Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2021, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Each has different flavors to them, which makes it hard for Hawaii to branch out but being on the island. It will automatically different from the Washington feel and Louisiana feel, and of course LA focused on missions as opposed to run a mill cases.

Which is why NOLA was more of a companion spinoff to NCIS than LA was...

So, it will be interesting to see how Hawaii does.. because it can't be another Hawaii 5-O or even Magnum. I makes me curious how it will be different...

Yeah. NCIS had the easy of going first. But with relatively minor cast changes. Only Sasha. And Cote was around for another seven and Emily joined. And nothing major until Michael left, and Ducky went recurring as the actor got older.

They were fortunate that it took a lot of years before they had more of a cast turn over with relatively minor issues except for how Cote first left, or how Quinn suddenly left. And then we all know the back story of Abby's departure.

LA also had very little turn over. With only one significant departure I remember in those first years. The young agent in the first season, that would eventually give Deeks a place.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 03-18-2021, 04:20 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS has had a few cast changes, but they've been over a longer period. Sasha & Pauley are probably the only ones who possibly left due to background issues. Cote may have too. But all of them have been spread out. NOLA could've been the same if it had gone on longer as they may have now had no more changes, we'll never know. To me NOLA never felt like it had a high turnover . It has when you think about it, but for me I didn't feel it. But they've had someone leave every two seasons so that is quite a bit... it also probably didn't help that they were having cast changes at the same time as NCIS so that would add to the feeling of cast turnover. I'm not sure why I never felt like NOLA had a high cast turnover

LA has been really lucky with its cast. Everyone has stayed on except for Dom (who I don't think ever was a main character) & Nate. Then of course they had to write out Granger because of the passing of Miguel Ferrer but that's an understandable cast turnover. Its really only been trying to fill that void since then that they've had changes. But its more introducing new people than replacing any

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-18-2021, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I forgot Nate. Dom is the one I was thinking.

Yeah, with NCIS at 18, their cast changes don't feel as problematic. I actually forgot in those early years it was Sasha, and then there was Lauren as Jenny. I think there were behind the scenes with that one. I believe a rumor she believed that it was Mark who was behind it. Whether it's true or not, I have no idea. But something obviously had happened in because of the season, that had the strike impact it.

Suddenly, Jenny was dying once they came back from the hiatus.

Cote's was more how short notice her departure was. Just a few days before the show was to report back for filming after the summer hiatus. So they had to rush to come up with a departure storyline.

And throw a half a season of plans...

NCIS main drama came in those early years was Bellesario's departure. Mark engineered his departure. Saying the working conditions on the set had become too much, long hours and might be been one of the reasons why Sasha had wanted to leave so soon into the show... So, CBS picked Mark, and Bellasario was out... And they brought in I believe in Brennan.

NOLA did not feel like it, until it did start to pile up. With Lasalle's departure the last of it. But most of my issues with NOLA was the storylines. They leaned too heavily on Pride's issues.

I mean Gibbs is no easy going guy. He has way too much pain and loss. Which is why is why I wished they had kept Kelly alive, but no doubt it's provided 18 plus years of storyline, that you can watch the episode dozens of times and you still enjoy the show.

NOLA did not have the same feel to it.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 03-18-2021, 05:20 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I wasn't watching NCIS yet when that happened so I don't know. I thought Lauren wanted to leave but then because of the writers strike they had to write her out quicker . Not that there were issues behind her leaving. That'd be another actor from the show though if that is the case

NCIS's departures have been Sasha/Kate (S2), Lauren/Jenny (S5), Cote/Ziva (S10/11), Michael/Tony (S13), Pauley/Abby (S15), Duane/Reeves (S15), Maria/Sloane (S18). So it started slow but then they went to quite a few departures in the last few years. They also had Jennifer Esposito (Quinn) in there but that I think is more the actress than anything to do with the show. You'd expect for a show now in its 18th year though that there would be cast changes

NOLA had Zoe (Brody) end of S2, Shalita (Percy) in S4, then Lucas (LaSalle) early S6. We've had other cast added in during the seasons though not just Vanessa (Tammy) to replace Zoe (Brody), Charles (Quentin) to replace Lucas (LaSalle). Their writing has been their biggest issue but there's been behind the scenes reasons behind two out of three departures. Zoe could've left because of her things to do with her personal life or it could've been because of Brad Kern, or a combination of both. Shalita has said she had issues with how she was treated. But their main issues were writing too much of a 'Pride only show' not the balance. Now they've got more of a balance to go with a good team.

NCIS has balance. Yes Gibbs has demons & issues but they give us balance even when focusing on him. LA is the same - we have Callen's backstory & discovery but we also have balance. We also have backstory on the others. NOLA didn't have that & Pride didn't quite have the same issue to fall back on. So they kept giving him some or making it bigger than it really was to compete imo

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-19-2021, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I don't know... NOLA always had its own taste, if it wasn't about Pride it was about LaSalle's messed up family... Or the mayor or something other... And the fact that NOLA had more PD-like cases instead of clear navy connections didn't help their case either...

... Still 3 exits in 7 seasons isn't such a bad turn around... But the fact that Zoe & Shalita filled in more or less the same place in the "team" didn't help either... Without counting the circumstances around their exit...
Old 03-23-2021, 12:03 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Season finishing dates:

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-23-2021, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting that, saw that last night but was too lazy to come and post it
They are ending late this year, but I can understand why. So that probably leaves about another what, at the most 8 episodes for the shows?
Old 03-23-2021, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Based on this publication, my bet is on NCIS being renewed for S19 too... Otherwise, they would have announced something by now...

Still said about NOLA ending though :sad:
Old 03-23-2021, 03:10 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Aren't they only a week later than normal?

I wouldn't be surprised if they'll wait to see reactions of no Gibbs to decide for sure if Mark does want to leave or cut back

LA has aired 12 out of of 18 episodes so there's 6 episodes left

NCIS has aired 10 out of 16 episodes so it also has 6 episodes left

NOLA has aired 11 out of 16 episodes so it only has 5 episodes left

(in other words there's more breaks to come )

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-24-2021, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Definitely more breaks to come
Old 03-24-2021, 04:12 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Unfortunately . I feel like they could've ended the seasons on the normal week & given us less breaks or at least one less week break

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-25-2021, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Maybe, or they thought that they're going to be able to film more episodes
Old 03-25-2021, 03:09 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Maybe or it was a 'just in case they can' move. I think we knew how many episodes had been ordered for the season from the start or early on though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-25-2021, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Possible... I don't mind the late season finale though, at least it means that there will be NCIS to watch during the last weekend of May too... But I'm not looking forward to all the breaks in between...
Old 03-25-2021, 03:23 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Agreed

Breaks are annoying . I think its affecting ratings over here too since we're caught up. This week had terrible ratings. I wouldn't be surprised if people think its the channel here screwing with us & never know if its a new or old ep. I don't know how it doesn't affect things in the US but maybe it does, just not as noticeably.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread