Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2019, 05:41 PM
Graphics Team

I don't know if I ever knew.. but I wonder why they decided to replace Meg with Mac?
I mean I love that they brought in Catherine to play another character, as I love Mac a lot. But I was just curious why Meg was only a main in the first season
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 04-07-2019, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No idea only thing I know is that NBC canceled it and than CBS took over and took it 9 seasons

Which doesn't make sense cause the season ended in a cliffhanger of Harm being arrested

Unless there's 1x23 that need to find -- Nope ends the season of Harm being arrested

Weird looks like it jumps right into 2x01 with no resolution unless its answered in the episode

Last edited by crash landing; 04-07-2019 at 05:52 PM
Old 04-07-2019, 06:00 PM
Graphics Team

I honestly rarely rewatch the first season So I don't even remember it.
I should rewatch that though.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Am online-streaming so maybe its meant to be a 2 hour but they only uploaded first

Found these on IMDB no idea much of its fan or direct

Quote:
JAG: Skeleton Crew (1996)
Season 1, Episode 22

Skeleton Crew Pt II never existed.
22 August 2007

After viewing the DVDs of both Seasons 1 and 2 including the special features, I think I can piece together what happened.

Season 1 was on NBC who canceled it, and I think the episode was written as a season ending cliffhanger. When CBS decided to pick up the series, the network ordered some changes which included replacing the character of Meg with another actress who would be equal to Harm in rank and experience.

Making the character a Marine instead of a naval officer added an additional level of conflict between them. According to statements made by Catherine Bell on Season 2's DVD, she heard about the changes and contacted David Bellasario for a chance at the role. To explain her resemblance to the dead officer from last season, they came up with the deja vu moment.

The only reason I can come up with for not concluding Skeleton Crew was CBS would not want to air an episode that was started on another network, not only be due to competition, but half a story would be worthless in repeats. Somewhere in someone's computer there is probably a story treatment or even a script for the lost episode, but we'll probably never know.
Quote:
JAG: Skeleton Crew (1996)
Season 1, Episode 22

Skeleton Crew part 2
13 June 2007

Yes the second part to that episode was never written and never filmed. The reason for this was that Jag originally got canceled (hence the lack of 24 episodes in it's debut season) toward the end of Season 1 (so I've read, not 100% sure on this but it explains a few things) and was later picked up again, resulting in an additional 9 seasons.

Another reason for not continuing with that episode was that Catherine Bell starred in the teaser portion of the episode and her character Diane was murdered, having her suddenly come back to life in Season 2 was a bit odd so the writers covered it up with Deja Vu from Rabb in the 1st episode of Season 2 and again some flashbacks of this particular episode are referred to in Season 3 if my memory serves me well. (I got most of this information from TV.com and the rest are just my assumptions.)

The show is great though and I'm a big fan...and I'm glad
2x01 time

I'll post my thoughts when not tired and have had some sleep but I liked first season and I did like Meg BUT to answer your question as per speculation -- even than Catherine was a hell of a hot woman read quotes which actually answered that Catherine wanted the role

They actually had George W Bush giving Harm a medal the real one or seemed like a real one

MAC first meeting of Mac and of course flashes to the woman

Webb didn't know he was right from the start

Tunnery always loved him

Last edited by crash landing; 04-07-2019 at 06:28 PM
Old 04-07-2019, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad to see that this thread is active again
Old 04-07-2019, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Blame|Thank Chelle and my right-time having seen it as last thread posted on while on homepage

Chelle also found a request campaign where posted the link too even if its not been touched in 5 years -- also tagged it with the show name

Last edited by crash landing; 04-07-2019 at 07:36 PM
Old 04-07-2019, 07:36 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
read quotes which actually answered that Catherine wanted the role
Well it's great that she wanted it and they ended up having her back
I loved the little deja vu moment with Harm. He had wondered why Mac looked so much like Diane.

I guess it was a big mistake then for NBC to cancel the show Since it got another 9 seasons.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well maybe it wouldn't have succeed on NBC where probably some of the 9 seasons success probably was Catherine Bell cause 1) she's hot 2) Harm|Mac

So watched 2x01 but decided to wait to continue cause its already 10:30PM

Think it was a great intro to Mac and was a great way to show that she was not Diane that Harm knew so it was a good starter for her

Bud such an adorable lovable character always loved

I didn't mind the female boss from 1st season but no one beats The Admiral [AJ]
Old 04-07-2019, 07:47 PM
Graphics Team

Oh I love Admiral Chegwidden and Bud was a great character. I also quite liked Harriet

I don't think the show's success had to do with Catherine being hot. Yes that was a plus, but I am sure the show's success had to do with the characters and the storylines, and just the way they developed it. I mean they had a lot of viewers too even in the first season.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Bud|Harriet

Turner was great too I really liked the season that had Gunney and his bromance with Tunney or however you say Admiral's "secretary"

Oh I wasn't implying that CBell being hot was the sole reason but it certainly added to it

Will probably be watching more throughout the week but off to attempt sleep - will be here in this thread a lot

Rewatching 2x03 “Jinx” and can’t remember if he does go for a relation with his buddies widow wife “Ann” or not with how I’ve seen the episode

Well will have to see cause “Ann” is taking friendship and moving away from where she had been. Taking the chance to rediscover herself away from what happened to her dead husband and away from Harm

So don’t remember if she is indeed one of Harm’s relations cause my main one I remember is the reporter or whatever she was

HARRIET first time seeing her

Last edited by crash landing; 04-08-2019 at 08:00 PM
Old 04-08-2019, 10:29 PM
Graphics Team

I also really liked Skates. She was pretty cool And Loren Singer had some fire to her

And who's Tunney? Tiner?
Old 04-08-2019, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tiner had no idea how to spell it

Just looked up Loren Singer and the actress was[is?] the wife of David so they were married and starred in the show together whenever Singer was on the show. I slightly remember her but don't remember if she dated Harm or not -- speaking of him, don't recall if I knew this or not but he's Canadian

Skates she was pretty awesome indeed

Speakin of this episode, 2x05, and it having been back in 1996 where probably was still dealing with the issue of women serving.

It was great them having brought up the issue of it but the woman with the accusation had no case - CAG was right about the fact that she had no ability to fly based on what ended up happening

Skates was right that if women want equal treatment than something like that Crossing of the lines was not sexual assault but something that if you feel as a woman that you have the balls to serve than in a sense you need to have the balls to be able to take stuff like that

Yes times call for a change but in something like this situation, should be considered the same equal to what a man can take being a pilot means you need to be able to take a lot. So should be tough enough to deal with what a man deals with

The pilot that started it all with her going to the hotline took things too personally, she let it get to her and that just proved that she didn't have what it took to be a pilot. Having taken 3 times to get out of school and just the mere fact that it was due to wanting to have more women serve -- a woman serving should be looked at the same way a man does equal treatment cause its going to take a lot to be able to do what these people do

2x06 cause can't sleep after having slept 16 hours and still have a headache that's probably due to sleeping so much

Also ended up watching 2x07 and felt so bad for the Admiral related to what ended up happening to his gf and that it was Osborne

Last edited by crash landing; 04-09-2019 at 01:39 AM
Old 04-09-2019, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
Blame|Thank Chelle and my right-time having seen it as last thread posted on while on homepage

Chelle also found a request campaign where posted the link too even if its not been touched in 5 years -- also tagged it with the show name
Hey, no blaming here! I am glad that we have more people coming over here posting - only if it's just in the one thread
Old 04-09-2019, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Just seen Nanci Chambers as Meg O'Hara before she is Singer

Hadn't realized that we had seen so much of Webb already about half into the 2nd season and he's been in half of the first 10 episodes

When Webb's been taken by the Columbian Drug Lord Mac almost kissed Harm

Harm just went undercover as a Gunney [sp?] and his "training" with the officer at the beginning was cute but he made one hell of one all the same

This was another had seen before just like 2x03 but majority of the ones have seen before won't remember most of it

Last edited by crash landing; 04-09-2019 at 03:45 PM
Old 04-12-2019, 03:39 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Sarah looking at your signature, it mentions just the one episode. The return so to speak starts the week before with Harm appearing in the episode, then both in the following one. Just wanted to check you knew it was both so that you watch both

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread