Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2017, 10:55 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Jacqueline Sloane/Maria Bello #1

Welcome to the 1st
Jacqueline "Jackie" Sloane/Maria Bello
Appreciation Thread!

x
Jacqueline Sloane, or Jack as she's more commonly referred to as, is a forensic psychologist who relocated to the D.C. office in season 15. She has previously worked with Director Leon Vance at the San Diego office, and the pair have maintained their friendship over the years. Jack is portrayed by Maria Bello.

Jack is a private person with a complicated past. Around 20 years ago she fell pregnant, but feeling as though she would not make a good mother, she gave her child up for adoption. However over time this decision weighs heavily on her, and eventually the pair meet when the hospital that her daughter, Faith Tolliver, works at is involved in a case NCIS works on. Unfortunately for Jack, Faith wants nothing to do with her mother. Prior to joining NCIS, Jack was a lieutenant serving in Afghanistan. During this time she was captured by Nigel Hakim where she was tortured and had to watch her team members killed one by one before she was rescued from the imprisonment.

As the forensic psychologist at NCIS, Jack has an open door policy so the team is free to visit her anytime - and choose from her lollipop stack. According to her each colour has its own meaning in regards to one's personality. Her preferred work method is observing and chatting instead of solely reading profiles. She tends to join interrogations and isn't afraid to get involved in the investigation process.

Sloane: "Green. Yes." Bishop: "How did you know?"
Sloane: "'Cause you have a gigantic heart."

Maria Elaina Bello was born in 1967 in Norristown, Pennsylvania and is of Italian and Polish descents. She the daughter of a contractor and a teacher/school nurse, and has two brothers and one sister.

Maria has a BA in political science from Villanova University. She fell in love with acting due to an elective class during her studies. She became known thanks to her role in ER as Dr. Anna Del Amico, the love interest of Dr. Carter in season 4. Since then she has had recurring roles in shows like Touch, Prime Suspect, and Goliath. She has also appeared in various movies over the years; her best known role was as Evelyn O'Connell in The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.

In 2001 Maria gave birth to her only child, Jackson Blue McDermott. His father is Dan McDermott, whom Maria was dating at the time. Over the years Maria has dated both males and females; including Clare Munn and Elijah Allan-Blitz; however she doesn't use a label to describe her sexual orientation. For her love is love, which is something that she learned from her son as it was how he responded when she told him that she was in a relationship with a woman. In December 2019 Maria became engaged to chef Dominique Crenn, with the couple making their first public appearance as a couple at the Academy Awards in February 2020. She is good friends with actresses Carrie-Anne Moss, Mariska Hargitay and Amy Brenneman.

She is a humanitarian, founding 'WE ADVANCE' in 2010 to help the Haitian survivors. Maria was also a board member of the NGO Darfur Women Action Group helping the genocide victims of the Darfur conflict. In 2015 Maria published a book "Whatever... Love is Love: Questioning the labels we give ourselves" where she wrote about her personal journey through partnerships, love, family, and her battle with bipolar disorder.

x

Fans

- shinebrighterxx
- in love with you dummy
- PurpleLily
- Summer Falls

"Style is cyclical. I have to notice these things in my job."

Future Title Ideas

- Coming Soon

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good idea starting this. Forgot we are getting a new character (again)
Old 10-14-2017, 06:31 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah, figured when I saw in the ep thread she was coming in we probably should have threads for the new characters in the shows

Hopefully she's a nice addition to the team/show

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-15-2017, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yup, we should have them.

I hope so. Hope she won't be an annoying character
Old 06-24-2018, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm really liking her.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:57 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I like her, but still don't necessarily see why she was needed

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-25-2018, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The psychological aspect has been interesting. It wasn't needed, but it's something extra when it's used.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-25-2018, 11:18 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It is but I feel Ducky still had it a little before? but they're using her because he's in it less idk

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-26-2018, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think he had it as in depth, and I guess with less of him it makes sense to capitalise on more of that aspect where possible.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-27-2018, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sloan has been a good addition for the most part. I do agree with Chelle that Ducky was good with the psychological, but also agree with you Leigh that it is not in depth as Sloan.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think this way works because there is room for both of them.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-28-2018, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed
Old 06-29-2018, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I like having them both.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-29-2018, 11:18 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That's true, she's more in depth. But they've also managed without her for a very long time . Either way she's been a pretty good addition & they all work well together. I like it when her & Ducky are together too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-30-2018, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Kind of wish we got the two of them together more.

Leigh Tumblr
Reply   Post New Thread