Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2021, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

In the height of the spinoffs CBS always seemed to avoid doing a triple cocktail of the show. They tended to use the original to springboard the others until they moved them to a new night to use new shows to get some of the NCIS audience.

So I cannot see them moving LA back to Tuesday. Since it does seem the most off the books these days.

I agree, if they move anyone from NO. The only thinking that Hannah might move is if the daughter and the ex husband is still overseas. She might be open to it.

Who knows how the show ends. But yeah the easy end for Sebastian is to move where his girlfriend is. Although it's new, so they might breakuo ,And Gregorio might a possibility, she has a relationship, but she also has commitment issues,

Carter is the newest. But he has a bit of face recongition and his character has most to mold, since we really do not know much except the latest about his mother and brother.

Maybe the brother gets assigned to Peal Harbor, and he moves there...

Or they will go completely brand new and use NCIS in the fall to introduce the new show.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 02-26-2021, 07:47 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Just because CBS hasn't done something in the past doesn't mean they won't do it now. Or if they have done something in the past that they'll continue it. It may increase the chances but who knows really.

I can't see them moving with LA since it works on Sunday. It has nothing to do with if it is like NCIS or not. NCIS & LA pair together just fine in Australia too . The only difference I see between it & NCIS is the setting but at least when the season started all three shows were in different time periods. I wouldn't be surprised if really they'll be in the same time again come next season.

If they're going to move anyone from NOLA I'd presume it would be to try encourage people to watch. It isn't logical to then pick Carter the newest character for that. But I also don't think they'd move anyone. I presume it'll be a whole new set of characters

FBI doesn't need NCIS so I presume it'll move from Tuesday nights & Hawaii will take its place . But I don't see it as their only option. If it were me personally I'd be pairing Most Wanted with LA, Hawaii with NCIS, & FBI with the new FBI if next season both shows are going to have 3 each. That way both new shows get the led in from the originals, & the existing middle shows should work nicely together. But I see NCIS, LA, & FBI all as options of pairing Hawaii with

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-27-2021, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I can't really see anyone from the NOLA team moving to Hawaii tbh... It wouldn't make sense, and I would rather have a completely new team instead of recycling someone from NOLA...

Though I think Scott Bakula could do the Hawaii-vibe too, but I think he's actually going to stay in NO for sure after the show's end...
Old 03-10-2021, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A former Hawaii 5-0 actress Katrina Law is joining NCIS... As a REACT agent, Jessica Knight and she will air in the final two episodes of this season, with a option to return next season should the show be renewed.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/ncis-ka...ng-1234711878/
Old 03-10-2021, 08:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

I like her as an actress, Ive seen her on a few shows. should be interesting to see how she is on this one.
Old 03-11-2021, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I liked her in H50 too... It could be interesting to have a new character joining the show
Old 03-11-2021, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that! I think she would be a nice addition.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:19 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for the news. I guess anyone who's watched both will just have to forget that its the same actress playing two different characters since both shows exist in the same universe

Personally I don't see a need for someone new, particularly an agent, but it all depends on how they write it (or if someone is leaving). I guess they had a team of 5 when Quinn was on the show & that worked...

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-12-2021, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Yeah, technically they're in the same universe, but NCIS never had any mention about Five-O, not even during the Pearl Harbour ep

I'm not ruling out the need for a new character, it depends on the character and the way they write her in...
Old 03-12-2021, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would never have thought they were in the same universe. I know they did a crossover with LA. But the mothership never has made any mention of it. Or of LA for that matter LOL.

They tend to add someone to replace someone who left. And probably does not Bishop to be the only female agent. And wanted wait a little while after Sloane left before introducing someone new.

But then we do not know what the plan is. Or are they do a Grey's Anatomy approach. Planning for two scenario's because they are unsure of renewal.
Old 03-12-2021, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

That's a good point... We still have no information about NCIS being renewed for s19 as well

Yeah, at some point LA became its own show without any mention of NCIS or NOLA
Old 03-12-2021, 05:37 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I see what you're saying but for me it is illogical to think they don't exist in the same world. I also have no issue with it. Shows reuse actors all the time, & she won't be the first in the universe to change character. At least its on a different show, not playing two different characters on the one show.

For me we know that LA is in the same universe as the original, & LA is in the same universe as H50 so NCIS & H50 have to also exist in the same universe. Even without any mentions. To me there was no reason to mention them in the Pearl Harbour episode either. It is more questionable to ask why this NCIS Hawaii team weren't mentioned in that but again I don't think there was a need for it really. (Same for how Jenny died in LA but we didn't hear about the LA team until the following season)

They've said that they're not planning on replacing Sloane's character & this character doesn't sound like a replacement for her. Sloane's departure won't really leave a void in the show I don't think either. But we also don't know what their plan with this new character is, it is only an appearance at the end of the season at this stage. They could also turn around & put her in NCIS Hawaii for all we know

NCIS hasn't mentioned LA since its creation, or NOLA since the last crossover. Its left them both to do their own things. LA I don't think has mentioned the DC office since season 7. That was at least the last time they had an appearance from a character from the original show

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-12-2021, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mark was not quiet about his displeasure of LA when it was conceived. He was much more pleased about NOLA. And became involved with the creation. So, it does not surprise that we have not heard of LA. And yes, since early on, they stopped having a connection to the LA office.

With the show being around so long. Actors are going to get reused. It's always funny when someone who appears on another version in a prominent role.

This will be different case.

They did not want to do a direct replacement. Sloane also came just as Ducky was phasing into a recurring character. So, there is not as much as a need for that... So, this one, depending on what they have planned. She is something different.

The new character looks to be married, and has a small baby. Her husband is a stay at home father, who caring for the child.

It's good that they are doing their own thing. And it's not a direct replacement.

So, we shall see if she meshes. And the show continues, and she comes back.
Old 03-13-2021, 02:42 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

She sounds like a different character... It'd be nice to see her join the NCIS Hawaii team, though that would make it quite peculiar if the new show would have a crossover episode with Magnum...

I didn't know about Mark not being too pleased about LA back then, but it also makes kind of sense... LA has a different vibe from the beginning compared to NCIS... But that's also what makes the 2 (3) shows work so well together...
Old 03-13-2021, 04:12 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I doubt they're setting up her character for Hawaii, I was just making a point that we don't know what their plans were. Never know though It could be nice & I'd probably rather that than them adding someone new when it isn't necessary . But I also shouldn't judge before I see, they've made it work in the past, its just the one character which was more pointless
Do you think that NCIS Hawaii would crossover with Magnum?

I didn't know about Mark's dislike for the show or that it originated from the beginning. I know that Donald Bellisario had issues with it since he wasn't asked about it. Mark has had issues though as that's why he's never appeared on the show & probably also why the shows don't crossover often. When it came to NOLA as far as I know he was a part of its creation from the start.

I disagree that it was early on that they cut ties, it has just been a while since we've had a mention. Both shows are completely different & set on opposite sides of the country. I wouldn't expect too much interaction or mentions of the other team. LA is meant to be more secretive too. LA should possibly mention DC more often since they all have to answer to them but because they've got Hetty & they had people like Granger they haven't had to. It is possible that behind the scenes they've been asked to do that or its their way of avoiding crossing the shows over because of certain people, I don't know. NCIS is more guilty of never bringing up LA again, at least LA has mentioned them & had Vance, Abby, & Tony all appear. Its just the last 5 seasons they've been telling other stories haven't even had Vance. That could also have something to do with Rocky too. NCIS however has had missed opportunities. It was only once that they've had a story start in one & finish in the other. They could've mentioned when Abby got kidnapped in LA or even shown something in one of the episodes that Abby was going over there or Abby was in trouble but they didn't.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread