?)...